How To Add Reboot Option To Power Menu?

reboot power menu recovery
  • Please log in to reply

OP nhlflash

nhlflash

Android Beginner

• 7 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:16 PM #1

Does anyone know how to add a reboot and recovery option to the power menu for deodexed 4.5.605. I found a tutorial for the samsung vibrant and one of the htc phones, but none for the droid x. I recently saw that kejar had added those options to his Liberty 3 rom so i know it possible. I dont mind if its alot of work because I have alot of patience for this kinda stuff. Thanks alot.
  • 0 Likes

UnfedBear67

UnfedBear67

Average Android

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:15 AM #2

I think your best bet is just to use a rom with all of that already built into the power menu. Im no developer but i assume that its a lot more then changing a few lines of code. Liberty 3 has the reboot in the power menu as you said and it still retains all the blur functions, and you can also choose which blur/aosp apps you want in the liberty customizer.
  • 0 Likes
Sent from iPhone 5

deercreek

deercreek

Android Apprentice

• 132 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:28 AM #3

Vortex is another good rom that has this.
  • 0 Likes

OP nhlflash

nhlflash

Android Beginner

• 7 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:01 AM #4

yea i understand that i can just use one of the two roms mentioned which, dont get me wrong, are amazing roms, but im trying to make my own and understand each part of the system and framework. This is the tutorial that i was following until it became too different at the GlobalActions.smali.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1169443
  • 0 Likes

KMDonlon

KMDonlon

• 21 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:26 AM #5

I would also appreciate if someone could take the time to post a tutorial on how to do this specific to 4.5.605....I have researched it to death and do not want to use a pre-built ROM since I have modified my "sock" ROM to death....just want to do it myself :-)

I just recently followed a tutorial on modifying the services.jar to have the CRT animation ON along with off, worked wonderfully. I also have 1% battery set up along with de-throttle. See my point, this is the last mod I need help with that I would like to do.

Anyone?
  • 0 Likes

rudyy

rudyy

Supporting Member

• 88 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:01 PM #6

if i understand you correctly; root tools has a couple reboot options, as does widgetzoid. you could check out those and contact their devs.
  • 0 Likes

KMDonlon

KMDonlon

• 21 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:39 PM #7

I actually want to know how to add the option directly to my power menu via framework-res mods, not an additional app.
  • 0 Likes

fakiesk8r333

fakiesk8r333

Android-Aholic

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:55 PM #8

Yea I looked into thus a while back but had no luck. Maybe try contracting a ROM dev to see if they can help you out
  • 0 Likes

rudyy

rudyy

Supporting Member

• 88 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:57 AM #9

you could ask @deVorteX for help.
here's a screen shot of his ROM's power button options.

Attached Thumbnails

• ForumRunner_20111124_005530.png

Edited by rudyy, 02 December 2011 - 02:04 PM.

• 0 Likes

KMDonlon

KMDonlon

• 21 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:48 PM #10

Yup, good idea since I can't find any DX specific info anywhere.....
  • 0 Likes