Rate this Topic

- - - - -

[ROM] Droid 3 Deodexed

• Please log in to reply

OP pedwards3x

pedwards3x

Developer

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:31 PM #1

UPDATE: Links should be all working now. The files are new and are cleaned up and both versions now have a working calendar app. Also added two add-on patches. One which puts DLNA back in on the debloated version. The other patch fixes the stock calendar app issue on both versions. To fix the calendar either download the whole ROM and flash again or just flash the patch.

Alright here it is. A full D3 system ROM that has been deodexed. This is the base for any ROMs for us on the D3 so devs start running with this. Just download the zip and flash it through recovery. No need to wipe or mount anything. Make sure you have a backup and that you know how to recover with the Fastboot files just in case.

Huge thanks to @Kejar31 for all his help in making this as well as letting me use some of his Bionic files for this zip. Also thanks to @Jakebites for helping with with some scripting and all the other devs who have helped me along the way! Let's keep this community going!

Installation:
1. Download ZIP to sdcard
2. Using bootstrap boot into clockwork recovery
3. Install ZIP from sdcard
4. Choose ZIP
5. Select the downloaded file
6. Reboot

NOTE: First boot will take awhile. Don't freak out it will boot.
NOTE: THIS IS FOR THE OTA SYSTEM BUILD 5.6.890 DO NOT FLASH IF YOU ARE NOT ON THIS SYSTEM.

Droid3 Deodexed Stock - Download
Droid3 Deodexed Debloated - Download
DLNA Add-On for Debloated - Download
Stock Calendar Add-On - Download
Stock Messaging Add-On - Download

Edited by pedwards3x, 09 October 2011 - 03:54 PM.
LINKS

• 5 Likes

Adam80460

Adam80460

Supporting Member

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:33 PM #2

Woot!!!! Something to flash.....thanks :android-smile:

Edit: Just finished flashing, worked perfectly. Thanks again.

Edited by Adam80460, 23 September 2011 - 04:32 PM.

• 0 Likes

OP pedwards3x

pedwards3x

Developer

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:16 PM #3

Great to hear. Debloated version is done. Just gotta wait for the upload to finish then test and it'll be posted here as well!
  • 0 Likes
Development takes time, donations make it easier - Donate Here

kshen1

kshen1

Android Lover

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:34 PM #4

Gonna try this out...
  • 0 Likes

TillysWilly

TillysWilly

Android Beginner

• 10 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:04 PM #5

someone post up a screenshot after they flash thanx
  • 0 Likes

TillysWilly

TillysWilly

Android Beginner

• 10 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:07 PM #6

well that sucks you have to install the leaked ota to flash this I just saw guess I will be waiting on this one as well :erm:
  • 0 Likes

OP pedwards3x

pedwards3x

Developer

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:54 PM #7

If someone is still on the 5.5.959 system and they can get me a system dump I can make this for that version too. Just do an adb pull /system and zip up the files and send me that file. That'd be sweet.
  • 0 Likes

izeltokatl

izeltokatl

Android Beginner

• 13 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:17 PM #8

I was under the impression that BootStrap recovery was still on ver.87 and one of its current issues was being able to flash roms? Is this avoiding CWM completely and using the stock flash tool?
  • 0 Likes

OP pedwards3x

pedwards3x

Developer

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:24 PM #9

Nope I believe current version is .87 but clockwork flashes files fine for me.
  • 0 Likes

erismaster

erismaster

Android Beginner

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:44 PM #10

I was under the impression that BootStrap recovery was still on ver.87 and one of its current issues was being able to flash roms? Is this avoiding CWM completely and using the stock flash tool?

The bootstrap recovery v.87 has several partitions locked for flashing(for safety/protextive purposes)
This .zip posted here only modifies the /system/app and /system/framework, so it will flash with our current recovery. /system is not one of the protected partitions.
However, a newer version of cwr is coming soon. Real soon.
  • 0 Likes