* * * - -
1 votes

[FXZ] Fastboot Recovery

• Please log in to reply

OP adroidman

adroidman

Android Lover

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:22 PM #1

Standard Disclaimer: What you are about to do will void your warranty. There is also the slight possibility that you could damage your phone if you do it wrong -- and maybe even if you do it right. You undertake this activity with that in mind and are solely responsible for the results.

For those of you who have bricked your bionic you can now save it. By doing this it returns the phone to how you got it out of the box from Verizon. What are you doing? Well the Motorola recovery file was leaked out. This recovery file is called FXZ for the bionic. It puts android 2.3.4 back onto your device. Along with the stock boot image, BLUR, and bloatware. If you are in a boot-loop this will fix it by replacing the system. The only thing that is not returned to stock is your SD card.

This method only works on windows.
Download RSD LITE and FXZ File

FXZ file MD5: 96e10ae9b00b696e8efed0e076632a53

1. Install RSD Lite
2. Install the Bionic Drivers 32bit Driver 64bit Driver
3. Plug your bionic into the back of your computer. The front USB ports have been known to fail.
4. Open RSD Lite. Your device should show up if not wait a minute or two.
5. Browse to the FXZ file through RSD Lite by clicking the "..." after the input box
6. Wait for the file to load and select "Uncompress and Start Flashing"
7. This will take some time for it to flash DO NOT TOUCH YOUR PHONE UNTIL IT HAS FINISHED EVERYTHING!!!!
8. Your phone will boot into recovery and flash 2 radio files
9. Your phone is now returned to stock enjoy!

If your phone is not found in RSD Lite you can try putting the device into AP Fastboot mode.
1. Power the phone down
2. Hold the volume down and power button
3. Release the power button after a second or two. To exit the mode press and hold the power button for a second then release.

Thank you http://briefmobile.com for getting the files. Download for the FXZ from http://www.theandroidsource.com

Edited by adroidman, 09 February 2012 - 06:10 PM.

• 17 Likes
Posted Image

Bionic dev for Gummy

rexboe

rexboe

Android Apprentice

• 17 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:37 PM #2

I can't get rsd lite to recognize the tar file when I unzipp it is still a tar file. how do I get it to load into rsd lite. What do you set your phone on rsd flash mode or fastboot mode.
  • 0 Likes

OP adroidman

adroidman

Android Lover

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:13 PM #3

Looking into it, downloading the file now.

Sent from my Droid using RootzWiki Forums
  • 0 Likes
Posted Image

Bionic dev for Gummy

ScorpionAZ

ScorpionAZ

Android Apprentice

• 18 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:25 PM #4

I can't get rsd lite to recognize the tar file when I unzipp it is still a tar file. how do I get it to load into rsd lite. What do you set your phone on rsd flash mode or fastboot mode.

As far as I understand the older version of RSD Lite may not work. Make sure you're on RSD Lite version 5.5 then press the “. . .” button next to the box labeled “Filename” to load the file. Has anyone flashed successfully?

Edited by wayne82973, 14 September 2011 - 04:28 PM.

• 0 Likes

OP adroidman

adroidman

Android Lover

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:39 PM #5

I am using RSD 5.5 and downloaded the file. I did not do anything to it. I opened RSD clicked in the bar at the top found the file, clicked open. Then I uncompress and it ran.

I did not flash! I only tested to see if the file could be uncompressed.

Edited by adroidman, 14 September 2011 - 04:41 PM.

• 0 Likes
Posted Image

Bionic dev for Gummy

ScorpionAZ

ScorpionAZ

Android Apprentice

• 18 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:41 PM #6

I'm downloading the file right now to see if I can get it going.
  • 0 Likes

rexboe

rexboe

Android Apprentice

• 17 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:43 PM #7

I have rsd lite 5.5 and it doesn't recognize the file don't no what I am doing wrong I think the file ext is a tar.tar on the file i downloaded am downloading again and will retry it.

Edit redownloaded and it still has a tar.tar ext if i change it to tar. gz it recognizes it thats what the link say the ext should be not sure if that would work or not

Edited by rexboe, 14 September 2011 - 04:51 PM.

• 0 Likes

OP adroidman

adroidman

Android Lover

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:49 PM #8

It should be a .tar.gz when downloaded

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using RootzWiki Forums
  • 0 Likes
Posted Image

Bionic dev for Gummy

rexboe

rexboe

Android Apprentice

• 17 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:53 PM #9

Yes the file in this post when you down load it it comes out as tar.tar and I changed to tar.gz and rsd lite did recognize it.
  • 0 Likes

OP adroidman

adroidman

Android Lover

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:57 PM #10

Mine came as a tar.gz...... can anyone host it? Or tell me how to host it? Its to big to put on mediafire unless I pay for it. I can host in Dropbox but it will get pounder and crash. PM me if you can help.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using RootzWiki Forums
  • 0 Likes
Posted Image

Bionic dev for Gummy