The2dCour - For providing the 5.6.890 Fastboot files
P3Droid and TBH - For leaking the 5.5.959 Fastboot files
The Ultimate "Unbricker" (LINK IN STEP 2)<-The only file needed is in step 2.
This will bring you to 5.6.890 even if you are on 5.5.959
1. Charge phone to at least 50%.
2. Download THIS (psouza4's 890 update script)
3. Extract the zip.
4. Open "Flash Verizon DROID 3 OTA 5.6.890 to phone_psouza4" folder.
5. Turn off phone.
6. Slide out keyboard and hold down M and Power button.(this will get you into Boot Mode Selection Menu)
7. Use Volume DOWN button to scroll the list down to "Recovery".
8. Use Volume UP button to select "Recovery".(you should see the !▲ and Robot)
9. Hold down Volume Up AND Volume Down.(this brings up the Recovery Menu)
10. Use Volume DOWN to scroll the list to "Wipe data/factory reset".
11. Use Power Button to select and once again to scroll down/select "Yes".
12. After the wipe is done return to "Boot Mode Selection Menu"
-Slide out keyboard and hold down M and Power button.(this will get you into Boot Mode Selection Menu)
13. Use Volume DOWN button to scroll the list down to "AP Fastboot".
14. Use Volume UP button to select "AP Fastboot".
15. Connect Droid 3 to PC using stock usb cable, if possible.(Your phone should say "USB Connected - OK to Program")
16. Back on your computer Double Click "CLICK HERE - Flash Verizon DROID 3 OTA 5.6.890 to phone.bat".
17. Sit back and enjoy as your phone is restored to 5.6.890.
-The script will copy/move/write the files to your phone, while doing this the phone will look like nothing is happening.
-But as long as the command window gives an "OKAY" for each step you are good to go.
-Your phone will now go back into recovery after all the files are sent and written to the phone.
-It takes maybe 5 minutes to copy and write files to phone, then another 5-10 for the phone to flash the files.
-The subsequent boot will be longer than usual and you will be brought to the "Touch the Android/Programming Screen".
*This method was used by me after I got a "Flash Failure (s)" message in the AP Fastboot screen after a failed flash using RSDLite.
** You will lose all data and have to re-program to get back on Verizon
*** You will not lose any Internal SD Card data
↓↓Other Fastboot Files and Methods↓↓
Stock Fastboot - Link to 5.5.959 files
OTA #1 Fastboot - Link to 5.6.890 files
Drivers: LINK to x64 drivers(64-bit) LINK to x86 drivers(32-bit)
Latest RSD Lite - Link to RSDLite 5.5
Older RSD Lite - Link to RSDLite 5.4.4
Windows Fastboot - Link to Moto-fastboot for Windows Credit to romracer
Mirror - Link to Moto-fastboot-win32
Linux/Mac Fastboot - Link to Moto-fastboot For Linux/Mac Credit to eval-
Help with unbricking on mac:
WARNING: For now it seems you cannot downgrade from 5.6.890 back to 5.5.959.
Trying to confirm, but in the meantime use caution!
Edited by slow88lx, 01 December 2011 - 07:51 AM.