Difficulty:: Very Easy
Mod Base:: CyanogenMod
Mod Status:: Stable
Apply In:: Alt. Recovery
Carrier:: Unlocked GSM
Optional:: Custom Settings
Requires Root:: Yes
Optional:: Requires GApps
Android Version:: 2.3.X (GB)
CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.
CM7 automated daily builds (nightlies) for the LGE Optimus Black are available from the CM download mirrors (http://get.cm/)
#include /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!
All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github , build instructions can be found at our Wiki
If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance (howto).
- First time flashing CM 7 to your Optimus Black (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Root your device
2. Install ROM Manager (search the market for it, no need to use the Premium version), and from there install ClockworkMod Recovery
3. Do a Nandroid backup! I'm serious. Backup!
4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
5. Download the ROM into your SD Card
6. Install the ROM with the "Install ROM From SD Card" menu option.
7. Optionally install the Google Addon
HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Temporary Hard reboots will go automatically into recovery. Without leaving recovery, please dump the "/proc/last_kmsg" file and pastebin it.
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get send the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred
Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.
The preferred method of installation is via ROM Manager, or you can head over to the CM Forums for manual downloads.
Google Addon: 20110828 Universal (for google talk video, you may also want to try the "newtalk" addon)
- HD Recording has low framerates
CM nightlies for the Black (p970) can be obtained from http://get.cm/?device=p970
Edited by b16, 13 February 2012 - 01:21 AM.