Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:54 PM #1

Mod Type:: Boot Animation

Difficulty:: Easy

Mod Status:: Stable

Apply In:: Other (See Description)

Requires Root:: Yes

Source::
Hey everyone!

Shortly after the ICS event earlier this evening, @Shaydlife posted a link to a Galaxy Nexus video on twitter, requesting a boot animation. That video has since been removed from Youtube, but not before I was able to download it and make this animation from it. So here you go, there are portrait and landscape versions, in 480 and 540 widths, should work for many different devices.

Update: The original video is available again at http://www.youtube.com/android

The download is a normal .zip, containing both the portrait and landscape for the size indicated. This is not an update.zip installer. Unzip the two files and copy the one you want to the correct location (usually /data/local or /system/media), then rename to bootanimation.zip (just remove the _port or _land)

Update (10/27/2011): Added sound to all versions. You need to re-download and re-install the animation, and download the additional sound file and move to proper location. The location is usually /system/media or /system/media/audio/notifications. Some devices/ROMs have a different location, search the forums for your ROM and you should be able to find out.

Update (10/21/2011): Added tablet versions from JaeKar99. Added shortened versions (4 sec shorter) for devices that boot too fast to finish the animation. Added MTZ version for MIUI themes (480 only)

Update (10/20/2011): Looping ending added. Previews not updated. Hi-res tablet version and shortened version coming tomorrow.

Disclaimers: I claim no credit for the video and images used, and I am not responsible for anything you do to your device.

Previews:

Landscape:
Posted Image

Portrait:
Posted Image

Full-length versions:

Download - 540
Posted Image

Download - 480
Posted Image

Download - 480 - MTZ Format
Posted Image

Shortened Versions:

Download - 540
Posted Image

Download - 480

Posted Image

Sound File
Posted Image

Tablet versions, courtesy of JaeKar99:

Here is the HD version boot for the HP Touchpad - > http://www.mediafire...fbdyyz0h94dd3yw

Here is the LD version boot for the HP Touchpad - > http://www.mediafire...j8xn3g0sb3tx5ub

Here is the LD (only) version for the Iconia A500 - > http://www.mediafire...w1b3lwdispsfe0a
(note HD versions will not run on the Iconia Tab)

Here is the HD version for the Xoom - > http://www.mediafire...359j8ho0ljb391v

Edited by Dr. Carpenter, 16 February 2012 - 08:00 AM.

• 12 Likes
Custom Boot Logos for DX/D2/D2G/R2D2: [LIBRARY] [HOW-TO]

Custom Android Boot Animations: [HOW-TO]

Member of Sturdy Click Syndicate

Growler48

Growler48

Android Beginner

• 90 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:29 AM #2

This animation is great, but it's too short for my droid x boot up. Can it be modified so that it will run a continous cycle until boot up is complete?
  • 0 Likes

OnMy2ndGP

OnMy2ndGP

Average Android

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:32 AM #3

This animation is great, but it's too short for my droid x boot up. Can it be modified so that it will run a continous cycle until boot up is complete?

I fully agree with that entire post. It does look fabulous though!
  • 0 Likes
DX on, oh wait, I change too often to keep changing my sig!

OP Dr. Carpenter

Dr. Carpenter

Boot Themer

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:33 AM #4

Yeah, I'm going to come up with a better looping ending for it, just didn't get to it last night. Maybe tonight. Ironically, it doesn't even finish on my dx running liquid :-)
  • 1 Likes

Growler48

Growler48

Android Beginner

• 90 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:35 AM #5

Awesome!
  • 0 Likes

OnMy2ndGP

OnMy2ndGP

Average Android

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:54 AM #6

Yeah, I'm going to come up with a better looping ending for it, just didn't get to it last night. Maybe tonight. Ironically, it doesn't even finish on my dx running liquid :-)

Yeah, those 2nd-init ROMs boot up unbelievably fast. I had too many fc's on android process to stick with Liquid.

But to keep on topic, that'll be great when you add a better looping end for us slow boot ROM runners. LOL!
  • 0 Likes

Jnehama

Jnehama

Supporting Member

• 183 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:34 AM #7

It looks great. On Miui its just the right length. Thank you for the effort.
  • 0 Likes

OP Dr. Carpenter

Dr. Carpenter

Boot Themer

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:17 AM #8

Yeah, those 2nd-init ROMs boot up unbelievably fast. I had too many fc's on android process to stick with Liquid.

But to keep on topic, that'll be great when you add a better looping end for us slow boot ROM runners. LOL!

I haven't had very many fc's, but probably gonna switch again anyway. Can't put up with the battery life much longer :-\
  • 0 Likes

OnMy2ndGP

OnMy2ndGP

Average Android

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:19 AM #9

I haven't had very many fc's, but probably gonna switch again anyway. Can't put up with the battery life much longer :-\

Thanks again for the boot ani. I've rebooted at least 5x just to show a few folks how cool it is. Landscape is a beast on my DX!!
  • 0 Likes

JaeKar99

JaeKar99

Boot Builder

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:34 AM #10

Hey.. I know of some crazy Brits who would love this. Would it be cool if I ported this for the tablet bunch? All cred to you of course.
  • 0 Likes
If you feel generous you can buy me a cup o' coffee...
Posted Image