1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Can't Boot Into The New Cwm Recovery? Here's A Quick Fix.

• Please log in to reply

Shane269

Shane269

Android Lover

• 462 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:18 PM #51

Once you start using ROM Manager, the Droid X and Droid X 2nd Init are the proper choices. In CM7, that's really all you should use.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

You can use Rom Manager on any rom that doesn't make any difference for which recovery you use.
The important designation is when using a second init Rom you must use a second init recovery. Always use the appropriate recovery for the Rom that you have installed.

Sent from my DROIDX running CM4DX-GB using RootzWiki Forums
  • 0 Likes

Barney Stinson

Barney Stinson

• 42 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:59 AM #52

can can one boot to cwm *AS* recovery? or boot to cwm from power+home boot *without* using rom manager?
  • 0 Likes
maintaining awesomeness: privacy protected by any means necessary

INt_Rnd_Pooka

INt_Rnd_Pooka

Android Master

• 3,956 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:23 AM #53

can can one boot to cwm *AS* recovery? or boot to cwm from power+home boot *without* using rom manager?

I don't know that you can on a device with a locked bootloader like the X, D2, and D2G. I'm thinking that would require being able to overwrite the original recovery, which is what causes the device to flip out in the first place. That being why we have to use 2nd init and hijacked bootloaders.
  • 0 Likes
Panhandling sucks, but if you feel the desire to throw change at me, here's my hat
Posts containing questions that have been answered time and time again may experience data corruption
Spelling, punctuation, and grammar count. We can't help each other if we don't understand each other.

OP DXC

DXC

Developer

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:39 AM #54

i dont mean for this to be a shameless MIUI plug, but on MIUI I added an option the power button's reboot menu to reboot straight to CWM, no rom manager required. we also use a custom bootmenu that allows you to go CWM recovery on bootup.

however, both of these essentially hijack the stock recovery. it can't be completely replaced.
  • 0 Likes
Former MIUI dev for the DX

Buy Me a Drink << Be sure to leave your username in comments section so that I know who donated (I try to give donors' concerns a higher priority if I can)

Twitter: @DroidXChat

INt_Rnd_Pooka

INt_Rnd_Pooka

Android Master

• 3,956 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:20 AM #55

i dont mean for this to be a shameless MIUI plug, but on MIUI I added an option the power button's reboot menu to reboot straight to CWM, no rom manager required. we also use a custom bootmenu that allows you to go CWM recovery on bootup.

however, both of these essentially hijack the stock recovery. it can't be completely replaced.

You can also boot to recovery from CM4DX power button menu. And that isn't a shameless MIUI plug! That's good solid information
  • 0 Likes
Panhandling sucks, but if you feel the desire to throw change at me, here's my hat
Posts containing questions that have been answered time and time again may experience data corruption
Spelling, punctuation, and grammar count. We can't help each other if we don't understand each other.

notfearsome

notfearsome

Average Android

• 9 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:37 PM #56

My sister's DX is rooted froyo OTA. when powered off, the plugged into charge, subsequently boots into CWM 5020. Reboot from CWD is a normal b
boot. On boot I use a script to copy the 5020 zip from the ROM manager data directory to overwrite the recovery.zip file itself.
  • 0 Likes

notfearsome

notfearsome

Average Android

• 9 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:40 PM #57

Oh that's not quite accurate. It is copied from /data/local to avoid sdcard mount delay
  • 0 Likes

joe772

joe772

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:54 AM #58

Hi I am having a hard time installing cyanogenmod on my brothers droid x. Thanks to this site I was able to successfully root and get into clockwork recovery. What a headache glad I have a thunderbolt. I can't flash though when I try it goes into clockwork wipes data and cache but fails the install. Any suggestions and any reason y cyanogenmod is not in Rom manager. I downloaded Rom directly from there site. If this Rom does not work any suggestions on a good stable Rom. Links will be appreciated and thank you for your time. I was able to do a back up good thing.
  • 0 Likes

razorloves

razorloves

Android Nut

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:36 PM #59

Hi I am having a hard time installing cyanogenmod on my brothers droid x. Thanks to this site I was able to successfully root and get into clockwork recovery. What a headache glad I have a thunderbolt. I can't flash though when I try it goes into clockwork wipes data and cache but fails the install. Any suggestions and any reason y cyanogenmod is not in Rom manager. I downloaded Rom directly from there site. If this Rom does not work any suggestions on a good stable Rom. Links will be appreciated and thank you for your time. I was able to do a back up good thing.

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/1458-how-to-installing-cm4dx-or-cm4dxgb/
  • 0 Likes

daxxone

daxxone

Android Apprentice

• 49 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:01 AM #60

CWR is showing as 5.0.2.3 for me. Application shows it only, and says 5.0.2.0 is the newest. Shows 5.0.2.0 in recovery. I think I got the zip and installed it in CWR from somebody in rootzwiki. Liquid will boot into CWR from power button menu.

Edited by daxxone, 14 November 2011 - 12:09 AM.

• 0 Likes