Rate this Topic

- - - - -

[ROM] MIUI 1.9.9 ported by DXC

• Please log in to reply

OP DXC

DXC

Developer

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:01 PM #1

This is for the DROID 2 on the FROYO KERNEL.

Hey guys, for those who don't know me, I develop for the Droid X. I was asked by multiple Droid 2 users to port 1.9.9 to the Droid 2. So here you go. This rom was made from Framework43's base, and MIUI-US files. Credit to them!

Due to the fact that I don't have a Droid 2, I will not be supporting this port! Any and all bugs are yours to deal with, sorry! Remember, along with 4 versions of new features, you'll also have 4 versions of new bugs. Search around the forums! There are plenty of answers.

WHATS DIFFERENT FROM 1.8.12
-All changes from 1.8.19 have been implemented: CHANGELOG
-All changes from 1.8.26 have been implemented: CHANGELOG
-All changes from 1.9.2 have been implemented: CHANGELOG
-All changes from 1.9.9 have been implemented: CHANGELOG

Enjoy!

DO NOT RESTORE WIFI SETTINGS FROM BACKUP APP, OR YOU WILL GET CONSTANT REBOOTS.

Instructions:
Put on SDCard
Boot to Clockwork Recovery, make a backup, and install zip from sdcard
Wipe Cache and Davlik Cache, no need to Wipe Data
Boot up and go to Superusers app (in Tools) and change ROOT Permissions to ON in settings

Download:
CLICK

Edited by droidxchat, 13 September 2011 - 04:18 PM.

• 0 Likes
Former MIUI dev for the DX

Buy Me a Drink << Be sure to leave your username in comments section so that I know who donated (I try to give donors' concerns a higher priority if I can)

Twitter: @DroidXChat

mmmeff

mmmeff

Dingus

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:33 PM #2

About to install this, but I just want to be sure: Is this safe to install over the D2 GB OTA update?
  • 0 Likes

johnjutrasii

johnjutrasii

Average Android

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:35 PM #3

About to install this, but I just want to be sure: Is this safe to install over the D2 GB OTA update?

No, it clearly says froyo kernel in the instructions
  • 0 Likes
Phone: RAZR MAXX
Get an extra 250mb free online storage (for both of us) on dropbox.com (here) that you can access from your phone anytime with this app.
Get an extra gig of storage (for both of us) on minus.com (here) that you can access from your phone anytime with this app.

aceoyame

aceoyame

Android Guru

• 2,155 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:25 PM #4

Can you PM me the files you've changed to both DX and D2 from the Milestone release? I wanna get a buildbot going for D2G. Also have you had any luck with GB? I have a preliminary list of files for it.
  • 0 Likes

mmmeff

mmmeff

Dingus

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:27 PM #5

No, it clearly says froyo kernel in the instructions

Ugh. I need to lay off the wacky tobaccy. Time to SBF.

...can't believe I missed that.
  • 0 Likes

UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca

Android Lover

• 164 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:32 PM #6

I messaged DXC on Sunday about porting MIUI over, and I wanted to publicly say thank you to him for the time and effort put into getting it ported over. It's nice to have MIUI updated on the D2.
  • 0 Likes

aceoyame

aceoyame

Android Guru

• 2,155 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:33 PM #7

Yes, having someone more cooperative than framework at giving out info will be a huge benefit for all three devices.
  • 0 Likes

UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca

Android Lover

• 164 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:41 PM #8

Yes, having someone more cooperative than framework at giving out info will be a huge benefit for all three devices.

It would be nice to have MIUI4D2 thrown into a build-bot to update weekly.
  • 0 Likes

aceoyame

aceoyame

Android Guru

• 2,155 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:32 PM #9

It would be nice to have MIUI4D2 thrown into a build-bot to update weekly.

Framework was working on that... I dunno how far he got with his. I want the list just so I can get D2G going since I am the maintainer for that. Although I can support D2 at least with my overlay since I could make a D2 version to flash it back.
  • 0 Likes

stonerdroid

stonerdroid

Average Android

• 148 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:16 PM #10

decent so far but wifi still looses connection once in a while. clean install nothing restored. thanks for the update!
  • 0 Likes