1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Can't Boot Into The New Cwm Recovery? Here's A Quick Fix.

• Please log in to reply

OP DXC

DXC

Developer

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:38 AM #1

I didn't have this bug so I wasn't able to test this fix, but Iceman0803 tested it for me.

Symptoms: After upgrading Rom Manager, or after a fresh Gingerbread SBF, you can't boot into ClockworkMod Recovery.

Reason: Rom Manager executes a script containing this code:

dd if=/sdcard/clockworkmod/download/download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-shadow.zip of=/preinstall/recovery/recovery.zip

It wants to convert and copy the new CWM Recovery package to your /preinstall/recovery/ folder. It always did this before, but the filesize of the new recovery has changed. This requires a certain amount of room... room you might not have given the new size, and given the fact that the Gingerbread SBF and All-in-One packages will put junk into your preinstall folder (if you're like Iceman0803, you're about .01mb shy of having enough room).

Solution:
1) Using root explorer, go to /preinstall/app/ and delete any apks you don't use (NFSShift is a great one to delete, its huge)

2) Reflash Clockworkmod Recovery in ROM Manager.

Now you can reboot to CWM Recovery through Rom Manager. Enjoy.

Edited by droidxchat, 28 November 2011 - 10:31 PM.

• 11 Likes
Former MIUI dev for the DX

Buy Me a Drink << Be sure to leave your username in comments section so that I know who donated (I try to give donors' concerns a higher priority if I can)

Twitter: @DroidXChat

INt_Rnd_Pooka

INt_Rnd_Pooka

Android Master

• 3,956 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:47 AM #2

Is that zip fine for second init or regular DX?
  • 0 Likes
Panhandling sucks, but if you feel the desire to throw change at me, here's my hat
Posts containing questions that have been answered time and time again may experience data corruption
Spelling, punctuation, and grammar count. We can't help each other if we don't understand each other.

OP DXC

DXC

Developer

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:57 AM #3

Woooppss, 2nd-init only! But I think those are the only people having the problem am I wrong?
  • 1 Likes

Buy Me a Drink << Be sure to leave your username in comments section so that I know who donated (I try to give donors' concerns a higher priority if I can)

INt_Rnd_Pooka

INt_Rnd_Pooka

Android Master

• 3,956 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:43 AM #4

That's what I need. Good deal. No flash?just copy and paste?
  • 0 Likes
Panhandling sucks, but if you feel the desire to throw change at me, here's my hat
Posts containing questions that have been answered time and time again may experience data corruption
Spelling, punctuation, and grammar count. We can't help each other if we don't understand each other.

OP DXC

DXC

Developer

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:54 AM #5

Yup, can't flash since u got no working cwm right?
  • 0 Likes

Blacksantron

Blacksantron

Android Apprentice

• 87 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:58 AM #6

Sweet! Worked for me thanks!
  • 0 Likes

INt_Rnd_Pooka

INt_Rnd_Pooka

Android Master

• 3,956 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:36 AM #7

Works great here too. Thank you
  • 0 Likes

nekrad420

nekrad420

Android Beginner

• 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:40 AM #8

This worked for me also! Thanks! I was bootlooping at the red M logo after installing cwm 5.0.2.0. Nice easy fix!
  • 0 Likes

Jnehama

Jnehama

Supporting Member

• 183 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:07 AM #9

I thought that 5.0.20 was for Droid X with or without 2nd init. That is the cwr that flashes by rom manager whether you hit dx or dx 2nd init.
  • 0 Likes

INt_Rnd_Pooka

INt_Rnd_Pooka

Android Master

• 3,956 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:44 AM #10

What REALLY pissed meoff is seeing a 98 mb NFS Shift file lurking in my /preinstall

That's stupid
  • 0 Likes