- - - - -

[Solved] Droid X, Bootloop Of Cm4Dxgb, Cannot Install Zip From Non-Cwm-Recovery

• Please log in to reply

OP Barney Stinson

Barney Stinson

• 42 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:56 PM #1

cd4dx-gb 2011 10 19

had a functional install and screwed it up editing build.prop.

cannot boot into android, boot loop; maybe 2 seconds of cm7 bootanimation in a loop. need to adb push build.prop /system

Only bootloader and non-cwm-recovery are available. ARRG I don't want to SBF 602 and start that over.

I cannot flash the cm4dx-gb zip as it results in cryptic error

verifying the update package...
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

ubuntu natty

Edited by Barney Stinson, 07 November 2011 - 04:04 PM.

• 0 Likes
maintaining awesomeness: privacy protected by any means necessary

fakiesk8r333

fakiesk8r333

Android-Aholic

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:23 PM #2

try booting into stock recovery and wiping data, if that doesnt work youll prob have to sbf. it sucks i know but it happens lol
  • 0 Likes

insuusvenerati

insuusvenerati

The ROM Tester

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:37 PM #3

Can't just wipe data because the build.prop is in /system. Just for future reference on the DX there is a local.prop. It's in /data. You can safely edit the local.prop and prevent bootloops.

If you can get into cwm you are safe because you can mount /system and adb push. If you cannot then you must SBF and wipe data. On some rare occasions I have pulled the battery while bootlooping and it just randomly gets into CWM. I dunno what causes this so I couldn't tell you anything.

If you want the quick just SBF. Shit while you are at it go ahead and pull all your pics and shit from your SD card and format that bad boy. It sped up my system a whole lot. Just a suggestion . Let us know!
  • 0 Likes

OP Barney Stinson

Barney Stinson

• 42 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:44 PM #4

I had to SBF :( thanks for all the suggestions.

For future reference:

Is there an easy editing method for SBF file to not-flash certain things? No system only SBF for .602? Any linux only way to flash radio? the updated sbf executable help- and dev site notes seem to be beyond my grasp currently.

Can't just wipe data because the build.prop is in /system. Just for future reference on the DX there is a local.prop. It's in /data. You can safely edit the local.prop and prevent bootloops.

those local overrides build? Or do I move linues from build to local?

On some rare occasions I have pulled the battery while bootlooping and it just randomly gets into CWM. I dunno what causes this so I couldn't tell you anything.

I'll ask anyway... on a root'd froyo ota I have seen people boot into CWM *without* first booting into android. How can that be? How can one replace/flash the stock recovery with the CWM recovery? (home+power)

Edited by Barney Stinson, 11 November 2011 - 02:53 PM.

• 0 Likes

Jaxidian

Jaxidian

teh Jax

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:01 PM #5

If you can get into cwm you are safe because you can mount /system and adb push. If you cannot then you must SBF and wipe data. On some rare occasions I have pulled the battery while bootlooping and it just randomly gets into CWM. I dunno what causes this so I couldn't tell you anything.

If you want the quick just SBF. Shit while you are at it go ahead and pull all your pics and shit from your SD card and format that bad boy. It sped up my system a whole lot. Just a suggestion . Let us know!

Couldn't this have been fixed via ADB? I forget if ADB is available in the bootstrap or not on the DX (not had one since I got my TBolt).
  • 0 Likes

OP Barney Stinson

Barney Stinson

• 42 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:25 PM #6

thanks all. I came back to rename thread to solved
  • 0 Likes