Rate this Topic

32 votes

[ROM][JB][ICS][AOSP] Bugless Beast

• Please log in to reply

bigknowz

bigknowz

Android Osmotic

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:48 AM #5691

You guys are hardcore! 4.1.x is a little more battery efficient.
I hope you're staying for that and not out of some loyalty to BB.
I think we can say it's dead. He bought a Nexus 4 and on his G+ post pretty much ostracized the ones waiting on an update.

It's been beat into the skeletonized horse but Baldwinguy77 is offering stellar support for his 98% pure ASOP Shiny ROM.

i'm getting better battery life on Shiny ROM vs. BB. ROM is also very fast and smooth.
  • 0 Likes

Nexus 5 stock + franco

Retired

GNex Shiny ROM + franco

Wicket

Wicket

Android Guru

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:28 AM #5692

I have 2 GMail accounts and I don't think I ever had any calendar sync issues, maybe try signing out and back in.. clear the calendar apps cache maybe. Hope you get it sorted!

I finally switched over to try Shiny but it was mostly because my phone was acting very laggy and while I'm sure I could have hunted down the cause I took it as an opportunity to do a full device wipe clean install, I had been running BB since it first upped to JB so it was a good run and it's like a brand new GNex again! I have to say Shiny is very BB like and for those of us that just want stock but have been failed by Verizon it really is the best option for that experience. I'd jump back to BB in a heart beat I'm sure but until then, it was a great run Peter, thanks for all your hard work over the years and good luck! :)
  • 1 Likes
Nexus 4

SnerdlyBosco

SnerdlyBosco

• 11 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:18 AM #5693

I, too, am a long-time BuglessBeaster who made the switch to Shiny on my Verizon GNex and am loving it. I had enjoyed running Bugless on both my GNex and Nexus 7, but with no Grouper option, can't do the same with Shiny. Any recommendations for a Bugless/Shiny-like ROM for Nexus 7?
  • 0 Likes

aggrophobik

aggrophobik

• 91 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:01 AM #5694

I, too, am a long-time BuglessBeaster who made the switch to Shiny on my Verizon GNex and am loving it. I had enjoyed running Bugless on both my GNex and Nexus 7, but with no Grouper option, can't do the same with Shiny. Any recommendations for a Bugless/Shiny-like ROM for Nexus 7?

Mmuzzy has a "stock-like" experience, as well as JDX (formerly Jelly Belly). May want to check them out, see if one of them will suit you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
  • 1 Likes

RoscoeDpG

RoscoeDpG

Android Lover

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:40 PM #5695

was AMAZING run with BB but all good things come to end i guess, but RasbeanJelly is great and has dark themed UI and mostly stock and has great screen on time for usage
  • 0 Likes

fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn

Android Lover

• 197 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:27 AM #5696

I Actually run cyanogenmod on my Nexus 7.
10.1 doesn't have the hodgepodge of features the old versions did.It's running very well in fact.

I still can't stand it on the phone for some reason.
  • 0 Likes

Royal2000H

Royal2000H

• 10 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:01 AM #5697

I finally have a day tomorrow where I can flash my phone and get out of this no-update mess of BB.
As a change of pace, I want to try a non pure-stock experience. But I don't want to be on the bleeding edge and get instability/terrible battery/lag.
Any suggestions?

Is the answer pretty much CM?
  • 0 Likes

fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn

Android Lover

• 197 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:14 AM #5698

If you want stock: Shiny.The new update is working great for me battery life had has increased, do had responsiveness with the 4.2.2 system.

If you don't want stock: Shiny. There's quite a few mods in the 1st, 2nd post to modify the ROM.

Besides that cyanogenmod ready is good. AOKP is definitely on the bleeding edge.
  • 1 Likes

vastateofmind

vastateofmind

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:22 AM #5699

Can't say enough good things about Shiny ROM -- and the developer is committed to updating the ROM on a fairly frequent basis (once, twice a month, sometimes more) and is engaged with his forum posters, as his college workload allows. Highly, HIGHLY recommended -- using Shiny ROM, in conjunction with Tiny Kernel, I'm routinely getting 16-18 hour days of moderate and normal GNex usage (with screen time anywhere between 1.5 and 3 hours).

I respect Pete and the work he's done -- BB kept my OG Droid alive longer than any other ROM -- but the GNex is capable hardware, and deserves to run the latest version of Android. There's no reason for you to have a GNex and sit on the sidelines while Nexus 4 owners and a handful of other custom ROM'ers around you are rocking 4.2.2 -- go, now, and check out Shiny ROM, and get in on the buttery fun.

Edited by vastateofmind, 25 February 2013 - 06:23 AM.

• 4 Likes

Wicket

Wicket

Android Guru

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:54 AM #5700

yep! Shiny is the new BB. I held out for a while giving Pete the time he needed for real life because I get it and was hopeful he'd have something soon but sadly that didn't happen, I wish Pete the best of luck and would instantly jump back to one of his ROMs in the future. See ya on G+ Pete and best of luck in your adventures.
  • 4 Likes
Nexus 4