CM7 automated daily builds (nightlies) for the LGE Optimus 3D are available from the CM download mirrors (http://get.cm/)
This is not LG's software, it's not based on it, nor is it compatible with it. Applications that require LG's proprietary Real3D framework will NOT work.
Important note: Starting with SK3 (and every future build coming out of CM), the system is now configured to work with the v21a radio. It will not work with the older (Froyo) basebands, and it will not work on the Thrill. Thrill users (or users of the O3D with the 2.2 baseband) should use the second link at the bottom of this post.
#include /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!
All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github
If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance (howto).
- First time flashing CM 7 to your Optimus 3D (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Root your device
2. Install ROM Manager (search the market for it, no need to use the Premium version), and from there install ClockworkMod Recovery
3. Do a Nandroid backup! I'm serious. Backup!
4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
5. Download the ROM into your SD Card
6. Install the ROM with the "Install ROM From SD Card" menu option.
7. Optionally install the Google Addon
HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was it a hard reboot? Go into recovery and dump the "/proc/last_kmsg" file.
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get send the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred
Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.
Google Addon: 20110828 Universal
- HDMI is broken
- Wireless Tethering works, but fails to stop. You'll have to reboot the phone after use
CM7 nightlies for the Optimus3D (Gingerbread radio) can be downloaded from http://get.cm/?device=p920
CM7 nightlies for the Thrill can be downloaded from http://get.cm/?device=p925
Edited by arcee, 02 January 2012 - 09:18 AM.