REMOVED SD CARD, sd card removed, insert a new one (HELP!!!!)
Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:21 PM #11
- 0 Likes
Posted 25 December 2011 - 07:15 AM #12
Same problem here... Is there a way to extend "internal" space so I can install more apps? It seems pointless to have 27GB of free space and not being able to use it.
If you're technically savvy and willing to brave a list of terminal commands, search for the thread "Android Question 4 Devs", which outlines the process of using novacom commands to delete and recreate all the device partitions to new sizes. It's time consuming and a little scary, but I bumped my internal partition for CM7 up to 8GB, which solves the "app limit on the SD card" issue.
- 0 Likes
Posted 25 December 2011 - 10:31 AM #13
I was using alpha1 before and then upgrade to alpha2.
1. I installed everything on internal storage and I found it's not enough. So I tried to transfer some apps to SD card. But after several apps, I got a notification "Removed SD card", SD card removed, Insert a new one. No matter how I reboot the tablet, I can't use the apps which installed in SD card. But I can brower sd card content through FILE MANAGER. I can brower /mnt/sdcard
2. Sometime when the ADWLauncher is dead unexpectedly and restart the ADWLauncher , I can see apps which are transfered into sd card. However, most of the time, i can't see the apps which were transfered into sd card.
3. Then I factory reset everything
4. Everything is fine, however, I also tried to install apps into external storage (not transfer from phone to SD card). Then I met the some problem again. When I lauch the adwlauncher, I can see the apps (in SD card) for a few second, then they disappered. And I got the same notification SD CARD REMOVED.
5. I tried to boot into recovery mode and mount/umount sdcard, it doesn't work.
6. When I connect to PC, I can hear the connection sound from PC, however, I can't see any connection storage in PC. And there is no notification on my tablet.
7. I can boot into WEBOS, everything is fine.
PLEASE help me figure it out, what wrong in there?
Can I earse SD card?
The problem is that these Alpha versions limit the SD Card App installations to 50. So if you install more than 50 applications to your SD (either directly or you move the Apps to SD via Titanium or something) your SD card automatically gets unmounted. The best way (that I found) to fix this situation is to connect your tablet to the computer; look for the folder ".android_secure". From this folder just delete one or two files to make the total number of files below 50 (deleting these files means you're removing the corresponding Apps from your tablet). When you have the total number of files below 50; just eject the tablet from the computer (reboot; if necessary) & you should be fine. Now use Titanium Backup or something to move some Apps back to internal memory from the SD to ensure that this doesn't happen again. I usually keep about 40-45 Apps on SD & the rest on the Internal memory. Also, check if you've set the default installation entry to "SD" instead of "Internal". Backup only the large applications to SD; keep the rest on Internal memory. No need to do a factory reset, a wipe, SD card format or any of that.
Hope this helps.
Edited by Invincible10001, 25 December 2011 - 10:31 AM.
- 0 Likes
Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:49 AM #15
To fix this issue for cm9 goto settings-->apps-->downloaded, then look for the apps that have been moved to sd card, they have the same icons. Click the app, then remove it or move back to tablet. Remove a couple, then restart. It should work then.
- 0 Likes