1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

(Q) Project Cheesecake, can it be done for DX?

• Please log in to reply

OP hoodlum47

hoodlum47

Android Apprentice

• 44 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:02 PM #1

First of all if you don't know what Project Cheesecake read the first post in this thread
http://rootzwiki.com...tloader-Project

Basically I see that there are two options for unlocking the Bionic's bootloader; 1. Getting our hands on a "special" SBF and/or XML.ZIP file that unlocks the bootloader for us or 2. Pulling random update files from Moto's dev site by modifying the server and method the device gets the OTA updates from in its system files, then ripping them apart to see if it can unlock a retail unit.

Option 2 is Project Cheesecake in a nutshell. I personally haven't checked my system for the files this post lists (because I'm not on Blur currently.) But before I do any of this I need confirmation from a serious expert that its available to our beloved Droid X.
  • 0 Likes

OP hoodlum47

hoodlum47

Android Apprentice

• 44 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:35 AM #2

Update: I figured out how to do this on the DX since I switched back to blur the proper folders and files needed to be created in /system/etc/motorola. I inputed the needed parameters in the xmls and wallah! My device is properly scanning the server now instead of saying system update is not available.
  • 1 Likes

razorloves

razorloves

Android Nut

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:34 AM #3

Update: I figured out how to do this on the DX since I switched back to blur the proper folders and files needed to be created in /system/etc/motorola. I inputed the needed parameters in the xmls and wallah! My device is properly scanning the server now instead of saying system update is not available.

Did you get to the point where it asks you to login?
  • 0 Likes

OP hoodlum47

hoodlum47

Android Apprentice

• 44 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:16 AM #4

Did you get to the point where it asks you to login?

Actually, I already pulled an update from one of the listed servers, the weird thing is is that when it asked me to download it the build number was .605 but the filename says .602 still. Plus it's only around 8MB in size so I doubt it contains anything useful, therefore I am NOT flashing it.
  • 0 Likes

xlinuxtrancex

xlinuxtrancex

Linux Dude

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:38 AM #5

What is the filename?

Edited by linuxtrance, 13 September 2011 - 10:41 AM.

• 0 Likes

OP hoodlum47

hoodlum47

Android Apprentice

• 44 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:48 AM #6

What is the filename?

The filename is "Blur_Version.4.5.602.MB810.Verizon.en.us.zip" and that's the same as the latest OTA update, but when I was prompted to download it it said 605 in 602's place plus it is about 3MB smaller than the OTA update so something has to be different.
  • 0 Likes

xlinuxtrancex

xlinuxtrancex

Linux Dude

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:11 AM #7

Would you mind sharing? I would like to check it out. If I feel good about it, ill flash tomorrow.
  • 0 Likes

OP hoodlum47

hoodlum47

Android Apprentice

• 44 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:35 AM #8

Okay, it's uploading now. Also, I'm going to continue scanning other servers for anything different.

EDIT:Here it is, http://www.mediafire...hrj0412g41fep6b

Edited by hoodlum47, 13 September 2011 - 11:38 AM.

• 0 Likes

xlinuxtrancex

xlinuxtrancex

Linux Dude

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:40 AM #9

If i had to guess, I would say it patches the latest gb root method. (Pure speculation).
  • 0 Likes

Snow02

Snow02

Android Lover

• 1,260 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:46 AM #10

Want to make it flashable in cwm and stay rooted?
  • 0 Likes