Android OS Forum banner

[ROM] CM7.2 Nightlies for the Droid Incredible

184K views 1K replies 92 participants last post by  PonsAsinorem 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
CM7.2 Nightlies

Code:
** These CyanogenMod builds are highly experimental and unsupported (officially).<br />
**<br />
** Please refrain from submitting bug reports for any issues<br />
** you may encounter while running one of these builds.<br />
**<br />
** Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading<br />
** cause of male impotence.

Now that the faint of heart are scared away, let me go on to say that the nightlies for the Droid Incredible are extremely stable for me and a lot of other users, and whenever asked which version to use, I generally respond with the latest nightly. But this may not be the case for you. If you have a problem, keep the above in mind, post your problem in this thread (after reading the FAQ, post #3), and the nightly regulars and I will try to help you.

All credit goes to Cyanogen and the rest of the CM team, and especially our Droid Incredible maintainers, as listed by the CyanogenMod site: jistone (aka CUViper), slayher, and of course, Koush. I'm just trying to maintain a thread to collect and share information and troubleshooting for the CM7.2 Nightlies.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Kernels/Tweaks

A refresher from slayher:
"The kernel that is provided is what we have found to be the most capable, but most stable kernel for the most people. We are not using highly customized kernels with every acronym you can think of because we are going for maximum compatibility."

Currently, there are a few alternatives that don't break things.

Incredible list of 2.6.37.xx kernels by galaara98
Universal kernel mirror by galaara98

[KERNEL] Incredikernel by chad0989

[KERNEL] Tiamat by Cayniarb

[KERNEL] Invisiblek's

[MOD]viperMOD for AOSP Kernels by -viperboy-

[TWEAK] Adrenaline ShotvIX
Modified Adrenaline ShotvIX by me to be CWM flashable for CM7.1

[SCRIPT] -=V6 SuperCharger=-

Themes/Mods

Careful with these. They may work with one version, but not the next. Although Theme Chooser themes are usually safe. As always, nandroid first.

T-Mobile Theme Engine Sub-Forum

[THEME]RedBread by slayher (whoever that guy is) is available on the Market for free, and a donate version. *hint, hint, nudge, nudge*

[SPLASH]CM7 Splash Screen by lioryte

[MOD]CM7 Lockscreen Rings by synisterwolf and IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo

[MOD]Battery mods by mattyg151

[MOD] Mattyg, UserJF, Battery Mods, AudioBoost, Camera Shutters, Data Throttle, More! by userjf

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Known Issues/Bugs

Per slayher: "Sometimes things are going to break, sometimes features are going to be removed, then added, then removed, then added back."
Just because it works in one build, doesn't mean it's going to work in the next.
  • TV-Out doesn't work on CM7 or any AOSP ROM
FAQ

Q: What's the ETA on....about how long till...when can I expect....?
A: The only rule of CyanogenMod: You don't ask for ETAs.

Q: Now that the Ice Cream Sandwich SDK has dropped, we're getting a port, right?!
A: Take a look at this PSA by Keyan Mobil

Q: What's this CM7.1, Android 2.3.7 business?
A: The nightlies are built on CM7.1, which is Android 2.3.7, while the RC's (so far) are built on Android 2.3.3. Do NOT downgrade without a full wipe.

Q: How do I install CM7, coming from non-CM7?

A: From ciwrl, Head Moderator at http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/ "As we start the RC phase of CM7, many of you are now taking the leap from CM6 stable to the new RC's. Some of you may be able to get away with doing this without a wipe; however, most of you will not be that lucky. Differences in the rom, files system, and even Google Addons will likely throw most of you into boot loops. Therefore, here is my recommended upgrade path:
1) Nandroid backup your current rom
2) Update your recovery to the latest available (CWR is my choice)
3) Format system via recovery
4) Wipe/Factory reset
5) Flash CM7 then Google addon

If any of you have data that you must absolutely save, then and only then should you use Titanium backup (or other backup apps) to restore your data. Please be sure not to restore any data to /system using these apps, as this will mostly likely corrupt your ROM and/or Market."

