- - - - -

[THEME][EP4D][CWR] Black and Blue V1.9 (Updated 12-21-11) Now with Infinity TSM

• Please log in to reply

OP stranula

stranula

Average Android

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:16 AM #1

**UPDATE 12/16/11**
This is based on EP4D. There were some issues that may have stemmed from how the original files were deodexed, so I went back through and did my own deodexing from the actual OTA. Hopefully this should fix whatever issues there were. DWitherell put a lot of time and effort into some edits that have been incorporated into the theme, such as the reboot options, removing the label at the top of the power menu, enabling ASOP lockscreen. I hope everything is taken care of now.
**/UPDATE 12/16/11**

I know I've been stuck on making blue themes lately, but I've been trying to get one that I would really want to stick with. I'm pretty satisfied with this one. I used some of the images from ICS, a few from framework-res.

This is definitely the closest I've gotten to a complete retheming. It should be coherent throughout the system, so the text should be the same color scheme in addition to the images.

This theme is based off of stock EP4P release, meaning it will work with stock deodexed or Humble (I haven't actually tried it, but its stock, so it ought to work). I assume it would also work with EP1W Gummy RC1.5 and below, but not 2.0 or 2.1, and it probably won't work on Infinity. When we get some new ROMs out, I'll probably port it to work with them.

Themed:
Camera.apk
ClockPackage.apk
Contacts.apk
DialerTabActivity.apk
DownloadProvider.apk
framework-res.apk
Gallery3d.apk
JobManagaer.apk
MediaProvider.apk
Mms.apk
Phone.apk
Settings.apk
SystemUI.apk
TouchWizCalendar.apk
twframework-res.apk

Downloads:
dwitherell let me know today that he had worked out the smali edits necessary to put the extended boot options into the power menu (when you hold the power button). So thanks to him we now have recovery and download boot options just a click away. These will be included in all versions starting with v1.4
Black_and_Blue_v1.9.zip
Black_and_Blue_Batt2_v1.9.zip
*This is the same theme but with a round battery icon*
Black_and_Blue_Infinity1214_TSM.zip

V1.0 Was pretty close to a finished product, however, as I continued testing it I found a few more images that needed to be dealt with, then as I got more into it, I went through and tried to get all of the text to be the proper colors, so hopefully you shouldn't run into the yellow/brown text color in at least any of the major apps.

Instructions:
Make sure you have root and Clockwork Recovery installed
- Boot into recovery (Use either Reboot Button app or Hold Volume Up + Home + Power Buttons when phone is off, until the Samsung logo flashes then release all buttons)
- Select "mounts and storage"
- Mount /system/
- Go Back
- Select "install zip from sdcard"
- Select "choose zip from sdcard"
- Select "Black_and_Blue.zip"
- Select "Yes - Install Black_and_Blue.zip"
- Go Back
- Select Reboot System Now.
***The first boot may take a little longer than usual***

As usual, flash this theme at your own risk, myself, xda, nor anyone other than yourself is responsible for damages to your phone.

Screenshots:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

AOSP Lockscreen
Posted Image Posted Image

New Reboot Options
Posted Image

Credits:
Gunnermike as I used the info he gave me for my last theme to continue my work.
dwitherell made the smali edits to the stock EP4 files in order to get us the extended boot options. He used information from untermensch as well as information he was able to piece together from the infinity team.
substanced as I used his modded camera.apk which is included after v1.6

If you give the theme a shot and like it, leave me a thanks. Or Buy Me A Drink

Edited by stranula, 21 December 2011 - 08:09 PM.

• 6 Likes
Like my work? Buy me a Drink

Droidianslip

Droidianslip

Supporting Member

• 116 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:26 PM #2

Thanks it is very nice work, much better than the stock brownish colors
  • 0 Likes
Samsung Charge
Eclipse 1.2
PBJ 0115 Kernel OC 1300 uv

OP stranula

stranula

Average Android

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:39 PM #3

Thanks it is very nice work, much better than the stock brownish colors

Glad you like it, if you are running it, note that I just updated it to v1.1, so jump on that one. It ties things together a lot better. I had a couple of random images that were not quite right in the original version. Plus I made all of the text match, between the dialer, dropdown, settings, mms, clock app, and contacts, so no more yellow/orange text hopefully.

Edited by stranula, 13 November 2011 - 03:41 PM.

• 0 Likes

hoppermi

hoppermi

Supporting Member

• 455 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:16 PM #4

Thank you! Looks Great! Much appreciated
  • 0 Likes

hvc1911

hvc1911

Average Android

• 42 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:26 PM #5

Good work, sir.
  • 0 Likes

kain72

kain72

Android Beginner

• 14 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:11 PM #6

Installed with the circle battery, smooth, nicely done. Much better overall color scheme, props to you, this is what samsung should have done. Thanks
  • 0 Likes

wildtrky

wildtrky

Android Beginner

• 8 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:03 PM #7

I installed this on two phones over EP4 stock (non-deodexed) ROM's with CWM and imosyen's kernel. I have found no problems with the non-deodexed ROM, should this have caused problems?
  • 0 Likes

OP stranula

stranula

Average Android

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:40 PM #8

I installed this on two phones over EP4 stock (non-deodexed) ROM's with CWM and imosyen's kernel. I have found no problems with the non-deodexed ROM, should this have caused problems?

No, people have said before that it works with odexed setups. I always would've expected it to cause issues, but people say it doesn't. Maybe it just needs to be deodexed in order to make the themes, and not necessarily to use them.
  • 0 Likes

wildtrky

wildtrky

Android Beginner

• 8 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:13 PM #9

Thanks Stranula, I will post any problems that arise down the road (if any). Hopfully all will go fine.
  • 0 Likes

wyllic

wyllic

Supporting Member

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:03 PM #10

I tried flashing both versions over stock ep4 and the only thing that stuck was the battery, nothing else worked. Not sure what's up but I love the look of this theme
  • 0 Likes