1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

2 votes

[Windows & Linux]{Tool}[Update 11/15/11] - Androbox, Quick + Easy Adb And Debug Tools With Gui

• Please log in to reply

OP childofthehorn

childofthehorn

ResiDEV 3V0

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:33 PM #1

AndroBox

Quick and Easy to use ADB and Debug tools for professionals and beginners
Posted ImagePosted Image

ADB and similar command line tools for Android have been a pain for new users to learn and extra work for the Developer while working.
Personally, I got sick of typing and having to remember things so I made this tool. It is also nice because it is mucho faster than I could do it!
I will be cleaning things up and making it look nicer (more even...?) as well as releasing the source code soon. Be patient!

DOWNLOAD - WINDOWS:
http://dl.dropbox.co...Box-Win_0.4.zip

DOWNLOAD - LINUX:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58849669/AndroBox.linux.zip

UPDATES:

11/15/11 UPDATES
- Linux Version Added - runs on ALL Linux standard distros
- Linux version requires device to be hooked up and present or it will not go past the first screen
- Linux version shows real time activity in the Bash terminal!
- Linux version requires you to go through the true google agreement (keeps code distro kosher)

10/27/11
- FIXED Bug-report
- DDMS Runs natively (if you do not care about DDMS, download the old version here: http://www.multiupload.com/OQSF5U7QNH)
- No longer requires a device to be plugged in to start up. check test.txt.

EVERYTHING RUNS FROM WITHIN THE APPLICATION FOLDER.
This was done simply because I like to be able to carry my tools on a small flash drive and not install anything.
There is no need to install the whole SDK to get access to a few key tools.

ALL OF THE PROGRAM FUNCTION OUTPUTS ARE TXT FILES THAT SAVE TO THE APP FOLDER
This just keeps things nice and tidy. You have everything right there to look over when you want to.

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!
This will tell you how to use each function.

LEARN ADB
Allows new users to find out just how much fun (and Linux) is in there. Yay shell!

*** DONATIONS ARE NOT GOING TO MY POCKET, THEY WILL BE DISTRIBUTED TO THE EFF AND CYANOGEN WEBSITES FOR THEIR HARD WORK! ***

*I am not resposible if you mess up your device using this tool, please don't be stupid.*

QUESTIONS? Shoot me a PM or Email that is enclosed in the instructions

Edited by childofthehorn, 27 January 2012 - 06:39 PM.

• 13 Likes
Posted ImagePosted Image

OP childofthehorn

childofthehorn

ResiDEV 3V0

Posted 15 November 2011 - 06:14 PM #2

Updated - now with LINUX!

LINUX version also has additional features at this moment that the Windows version does not.
  • 2 Likes
Posted ImagePosted Image

foxdog

foxdog

Android Lover

• 239 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:06 PM #3

Nice! I was just thinking about something like this the other day :) but I don't think I have the skills to pull it off. Going to check it out soon on my fedora machine.
  • 0 Likes

linuzo

linuzo

Android Beginner

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:19 PM #4

Nice.. Looks good :)

Downloading now to test on Ubuntu. .

Edited by linuzo, 15 November 2011 - 11:19 PM.

• 0 Likes

wwyvern

wwyvern

Android Beginner

• 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:29 PM #5

Thank you for this wonderful handy tool! I'm testing on Ubuntu (latest) and it works well..no issues I can see yet.
Thank you for your work! It is much appreciated :)
  • 0 Likes

OP childofthehorn

childofthehorn

ResiDEV 3V0

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:57 AM #6

Yeah, its freaking hard to make a distro that works on all the major Linux versions.
The source code is in the zip files that you guys DL - you just need to know where to look. I did this so that Google can see how it runs and notice that it basically does use their tools without real modifications in the same way that a user would.

Basically, its a simple Java application that uses the Java Runtime lib to handle the commands. The way it works to pull the info in the Linux version is different from the Windows version. The windows version is more simple since it just sends things to the command line and the command line does my bidding. The Linux version actually captures the IO stream and puts it into a buffer that gets saved once everything has been run. There are not good examples out there of handling the runtime to do bash-like things in Linux and not all terminals would act the same based on what was sent to them so that ubuntu and fedora would act differently. Some required certain permissions and a bunch of other stuff, so I had to come up with my own way of doing it because the value isn't just in me using it - its in other people enjoying it!

I also used the processing core and compiled it in Eclipse and Processing so you can choose which source code you want to work with. Basically, I just wanted to use some of the built in functions of Processing to keep the code simple and readable because as some of the developers know, Java.*******.*******.******().**** can get really annoying. You will find that most things are commented and explained in the code. If you have questions, just PM me. Seriously, this is very readable Java code and a nice intro to java logic. In all honesty, the Linux code is cleaner just because I spent more time on it. I'll be fixing up the windows code to make it neat too this weekend or later tonight.

This weekend I'll be making a universal custom splash screen program where the user can specify the screen size and use any picture to get a splash that they want with a clean interface. The spots where the splash screen resides is not always the same, but they always have similar names and properties. Qualcom based devices will be tested first and then Nvidia. All 9 of my Android's available are one or the other 9single or dual core).
  • 0 Likes
Posted ImagePosted Image

OP childofthehorn

childofthehorn

ResiDEV 3V0

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:42 PM #7

Added Dropbox Links because of the mess with most other filehosting services ATM.
  • 0 Likes
Posted ImagePosted Image