Granted the above method says from CM6 to CM7, but it pretty much applies to any non-CM7 to CM7.

Q: How do I update from RC to nightly, stable to nightly, nightly to nightly, (basically, forwards) etc?
A: The safest (definitely not the only, but my preferred) way is
  1. Download ROM with Rom Manager Premium.
  2. Do not install with Rom Manager
  3. Reboot into recovery.
  4. Make a backup/nandroid (to be safe)
  5. Wipe Cache
  6. Wipe Dalvik
  7. Install Zip from SDCard
  8. Nightly at /sdcard/clockworkmod/download/mirror.teamdouche.net/get/inc/
  9. /Gapps at sdcard/clockworkmod/download/goo-inside.me/google-apps/
  10. Reboot
  11. Enjoy

Q: How about that 720P? I hear it's handy.
A: Per slayher,
"720P recording will not be coming to CM7 at this time. We *MAY* see it later if we get an HTC GB leak, using an MSM device (aka not omap). But for now, if you HAVE to have 720P recording, stick with CM6. The issue is that GB uses stagefright, and the hack it took to get 720p in CM6 wont work with stagefright. (it was done in opencore.) This is why we cant get it. The current driver implementation we have to work with is just not capable. So there you go, you can stop wondering/asking/hoping."

Q: How about CWM3/5? I'm having a problem where....
A: Try deleting the current recovery first.

Q: How do I fix the space error that pops up when I try to install some apps?
A: Per slayher,
"If you get a Space error trying to install apps, just try installing again. I have encountered this error also and it is not related to actual free space, (unless you have a cubic crap ton (crapton * crapton * crapton) of apps installed)."

Q: How do I disable the shutter sound?
A: Per mattyg151,
"I used root explorer to rename /system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg to camera_click!.ogg ... no more camera shutter sound."
There is also an option at Menu > Settings > CyanogenMod setting > Sound > Mute camera shutter

Q: How do I increase the WiFi scan time to save battery life?
A: Per karnovaran,
"One way to reduce battery drain is to increase the WiFi scan interval. It's set to 45 seconds, meaning it will scan every 45 seconds. If you change it to something like 90, obviously it will scan less often and use less battery. To do this, you have to edit the build.prop file in /system. The easiest way is with Root Explorer. Go to /system, mount r/w, open the build.prop in text editor and locate "wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=45" Change that value to 90 or whatever you want. Save the file, mount back to r/o, and reboot."

Q: Those automatic brightness settings are confusing. Anyone know of a good setting/rough guide?
A: This thread looks useful. So does this post

Q: How does that brightness slider thingey-majib work?
A: Per byrong "For those of you trying to figure out the new brightness-adjust-via-statusbar feature, do the following:
1. Settings > CM Settings > Interface > Status Bar Tweaks > StatusBar brightness (I'm guessing you guys already figured this part out)
2. Here's the trick: place your finger on the status bar, but don't drag it down. It will still 'peek' out some, but now you'll want to slowly drag your finger to the left or right while keeping it on the status bar itself. If you drag left, the screen will get darker; right for bright."

Q: I can't send no fancy mms picture messages!
A: Change you APN settings manually, (a popular way is to use GoSMS).

MMSC: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
MMS proxy: leave empty
MMS port: 80

Q: My bluetooth isn't working right.
And what does Mr. CUViper have to say about it?
For a fix, CUViper made a patch, and I added it to the stock cm kernel, and here's the 10/08 incredikernel: 2.6.38.8-incredikernel-gb-11042011.zip
If you need it on a different kernel, let me know.

Any more I should add? Let me know.

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Alright! I'll spread the word.

EDIT: Hey as of right now, you can't find this thread via browsing the forum under the Droid Incredible section or even doing a search for it for that matter. had it not been for your link I never would have got here. just fyi

#6 ·
I haven't flashed any nightly's since 7.1 came out
I can't usually make heads or tails of the nightly changelog so I was wondering if anyone thinks it's worthwhile to update to 224?
I'm running 7.1 with chad/tiny 10/8 kernel
thanks in advance

also, I'm used to the xda app on my phone. how would I get a similar experience on my phone with this site?

