- Use these files at your own risk. I take no responsibility should anything break, implode, explode, etc.
- Please know how to use RSD Lite and SBF back to 2.4.29 or 2.4.330 should things go awry.
This is mainly for the users of TBH Band unlock. Since the band unlock works on the 2.4.29(as per TBH) and 2.4.330(as per eddyzenl http://rootzwiki.com...d-on-330-to-gb/) radio, these files are intended for those who wish to keep the older radio for the band unlock but want to experience Gingerbread.
The kernel zip will flash a new logo, kernel, and devtree on the phone. The kernel zip should only need to be flashed once and if you are on Froyo.
The nandroid has the backup of the 608 Gingerbread rom (pre-rooted).
- aceoyame - original D2G Gingerbread leak
- ngocha2005 - 608 D2G Gingerbread leak
- CyanogenDefy - releasing CM7 on the Defy from which I borrowed this method of writing another kernel on the phone (I'm sure others have done it before)
- Download both files below. One will be a zip to flash from bootstrapper and the other is a nandroid backup (you must open the zip for the nandroid)
- Flash D2G-608-Kernel.zip (This should only need to be done once to get to GB)
- Restore nandroid backup or flash a GB rom. Nandroid should be labeled as 2011-10-188.8.131.52
- Wipe data/cache and Dalvik
- Reboot and enjoy!
http://www.mediafire...4avk8lnvmpwqvb4 Kernel (66002633a30330cc42c1a2475255ab20)
http://www.mediafire...09r29u51zz3nlc9 Nandroid (cf7bf89d31e9dff69589fd3bea23bc4f)
Tested GB Roms:
Apex 2.0.0 RC4
Edit: new link for kernel file. waiting for equipment to recover nandroid.
Edited by axl, 28 February 2012 - 04:52 PM.