Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Elite Series Kernels V3!

• Please log in to reply

OP CorCor67

CorCor67

imaginator

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:14 PM #1

These kernels were built with Project Elite in mind, but should work with any rom. It's based off of Peter Alfonso's kernel source with some additional tweaks and modifications to the source.

I plan to do my best to keep these kernels up to date with the needs of Project Elite, and provide a stable alternitive to the original PE kernels.

Features!

SmartMoD governor - This is a governor Erasmux created under the name smarta$$, I chose to rename it for my kernels. I have tweaked the settings of this governor and optimized it for maximum performance with great battery life. This is my prefered governor but interactive is set as default.

New Interactive governor - Pete added this one to the source, I tweaked it to require less of a load from the cpu to ramp up the clock speed. A great choice for default governor if you don't need to worry about battery life.

New and old compcache support - I include both ramzswap (old) and zram (new) in the zip. Zram is a thanks to Pete, ramzswap is a thanks to CVPCS.

BFS cpu scheduler [credit gfunkmonk for the hard work put into this]

NOOP Scheduler - I find this scheduler to be the fastest in my kernels so it is set as default.

Disclaimer: These kernels are provided as is, I will not be held responsible for what you choose to do with them. Use them at your own risk!

NEW Direct Download Links Thanks to Woodyman & DroidConcepts!

Links not working, trying to get this straightened out and will remove this message when I do.
Downloads

Credits:

Peter Alfonso-
Source is based on his gingerbread kernel source. He has a nice stable base for me to build on and saved me a lot of time.

Erasmux-
The author of the smarta** governor, has been renamed to smartmod in my kernels.

gfunkmonk-
grabbed bfs commit from his kernel mods

Slayher-
General help, answered many questions I had

invisiblek-
General help with questions

And of course the following for their development into the android kernel...
p3droid, bekit, chevyNo1, cvpcs, cm team, linux kernel developers, and google's android development team

Any credits I may have left out please notify me, it was not intentional and I will fix asap! Thanks!

My source is on github, I have updated it to v3 & should be fully functional though I haven't tested it yet.

Thanks everyone, Enjoy!

..::CorCor67::..

Edited by CorCor67, 17 September 2011 - 05:45 AM.

• 1 Likes

poontab

poontab

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:19 PM #2

Hands down one of the best D1 kernels around! Smartmod ftw... hey you got both compcache modules working? That's awesome! I'm gonna have to dig through your git now :)

Edited by poontab, 29 June 2011 - 12:24 PM.

• 0 Likes

JassyCliq

JassyCliq

Android Apprentice

• 33 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:25 PM #3

Can I have a link to ur git profile?

Sent from my MB200 using Tapatalk
  • 0 Likes

OP CorCor67

CorCor67

imaginator

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:25 PM #4

Thanks! Yup got both in there...you can remove the one you don't want but won't save ya much space because the modules aren't very big
  • 0 Likes

OP CorCor67

CorCor67

imaginator

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:31 PM #5

Can I have a link to ur git profile?

https://github.com/corcor67

As noted in op latest commit is messed up...going to try to get that fixed tonight, I can zip my source and link you if you're looking for functional source

NOTE: Updated source this morning (6/30)

Edited by CorCor67, 30 June 2011 - 05:57 AM.

• 0 Likes

JassyCliq

JassyCliq

Android Apprentice

• 33 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:00 PM #6

Its all good, just a noob at kernel making trying to learn new things =)

• 0 Likes

ironick7

ironick7

Android Beginner

• 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:32 PM #7

I get a wifi error after flashing lv 1000.
Edit: same error on sv 1000

Edited by ironick7, 29 June 2011 - 03:44 PM.

• 0 Likes

OP CorCor67

CorCor67

imaginator

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:36 PM #8

Weird, usually wifi either works or bootloops...what kind of error you get? Did you try flashing it again to see if that helped?
  • 0 Likes

jzd5032

jzd5032

Average Android

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:37 PM #9

Wifi error as well. I have two droids, it does it on both!
  • 0 Likes

OP CorCor67

CorCor67

imaginator

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:42 PM #10

Ok I see the problem here...my build script packages all of my zips for me, seems I made a mistake when updating it...my modules are missing...never fails...will get a fix up asap! Sorry guys
  • 0 Likes