1 votes

[FXZ] Fastboot Recovery

• Please log in to reply

TheNeighbor

TheNeighbor

Super User

• 495 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:17 PM #141

Negative. I attempted to flash these and RSD would not see it. Flashed using Moto-Fastboot and now I cannot access recovery nor anything else. Phone boots to (Flash Failure) everytime but with some extra info. Down at the bottom of the screen it reads as such:

Invalid CG OTV (CG; system): Invalid SP Data
Invalid CG HAB (CG; system, status: 0X0035)
Invalid CG OTV (CG: system)

Any info on this?

I am in the exact same boat as you right now
  • 0 Likes

G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Android Apprentice

• 355 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:28 PM #142

I am in the exact same boat as you right now

Extract the files below from there respective fxz file and try the commands listed. You must use the updated moto-fastboot.exe app. I just have it renamed to fastboot.exe.

files from 5.5.893 tar.gz file posted above (credit to realbbb):
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

files from stock 5.5.866 fxz file:
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash preinstall preinstall.img
fastboot flash radio radio.img
fastboot flash webtop grfs.img (might not be necessary, but I did it)

Boot the phone into fastboot mode. I put all of the files in the same folder and flashed them one after the other. Then "fastboot reboot". I booted up fine and shortly thereafter had a notificaton of an available update. I then used R3L3AS3D to root and 4ever root and allowed the update. So far everything is working great and I'm on the OTA path again.

All credit for this method goes to Timmy10shoes.

Edited by G8orDroid, 23 December 2011 - 09:43 PM.

• 0 Likes

Timmy10shoes

Timmy10shoes

Android Admirer

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:49 PM #143

I'm currently uploading a zip to mediafire. Just unzip it and run through it rsd lite. Thats it. EXCEPT If you've previously updated to .901. If you did after you root and install 5.5.893 it will throw you in fadtboot with a cdt.bin failure. Just flash the cdt.bin from the. 901 update. And reboot. It will say failed, but everything is there. If you didnt take the .901 plunge, everythings gravy!
  • 0 Likes
Sent from above

Timmy10shoes

Timmy10shoes

Android Admirer

Posted 23 December 2011 - 10:52 PM #144

Its up
  • 0 Likes
Sent from above

bdsullivan

bdsullivan

Average Android

• 162 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:02 PM #145

I am on the .901 update and now i am stuck in bootloader and can not get out of it. I tried the .901 posted a few pages back but got the same errors as above. Has this been resolved. Now i regret taking the .901 plunge.
  • 0 Likes

junksecret

junksecret

Poobah

• 72 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:26 PM #146

I'm currently uploading a zip to mediafire. Just unzip it and run through it rsd lite. Thats it. EXCEPT If you've previously updated to .901. If you did after you root and install 5.5.893 it will throw you in fadtboot with a cdt.bin failure. Just flash the cdt.bin from the. 901 update. And reboot. It will say failed, but everything is there. If you didnt take the .901 plunge, everythings gravy!

Is there a link to this file?

Thanks!
  • 0 Likes

Draexo

Draexo

Android Lover

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:07 PM #147

Is there a link to this file?

Thanks!

Try this... I am new to Bionic so I do not know if this is the file you are looking for.
http://droidrepo.inf...nic-stock-files
  • 1 Likes
DROIDREPO - An Android File Repository
Current Phone: S3
Former phones: Bionic / Droid X / Droid 2 Global

smilepak

smilepak

Android Apprentice

• 83 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:42 AM #148

Extract the files below from there respective fxz file and try the commands listed. You must use the updated moto-fastboot.exe app. I just have it renamed to fastboot.exe. files from 5.5.893 tar.gz file posted above (credit to realbbb): fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash recovery recovery.img files from stock 5.5.866 fxz file: fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash preinstall preinstall.img fastboot flash radio radio.img fastboot flash webtop grfs.img (might not be necessary, but I did it) Boot the phone into fastboot mode. I put all of the files in the same folder and flashed them one after the other. Then "fastboot reboot". I booted up fine and shortly thereafter had a notificaton of an available update. I then used R3L3AS3D to root and 4ever root and allowed the update. So far everything is working great and I'm on the OTA path again. All credit for this method goes to Timmy10shoes.

Did these steps..it got me from the AP FastBoot Boot Failure and finally got into Android...

Once booted up, I reboot and ran 4ever 2.1

Press any key to continue . . .
* Flashing system.img....This will take about 2-5 minutes
sending 'system' (491264 KB)... OKAY
writing 'system'... INFOPreflash validation failure
FAILED (remote: )
* Wiping data and cache
erasing 'userdata'... OKAY
erasing 'cache'... OKAY
* Rebooting your phone now, factory 886 system restored
rebooting...
* This will take a bit so be patient.
* Once your phone is rebooted we can start rooting it

Now I am back to square one again....

AP Fastboot Flash Mode S Flash Failure
  • 0 Likes

Draexo

Draexo

Android Lover

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:36 AM #149

I am getting my Bionic today... and I have no clue what to do with it!
  • 0 Likes

Draexo

Draexo

Android Lover

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:52 PM #150

I am getting my Bionic today... and I have no clue what to do with it!

Bionic arrives via FedEx.... and there is no SD card. Won't have SD card until Tuesday. Verizon fails!
  • 0 Likes