1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

1 votes

[Solved] Droid Bionic AP Fastboot Flash Mode (s) (Boot Failure)

• Please log in to reply

OP generalkenobi_2

generalkenobi_2

Android Beginner

• 4 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:08 AM #1

Ok so here's the rundown. I was trying my hand at making the elder scrolls:daedric runes font work for my phone. Got it pretty close, was using fresh type to change some of the preinstalled system fonts. (if you have any idea how i can install a custom font package that would be wonderful as well). but anyway, it asks me to reboot then bam, won't start up.

after reboot after reboot, i decide to say screw it, i pop it into recovery mode and factory reset it. I figure oh well, not much gets lost. turn it back on, still no luck. I give it another go, no luck that time either, i remove both the sim and the SD card and go again, still no money.

At this point i download the full fxz, and RSD lite 5.5 and i boot up into AP fastboot mode and procede to start flashing. Goes well till it hits about step 13 or 14 when then it says fail. I try to restart the phone thinking no big, it probably doesn't need webtop just to boot, now it says
Invalid CG OTV (CG: system): Invalid SP Data
Invalid CG OTV (CG: webtop): Invalid SP Data
Invalid CG Version (CG: webtop)
Invalid CG OTV (CG: webtop)

To make matters worse, regardless of what i try to flash ( at this point i'm not even sure if it's flashing) nothing seems to bring it past the AP Fastboot start screen. I've tried the minimal version, the full version with rsd lite. I've tried the standalone fastboot transfer method by moving each image file individually with the ADB daemon. What's infuriating is that each flash says success except for the full FXZ... yet it still never boots past the AP fastboot screen. I might be missing something, i was browsing the forum looking for answers nothing is coming up.

Ran across a few posts about a locked bootloader. Would that have any affect on this? Another few bits of useful info, my battery is full, i have an external charger, i'm running this on a laptop, i have access to a desktop but it's my room mate's and is in his room so i want to disturb him as little as possible, so unless it makes a profound difference i'd like to use my laptop. Any info would be great guys.

Looking forward to some help. I'm about exhausted.
  • 0 Likes

razorloves

razorloves

Android Nut

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:43 AM #2

maybe your fxz file is corrupt. have you checked the md5 on it? or have you redownloaded it?

Edited by razorloves, 16 October 2011 - 12:49 PM.

• 0 Likes

OP generalkenobi_2

generalkenobi_2

Android Beginner

• 4 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:41 AM #3

maybe your fxz file is corrupt. have you checked the md5 on it? or have you redownloaded it?

I've downloaded it twice, and the md5 is correct. Ever heard of this before?
  • 0 Likes

razorloves

razorloves

Android Nut

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:52 PM #4

pull battery for a minute and reboot computer. boot into fastboot mode and try again.
  • 0 Likes

OP generalkenobi_2

generalkenobi_2

Android Beginner

• 4 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:19 PM #5

keeps failing, but its never made it past grfs.img. is there a way to flash each one individually instead of restarting the whole flash each tiem
  • 0 Likes

OP generalkenobi_2

generalkenobi_2

Android Beginner

• 4 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:37 PM #6

Solved it. For future reference, if the problem isn't solved with one click root you'll need to use the full version of the fxz. In addition, using the back of a desktop vs a Laptop makes ALL the difference! USE A DESKTOP.
  • 1 Likes

razorloves

razorloves

Android Nut

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:10 PM #7

Solved it. For future reference, if the problem isn't solved with one click root you'll need to use the full version of the fxz. In addition, using the back of a desktop vs a Laptop makes ALL the difference! USE A DESKTOP.

cool. glad you figured it out. thanks for sharing the solution.
  • 0 Likes

b16

b16

Developer Relations

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:16 PM #8

USB issues?
  • 0 Likes

Remember - Remain respectful to others as you would wish to be treated.
Please read the RULES before posting.

Want to sign up to be a developer? Check the requirements.

hurleyint

hurleyint

Android Lover

• 209 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:18 AM #9

I tried full fxz using all usb ports on my pc. any other ideas?

I was trying to factory reset using one click and got this msg. I have used this method several time prior and it worked with no issues. But this time it didn’t. Now I am stuck in fastboot mode.

* Please make sure you do the following:
* (a) If you see the prompt: "waiting for device" you need to download the
* Motorola Mobile Drivers V5.2.1
* For 32-bit drivers go here:
* http://bandbinnovati.....2.1_32bit.zip
* For 64-bit drivers go here:
* http://bandbinnovati.....2.1_64bit.zip
* (B) Hold down the Volume down button and push power to enter AP Fastboot mode
* © Plug in your phone by USB
Press any key to continue . . .
* Flashing boot.img
sending 'boot' (8192 KB)... OKAY
writing 'boot'... OKAY
* Flashing system.img
sending 'system' (491264 KB)... OKAY
writing 'system'... INFOPreflash validation failure
FAILED (remote: )
* Wiping data
erasing 'userdata'... OKAY
erasing 'cache'... OKAY
* Rebooting your phone now, factory restore complete
rebooting...
* Do you want to root your phone now?
* If so press y after your phone has rebooted and you have turned on
* USB debugging under Settings/Applications/Development or press n to exit
'CHOICE' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
* Exiting without rooting your phone
* All done! Your phone should no be rooted!
* Press enter to exit...
Press any key to continue . . .

A few people said to use rsdlite. Which I did and that’s when I got the msg below. When the program finishes is says “complete” on the PC bar states what is below on the phone.

AP fast boot flash mode (S)(boot failure)
OA.53

Batter ok
Ok to program
Transfer mode
USB connected

Invalid CG OTV (CG:CDROM) Invalid SP Data
Invalid CG OTV (CG:System) Invalid SP Date
Invalid HAB (CG:System Status:0X0035
Invalid OTV (CG:System)

Is my phone cooked?

I was also wondering due to the follow lines (Below) from the One-click Fastboot Restore does that mean I can take it back to Verizon telling them that it somehow got into the the fastboot flash mode and is now stuck there and they wouldn’t even know that it was rooted and flashed with every Th3ory team rom up to 1.7? Lol… Or am I just dead in the water and have to file an insurance claim to get another Bionic?

* Wiping data
erasing 'userdata'... OKAY
erasing 'cache'... OKAY
  • 0 Likes

TBush713

TBush713

• 13 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:33 PM #10

So, I have a similar message in AP Fastboot

AP FastBoot Flah Mode (S) (Boot Failure)
0A.61

Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB Connected

Invalid CG OTV (CG: webtop): Invalid SP Data
Invalid CG HAB (CG: webtop, status: 0x004E)
Invalid CG OTV (CG: webtop)

What I did was, i think, wiped data, cache, and dalvik and flashed a Th3orypak on accident before the base rom. But I did all this through the Droid 3's safestrap (i read a forum on xda where people were saying it worked and you could get to it with a powerdown and volume up and down + power button, BP Tools) I have tried RSD lite 5.5 and it fails right away. I have also tried DH's R3cov3r and it gets all the way to the end and powers back up and then i have the same AP Fastboot Flash (Boot Failure). :'( I have tried all the diferent things said in this thread...out of ideas and my wife is breathing fire down my back...not good
  • 0 Likes