Rate this Topic

1 votes

CyanogenMod - CM7 nightlies for Optimus3D and Thrill

• Please log in to reply

OP arcee

arcee

Developer

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:15 PM #1

CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

CM7 automated daily builds (nightlies) for the LGE Optimus 3D are available from the CM download mirrors (http://get.cm/)

This is not LG's software, it's not based on it, nor is it compatible with it. Applications that require LG's proprietary Real3D framework will NOT work.

Important note: Starting with SK3 (and every future build coming out of CM), the system is now configured to work with the v21a radio. It will not work with the older (Froyo) basebands, and it will not work on the Thrill. Thrill users (or users of the O3D with the 2.2 baseband) should use the second link at the bottom of this post.

#include
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github

If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance (howto).

INSTRUCTIONS:
- First time flashing CM 7 to your Optimus 3D (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Root your device
2. Install ROM Manager (search the market for it, no need to use the Premium version), and from there install ClockworkMod Recovery
3. Do a Nandroid backup! I'm serious. Backup!
4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
5. Download the ROM into your SD Card
6. Install the ROM with the "Install ROM From SD Card" menu option.
7. Optionally install the Google Addon

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was it a hard reboot? Go into recovery and dump the "/proc/last_kmsg" file.
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get send the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred

Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

Google Addon: 20110828 Universal
Download: http://goo-inside.me/google-apps/

Known issues
  • HDMI is broken
  • Wireless Tethering works, but fails to stop. You'll have to reboot the phone after use

CM7 nightlies for the Optimus3D (Gingerbread radio) can be downloaded from http://get.cm/?device=p920
CM7 nightlies for the Thrill can be downloaded from http://get.cm/?device=p925

Edited by arcee, 02 January 2012 - 09:18 AM.

• 6 Likes

Jordi

Jordi

Android Beginner

• 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:34 AM #2

Muchas gracias Cyanogenmod. Hablas español verdad? Voy a echarle un vistazo. Muchas gracias.
  • 0 Likes

papilyn

papilyn

Android Beginner

• 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:08 AM #3

work great! nice work bro.
  • 0 Likes

kidkoala_uk

kidkoala_uk

Android Beginner

• 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:20 AM #4

Thanks Ricardo for your time and effort this ROM is very smooth. Can I ask if you are aware of any issues with viewing SIM contacts, I am new to Cyanogen and most likely I am doing something stupid but I cant see SIM contacts and when I attempt to import contacts from SIM there are none displayed.
  • 0 Likes

OP arcee

arcee

Developer

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:59 AM #5

Thanks Ricardo for your time and effort this ROM is very smooth. Can I ask if you are aware of any issues with viewing SIM contacts, I am new to Cyanogen and most likely I am doing something stupid but I cant see SIM contacts and when I attempt to import contacts from SIM there are none displayed.

I haven't tried, but it's possible. LG's radio interface is different from standard, and it might need some conversion there
  • 0 Likes

Jordi

Jordi

Android Beginner

• 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:04 PM #6

How is it going Ricardo ? Will you have fresh news soon for our Optimus 3D ? I hope the delay of Ice Cream presentation don't delay Ginger Bread too :-( Thanks for your time and just wanted to cheer you and your team up for keeping the good work you're doing.
  • 0 Likes

susje

susje

Android Beginner

• 1 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:41 AM #7

hola desde sevilla (españa)
vamos a probar esta rom y a ver como va.gracias por los trabajos que haceis los cocineros,sin vosotros esto no seria nada
  • 0 Likes

bapkssist

bapkssist

Android Beginner

• 7 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:18 PM #8

I was asking myself how was going your developpement,

I'm very interested at having cyanogen on my O3D but I was wondering.

Is there a way to keep my 3d ans lg apps when upgrading, and (i guess so) are you planning onto correcting the hdmi / 3d bug?

also will all cyanogen languages be supported?
  • 0 Likes

DrGomez

DrGomez

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:49 PM #9

Not many posts in here... so here goes mine:

Bugs i found in this release:

1. Volume very low! What i liked about the 3D is that it had a decent Speaker compared to HTC Phones. But with this release it's like having an HTC again :/
2. Massive Battery Drain. 60% in 8 hours Standby (Screen turned off) tried downclocking with CPUSet when off = No use. + Very slow charging(draining more than charging when screen on).
3. Doesn't seem like USB Connectivity to Windows is fixed at least for me.
4. (Could be only me) Notification boxes look messy.
5. Camera quality is worse?
6. Random reboots/crashes.

Other than that, it's fast and i love it! But definitely NOT ready for every day use. Personally, don't care too much about the 3D functionality. Keep up the good work in fixing those bugs!
  • 0 Likes

ChaosFromAbove

ChaosFromAbove

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:20 AM #10

anyone else having problems initiating wifi? When I try to turn it on it says "Error".

- LG Thrill 4G

EDIT: Whops, stupid me, forgot to restart the phone haha...wifi works fine.

Another problem I'm having is the media process (android.process.media) keeps crashing. It does it once when the phone first starts up and again when I try editing my photos to be made my wallpaper.

Spoke a little too soon about flawless wifi. It seems a bit buggy. Won't automatically connect to a saved network when it comes within range - it attempts to, but keeps disconnecting and will often loose the network. Seems like a radio issue.

The stock camera app is a bit buggy, so i just replaced with one from the market.

Other than the force close and wifi issues this rom is really showing potential for cyanogenmod, can't wait for the beta to be released, keep up the good work!!

Edited by ChaosFromAbove, 06 November 2011 - 08:48 PM.

• 0 Likes