Android OS Forum banner

[ROM][FLASHABLE] 2.11.605.5 Debloat Rooted

16K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  DeTard 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Once more, using jdkoreclipse's 2.10.605.1 rooted RUU as a debloating template for what I have here. Devs, do whatever you'd like with this. For those looking for a bloated ROM, go check out HeyItsLou's thread here.

Also, yes this is a ROM that you flash from Recovery, NOT from Hboot. If you try to flash this from Hboot, I will be awaiting you with a tackhammer. I will not be gentle.

There will be no support of this ROM, it is an "as-is" ROM. If something is broken, chances are the RUU has the same broken problem.

So to jdkoreclipse's credit, I have included the following tweaks:
jdkoreclipse said:
Features:
Rooted
Removed ALL apps generally considered bloat
Deodexed
Zipaligned
Bash
Nano
sysro/sysrw
All market apps moved to data/app
HTC skins moved to data/app
Wifi scan interval increased to 2 minutes
Vm heap upped to 48m
Also updated hosts via the Mr.X kitchen plugin.
Added Superuser 3.0.6 and su bin 3.0.3.
Changed GPS timeserver to the US-only for faster GPS satellite locking.

Flash this through Recovery after a full wipe like any other ROM.

Update: Reuploaded after having updated the Superuser app and su bin. This should fix the problem that I'm sure you've all experienced with Superuser FC'ing when you added a second app to the allow list. If you already have the previous download of mine, you don't need to redownload this if you don't want. Just update Superuser in the market or flash it from http://www.androidsu.com/ (make sure you get the one for "efgh").

Debloated download:
http://www.multiupload.com/DCV4FB65RR
MD5: 6A908C1AB81B9FC5EBDFAB8E188FC152

See less See more
#3 ·
Btw, if anyone is having Superuser FC problems, follow these steps:

1 - Cleardata first in Settings/ Applications/ Manage applications.
2 - Then Settings app to autoresponse (set to Allow)
2.1 - Disable logging
2.2 - Disable notifications

Credit goes to philos64 on XDA for the fix. While I don't like setting it to autoresponse to Allow, it does work for now. Maybe when there's a newer version available, this will be fixed.

#6 ·
DeTard said:
Tbh, I put this together for myself more to have a very simple ROM to boot into from BootManager for fixing GPS if that breaks in any AOSP I might be running.
haha. Yeah. I realize there isn't much to this ROM, but I like to use the debloated ROMs and deviate from there. But CM has been running so smooth for me that every time I flash a Sense ROM, I'm back to CM within a day.

#22 ·
This isn't mentioned in the OP that I can see, but an ad-block hosts file seems to be a part of this ROM too.
Also...is QuickOffice and the VZW tethering app considered bloat?? I've reinstalled them from the full stock, but maybe in the future it might be useful to include them.
That said, thanks for doing this! I like stock without the bloat, saves me some trouble having it already debloated and ready to go.

#24 ·
How did you get the VZW mobile hotspot working on this rom? I took the wifirouter.apk from the full stock rom and put it into the /system/apps folder and rebooted but it doesn't work..(I also tried to install it using root explorer and it fails installation)?

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks, Nexttonomy

#23 ·
Also updated hosts via the Mr.X kitchen plugin.
And yeah, I just kind of followed the same mentality as jdkoreclipse on removing things. Basically anything VZW was removed, as well as pretty much everything 3rd party. I did keep VVM this time around, even though I just use GV myself. In the future, I may decide to keep QuickOffice, but undecided currently.

#26 ·
Actually, I did mention that I updated the hosts file here:

And yeah, I just kind of followed the same mentality as jdkoreclipse on removing things. Basically anything VZW was removed, as well as pretty much everything 3rd party. I did keep VVM this time around, even though I just use GV myself. In the future, I may decide to keep QuickOffice, but undecided currently.
I guess I was looking for something mentioning ad blocking, my bad.

I couldn't get to some search results on google with that hosts file in place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.