HP TouchPad Android Master Cyanogenmod
  • Please log in to reply

olagaton

olagaton

Android Apprentice

• 48 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:40 AM #831

@XdohhhX

I cant believe you have the balls and ignorance to register since you must have registered to post your comments.

the people who are implementing this CM7 are not receiving any financial benefit for their efforts.

I applaud them, and accuse you of being selfish, self-centered, and a total idiot.

just wait, be patient, and be happy that there are people who you haven't the right to lick their boots working on this.

Mike

Dude, calm down. He has a right to his opinion. Stop with the personal attacks.
  • 0 Likes

PigFarmington

PigFarmington

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:32 AM #832

http://www.tigerdire...?srkey=touchpad

Less than one hour to get your chance at buying a TP
  • 0 Likes

prittsaudio

prittsaudio

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:10 AM #833

They had a second batch that went out, but it was for HP employees only. They ran out before there was a public sale.

Actually the word is that the Touchpads will go back on sale in a package deal with either a laptop or desktop. HP is using this to it's full advantage. From what I hear, you will not be able to get a TP for $99/$149 without purchasing a computer as well.

It is also my opinion that the Touchpad fire sale was pre-planned before it's release as a clever stunt to liquidate HP hardware and hype the software division. That is their future business model. We saw Android leaks I believe- mainly because HP knew developers would try to put Android on it and wanted to see how hard it would be. This is all for hardware liquidation and WebOS profitability. Just my take on it. It makes no since to liquidate a unit with a build cost of $350 simply to just get out of the tablet business. It is obvious- now that they're making massive amounts more of these things. It's a stunt.

Edited by prittsaudio, 05 November 2011 - 09:22 AM.

• 0 Likes

Redflea

Redflea

Supporting Member

• 4,550 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:14 PM #834

Actually the word is that the Touchpads will go back on sale in a package deal with either a laptop or desktop. HP is using this to it's full advantage. From what I hear, you will not be able to get a TP for 99/149 without purchasing a computer as well.

It is also my opinion that the Touchpad fire sale was pre-planned before it's release as a clever stunt to liquidate HP hardware and hype the software division. That is their future business model. We saw Android leaks I believe- mainly because HP knew developers would try to put Android on it and wanted to see how hard it would be. This is all for hardware liquidation and WebOS profitability. Just my take on it. It makes no since to liquidate a unit with a build cost of 350 simply to just get out of the tablet business. It is obvious- now that they're making massive amounts more of these things. It's a stunt.

No offense, but that theory is, as my dad used to say, crazy-penguin talk. :)
  • 0 Likes
Noob Guide to set up a build environment & build Touchpad (CM9/CM10) or Galaxy Nexus (Fruits-n-Veggies/Liquid/AOKP) ROMs: http://goo.gl/Zpht8

Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Toro): ROM: AOKP (personal builds): Kernel: Franco's Nightly (usually)
HP Touchpad: CM9 Homemade Kang based on Dalingrin and Co.

prittsaudio

prittsaudio

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:54 PM #835

No offense, but that theory is, as my dad used to say, crazy-penguin talk. :)

Yeah? You think? Haha. It sounds crazy, but I am convinced.
  • 0 Likes

Kayone

Kayone

Average Android

• 104 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:32 PM #836

Looks like HP is not entirely out of Touchpads.
Apparently they're looking to sell 32s to registered developers at the $150 price point, limited to two per developer.
Source:
http://www.engadget....a-150-touchpad/
  • 0 Likes
Thank all of you devs, for all of your hard work.

Redflea

Redflea

Supporting Member

• 4,550 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:26 PM #837

They are discontinuing their device loaner program and providing the TPs for sale to replace that. Another indication of their departure from webOS.
  • 0 Likes
Noob Guide to set up a build environment & build Touchpad (CM9/CM10) or Galaxy Nexus (Fruits-n-Veggies/Liquid/AOKP) ROMs: http://goo.gl/Zpht8

Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Toro): ROM: AOKP (personal builds): Kernel: Franco's Nightly (usually)
HP Touchpad: CM9 Homemade Kang based on Dalingrin and Co.

mobile.sensei

mobile.sensei

Android Beginner

• 8 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:01 PM #838

So happy to have the cm7 team on my touchpad.... so so lucky. Thanks cm!!!!

Can't wait for ics source code to release for some cm9 love!!!!!
  • 0 Likes

loooney2ns

loooney2ns

Supporting Member

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:41 AM #839

I hope HP comes through with the coupons. I would love to have one! I also wonder if it will be able to run windows 8, which will support Arm processors. Triple boot!
  • 0 Likes

cloverfield78

cloverfield78

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:24 AM #840

What happened nothing has changed in the last few weeks? :erm:
  • 0 Likes