Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:41 AM #3

Bs

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  • 0 Likes

ghettomuffin

ghettomuffin

Android Addict

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:45 AM #4

I wouldn't sweat it too much people. The announcement itself may be delayed (perhaps due to the passing of Steve Jobs) but the phone is already in the hands of many and being shown off quite a bit. I would expect this device to still be on schedule for release in the next month, and that's all that really matters.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
  • 0 Likes

Jonathon

Jonathon

Mastermind

Posted 07 October 2011 - 05:06 AM #5

Not too happy about the delay personally, however if we hadn't known a date in the first place I wouldn't have felt this way so I can cope for a bit longer.

Sent from my Nexus S using RootzWiki Forums
  • 0 Likes

kidserious

kidserious

Super User

• 423 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:02 AM #6

The "announcement" has been delayed. That doesn't mean the release date will change. It's because of steve jobs death. I firmly believe that it will be released on the same day.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

• 0 Likes
Sent by a Scumbag Kanger who gets 3 days battery life on 1 charge in Airplane mode

Jaxidian

Jaxidian

teh Jax

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:45 AM #7

The "announcement" has been delayed. That doesn't mean the release date will change. It's because of steve jobs death. I firmly believe that it will be released on the same day.

Yeah but this is 100% speculation without even leaks to back it up. Believe it as much as you want, it's not convincing me yet. We're dealing with technology. Delays are rarely a good sign.

I hope they still show off ICS and maybe even release a pre-release SDK on the 11th.
  • 0 Likes

kidserious

kidserious

Super User

• 423 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:57 AM #8

Yeah but this is 100% speculation without even leaks to back it up. Believe it as much as you want, it's not convincing me yet. We're dealing with technology. Delays are rarely a good sign.

I hope they still show off ICS and maybe even release a pre-release SDK on the 11th.

What is speculation? The 11th has been canceled to my knowledge. And I'm 99.9 % sure there will be NO sdk before the event.

• 0 Likes
Sent by a Scumbag Kanger who gets 3 days battery life on 1 charge in Airplane mode

ceredics

ceredics

Average Android

• 286 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:51 AM #9

I wanting to watch the keynote of the unveiling :( or video whatever. The apple one was nice bbut I believe this will be better.
  • 0 Likes

Jaxidian

Jaxidian

teh Jax

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:54 AM #10

The 11th has been canceled to my knowledge. And I'm 99.9 % sure there will be NO sdk before the event.

Not exactly. The event on the 11th is still happening, just not this specific announcement. The event was/is more than just the announcement although clearly, this was "the big thing" at the event. So ICS could still be displayed/demoed on the 11th as a preview without actually announcing/releasing the Nexus.

That said, it looks like that speculation was correct according to this.

We believe this is not the right time to announce a new product as the world expresses tribute to Steve Jobs's passing.

• 0 Likes