1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

HP Touchpad will not turn on and does not respond to hard reset. Please advise ????

• Please log in to reply

OP jusdef

jusdef

Android Beginner

• 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:29 PM #1

I purchased the 32 GB HP TouchPad for $150 during the HP Fire Sale and may have used the tablet 5-8 times. I was basically waiting for a stable Android Root to be available. I turned the HPTP on with 20% battery life & decided to charge the tablet fully. Approximately 3 hours later the tablet would not turn on. The home screen button would blink a few times but it would not turn on...tried the hard reset a few times and it still did not boot.
I have tried the hard reset while the HPTP was plugged, unplugged & connected via usb and no luck at all. It appears to be DEAD !!!
Later I connected it to my laptop via usb & my launch program indicates " Device connected, QHSUSB_DLOAD " however the HPTP does not show up in my computer as a device.
Next step was to connect to laptop via usb and launch "HP PLAY". HP PLAY displays a pop up message that says "no storage available: HP Play has detected "Generic USB2.0-CRW", but no storage is available at the moment. To enable access, select "Mass storage mode", "USB Drive" or similar option on your device."
Unfortunately my tablet will not turn on therefore i can not enable the "Mass storage mode". My tablet hard drive appears to be DEAD. Has anyone had similar issues or have a resolution ? Is this the reason why HP pushed these tablets out with no support ?!?!?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
  • 0 Likes

3Dawg

3Dawg

Android Apprentice

• 49 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:38 PM #2

So by hard reset, you mean holding menu + power for about 30 seconds?

If you havent tried that, do it. Hold menu + power button for a long time. Then we you think you've held it long enough, hold it down some more. After around 45 seconds if nothing has happened, I have no idea and I'm sorry for wasting your time :P
  • 1 Likes

exponent

exponent

Android Beginner

• 16 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:42 PM #3

When you say "hard reset," do you mean that you held the power button for a few seconds then held both the power and center button for about 30 seconds? You have to hold both the buttons for a while in order for the TP to boot.
  • 1 Likes

fgdn17

fgdn17

Average Android

• 90 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:46 PM #4

you were charging the tablet with the USB cable that comes with the Touchpad and not a generic USB cable correct???

It seems in the pre-central forums generic USB cables have caused issues....
  • 1 Likes

ingenue007

ingenue007

Android Apprentice

• 12 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:37 PM #5

keep trying. mine had an issue like that once. took me like 5 times for it to respond. no probs since.
  • 1 Likes

imaximax1

imaximax1

Android Apprentice

• 45 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:06 PM #6

just making sure; you pluged it in to the wall(NOT USB) with a working charger?? (at least 1A, for a few hours)
  • 1 Likes

OP jusdef

jusdef

Android Beginner

• 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:05 PM #7

Thanks everyone...I've previously tried the power & home hold resets. I will give HP a call on Monday. I purchased my tablet 08/21. I hope thats not too late to have it repaired/refurbished or replaced.
  • 0 Likes

Colchiro

Colchiro

Android Lover

• 880 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:07 AM #8

Sounds like a charger problem and you only have a dead battery. Make sure the plug end of your charger is locked in place and you're using the stock cable.
  • 1 Likes

OP jusdef

jusdef

Android Beginner

• 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:22 AM #9

Sounds like a charger problem and you only have a dead battery. Make sure the plug end of your charger is locked in place and you're using the stock cable.

Thanks Colchiro...would you suggest I go to the HP Store and purchase a new stock charger/usb cable ?
  • 0 Likes

redundant409

redundant409

Android Apprentice

• 59 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:36 AM #10

Thanks Colchiro...would you suggest I go to the HP Store and purchase a new stock charger/usb cable ?

wouldnt hurt...
  • 1 Likes