• Please log in to reply

OP xoomdev

xoomdev

Developer

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:55 AM #1

Posted Image
Presents...

OMFGB 1.3.0 Mecha

[DISCLAIMER: If you are flashing this you have already voided your manufacturer's warranty. If you are flashing this you realize that this is unsupported software. Your device may break as a result of flashing this unsupported software. t3hh4xx0r team is not responsible for anything that might happen to your phone or you as a result of flashing this software. That includes but is not limited to bricked phones, world war, your alarm not waking you up and as a result you getting fired, or orgasms. That said, thank you for trying it.]

Features of this ROM

Screenshots

Bugs

Thanks Section

OMFGB-Nightlies directory

Download GAPPS through the God Mode application within the ROM.

All sources are at OMFGB's github page --- www.github.com/OMFGB

t3hh4xx0r team consists of:
- r2DoesInc - - linuxmotion - - xoomdev - - SteveLogik -
- Willis420 -

Please visit t3hh4xx0r.com for more information

Edited by xoomdev, 23 August 2011 - 07:49 AM.

• 23 Likes

Jaxidian

Jaxidian

teh Jax

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:07 AM #2

I'm going to try to make this #2 post useful but take note: Anything I post here is NOT official and is NOT coming from the OMFGB team. If you want help straight from the horse's mouth, ignore me. That said, I'm going to put info here to help people so we can allow xoomdev to focus more on coding and less on supporting us.

As with any documentation, this will be out of date over time, so please see the Last-Edited date at the bottom of this post in case some of this information is out of date.

Unofficial FAQ

FAQ Sections:
  • New-to-OMFGB Questions
  • Radio/Data Questions
  • Application Questions
  • Theme Questions
  • OMFGB Settings and Special Features
  • Upgrade Questions
  • Other Questions

New-to-OMFGB Questions

Q: I know what I'm doing generally. What do I need to know specifically about OMFGB to get started quickly?

Q: Where are the latest nightlies?

Q: Is this a stable ROM?

Q: So I understand that OMFGB is AOSP-based but so is CM7 and it's available now. Why would I want this ROM instead?

Q: Why did it take AOSP ROMs so long to become stable?

Q: After I successfully flashed this for the first time, I couldn't find the Market or anything. What gives?

Q: What kernels work on OMFGB?

Q: What radios work on OMFGB?

Radio/Data Questions

Q: What radio works best?

Q: Do I need to _______ when I flash a radio?

Q: I'm having various issues where I lose data. What do I do?

Application Questions

Q: Why can't I send an MMS?

Theme Questions

Q: How do I theme OMFGB?

Q: I applied a new theme that works on ____ ROM/phone, but there is this bug in OMFGB. I thought all themes worked on all ROMs with the Theme Picker?

Q: I applied a new theme, but why are some of the graphics all fuzzy?

Q: I applied a new theme, but why don't I get a themed lockscreen (or other things)?

OMFGB Settings and Special Features

Q: What is God Mode?

Q: Why isn't the ______ setting in Launcher Settings in God Mode working?

Q: Where did my Notification Toggle buttons go?

Upgrade Questions

Q: Do I need to wipe data when I upgrade?

Q: I upgraded without wiping but certain things are missing. Where did they go?

Q: I downloaded a new nighly via God Mode. Where did it save at?

Q: I downloaded a new nighly via God Mode. What radio does it need?

Q: Why is my kernel all screwed up after upgrading?

Q: Okay, so I want to upgrade in the *best* way possible. What is this process?

Other Questions

Q: Why isn't my GPS working?

---

If there are additional questions you think should be in this FAQ, please PM me. And again, please keep in mind that this is an UNOFFICIAL FAQ that is community-driven and NOT driven by the OMFGB team! All thanks go to that team for all of their tireless work!

Edited by Jaxidian, 30 August 2011 - 06:53 PM.

• 3 Likes

OP xoomdev

xoomdev

Developer

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:33 AM #3

37cff59f946e247f6f08577ae7c2fc3e confirmed
  • 0 Likes

Jaxidian

Jaxidian

teh Jax

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:43 AM #4

Good news is that it's flashed and not bricked and it's booting!

I'm running the latest non-GB radio. Initial feedback so far (having been booted up for ~2 minutes):
- SMS works
- Radio is having some difficulty with data. In a 4G area, no 4G connectivity (saw 1x pop up a couple times and then go away). However, when I toggle to CDMA/EvDo mode, 3G popped up pretty immediately.
- I have not yet had any FCs or reboots!

Sorry, not super heplful here but it's a good start to let others know that it's vaguely safe to flash this thing to play with! :-)
  • 0 Likes

OP xoomdev

xoomdev

Developer

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:04 AM #5

hmm ok maybe im spending a night in san antonio then since its a 4g area..although i saw some tweets that 4g was down in some areas so might not be the best time to test...Either way ill take some more looks.

Thanks for testing, if you have any knowledge of adb a logcat and a logcat -b radio would be helpful with 4g on.
  • 0 Likes

Jaxidian

Jaxidian

teh Jax

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:07 AM #6

hmm ok maybe im spending a night in san antonio then since its a 4g area..although i saw some tweets that 4g was down in some areas so might not be the best time to test...Either way ill take some more looks.

Thanks for testing, if you have any knowledge of adb a logcat and a logcat -b radio would be helpful with 4g on.

4G is up here right now and has been for a while.

I do have ADB knowledge but am at work so am limited for now. I'll see if my roaming install of ADB works on my laptop and try to get you that. No promises for now, though, since we have a deployment tomorrow. But will try. :)
  • 0 Likes

Jaxidian

Jaxidian

teh Jax

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:10 AM #7

By the way, I'll be in #R2gb for a good part of the day although back and forth /away
  • 0 Likes

boristhebladexx

boristhebladexx

Android Apprentice

• 30 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:43 AM #8

very excited about to this. flashing now, i live in a 4G area so i'll let you know how it goes
  • 0 Likes

kook

kook

Android Lover

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:39 AM #9

Downloading bruther...
  • 0 Likes

Jaxidian

Jaxidian

teh Jax

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:43 AM #10

Well, as I was out and about for lunch, 3G was pretty solid as was the OS. Have restored quite a few apps via TI and so far no real bugs, no random FCs, and still no reboots (that I can tell, anyways).

One thing that I've noticed is that when I boot up in 4G mode, I get no data (or randomly 1x for a few seconds). Toggle to 3G mode and bam, it's stable. However, when I toggle back to LTE mode, I get this strange "G" icon with up/down arrows just like the 1x and 3G icons but it simply says "G" on it. Doing speed tests, it pulls 3G speeds so it's pretty clearly that. Does it try to use a different set of icons for eHRPD mode, perhaps? If so, that icon should probably be replaced with a 3G icon. In the SpeedTest.net app, it reports the network as being "Cell". In CM7, this app reports that as "eHRPD" or "LTE" when I have a 4G connection. I don't know about when 4G is turned on but when I have a 3G connection but I would guess it would report it as "eHRPD".

Another comment is that this ROM appears to NOT suffer the bugs that CM7 did when you were using the Network Mode menu item. It used to lose data connection if you used the Network Mode menu. This one appears to keep 3G via EvDo or eHRPD (I assume).

To summarize my rambling here, I believe 3G EvDo works as does 3G eHRPD but 4G does not appear to work. Given that 3G eHRPD works, you've done some things right! :-)

Edited by Jaxidian, 20 June 2011 - 10:19 AM.

• 0 Likes