#7 ·
"IAmTheOneTheyCallNeo said:

EDIT: Hey as of right now, you can't find this thread via browsing the forum under the Droid Incredible section or even doing a search for it for that matter. had it not been for your link I never would have got here. just fyi
Me too. :(

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)

Interesting. I didn't search, but I did find it from my browser on my phone (not logged in). Go to Rootzwiki.com at the second button on the panel or whatever, click forum. Go down till you're at the HTC section, then look for the Droid incredible (it's in alphabetical order). Stickied at the top of that is the incredible development sub forum, at which point you should find mine.

"bkrickles said:
I haven't flashed any nightly's since 7.1 came out
I can't usually make heads or tails of the nightly changelog so I was wondering if anyone thinks it's worthwhile to update to 224?
I'm running 7.1 with chad/tiny 10/8 kernel
thanks in advance

also, I'm used to the xda app on my phone. how would I get a similar experience on my phone with this site?
There's no major improvements over the latest stable, just a few tweaks here and there. If you don't want cutting edge, I wouldn't bother, but it's always nice to have their latest work, for me at least.

There is a paid app called tapatalk that has the same interface as the xda app, but let's you monitor several forums. Or there's a Rootz app, free or ad-free donate, that has a slightly different interface, but I like better personally, and it's not that hard to figure out.

#9 ·
Well that's a little confusing. Its a sub forum but its above the "sticky" and "thread" buttons which make it look like the title of the forum. On the app.Now I understand.?

#10 ·
"SynisterWolf said:
Well that's a little confusing. Its a sub forum but its above the "sticky" and "thread" buttons which make it look like the title of the forum. On the app.Now I understand.?
Yes, kind of threw me off at first, but gives immediate access to the developmental area, once I thought about it. And are you asking or telling me you understand? Lol

#13 ·
Get Tapatalk from the app market. It's practically Identical to the XDA app you were used to using.

#14 ·
"bkrickles said:
where do I find rootz app?
I didn't see it in market
thanks
Search "Rootz wiki" without quotes. Only two apps showed up on mine when I did that.

Get Tapatalk from the app market. It's practically Identical to the XDA app you were used to using.
Or this. A paid app, but you can use it to monitor xda and Rootz.

#15 ·
"SynisterWolf said:
what was not suppose to be a ?..... haven't had my coffee yet. :(
You haven't had your coffee yet? Back in my day, they didn't have coffee, we had to eat the Java bean whole, after we hunted and caught it. It's 0430 here, I'm supposed to be asleep for another hour. I just woke up and checked the forums from my phone. Big mistake on my part, lol.

#16 ·
"PonsAsinorem said:
You haven't had your coffee yet? Back in my day, they didn't have coffee, we had to eat the Java bean whole, after we hunted and caught it. It's 0430 here, I'm supposed to be asleep for another hour. I just woke up and checked the forums from my phone. Big mistake on my part, lol.
Did you have to walk to school up hill both ways in the snow to?

#21 ·
Haha funny stuff. You just reminded me of something I needed to do... ::zoooooom::

#25 ·
dickenam said:
Thread back on topic please. As far as I can tell, forum apps have nothing to do with Inc CM7 nightlies, thanks! =]
sorry sir.

I haven't updated since the build before the final. I also saw on the XDA thread that some people have problems with Contacts Force Closing on some. Is this because of the new stuff merged to final and beyond or is it user error?

any incite would be great. thank you all.

#26 ·
dickenam said:
Thread back on topic please. As far as I can tell, forum apps have nothing to do with Inc CM7 nightlies, thanks! =]
sorry sir.

I haven't updated since the build before the final. I also saw on the XDA thread that some people have problems with Contacts Force Closing on some. Is this because of the new stuff merged to final and beyond or is it user error?

any incite would be great. thank you all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.