Rate this Topic

- - - - -

DARN!!! Nandroid backup broken?

• Please log in to reply

OP thatguy188

thatguy188

Wannabe GFX Guy

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:28 PM #1

Well here I am wanted to try the 1 click Fastboot Restore on Linux. Did a nandroid backup, success, wiped everything, restarted, and of course, nothing booted. Did the Fastboot restore, and bingo! I was up and running again.

Got back into CWM Recovery to Restore my nandroid backup and this is what I get after selecting my backup :erm (1):

CWM-based Recovery v4.0.1.5
Checking MD5 sums...
system.img not found. Skipping restore of /system.
data.img not found. Skipping restore of /data.
.android_secure.img not found. Skipping restore of /sdcard/.android_secure.
cache.img not found. Skipping restore of /cashe.

Restore complete!

Ok now I've done plenty of nandroid restores and the .android_secure.img is normal, but wtf? Where did my system, data, and cache go?

Never had this before. Of course when I reboot I get back into stock what flashed with the 1 click fastboot, but what happened to my nandroid backup?!?! *sigh*

Any clues? I guess ill start from scratch again o_O
  • 0 Likes

OP thatguy188

thatguy188

Wannabe GFX Guy

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:40 PM #2

Phew! Fixed and my nandroid backup is restoring right now.

I guess the Bootstrap installed v4.0.1.5 (which I probably would of never noticed if I wouldn't of wrote my error up there) and thought to myself "Hold on a minute, wasn't is x.x.2.5?"

What I did is load up Rom Manager and Downloaded the latest ClockWorkMod which updated it to 5.0.2.5 ... the version I used to make the backup and it's now working flawlessly =]

Sorry for the bandwidth waste. Maybe it'll help somebody sometime though if the Search function would only ever be used ;)
  • 0 Likes