For Windows computers
Instructions to Root:
1. Make sure you have Motorola drivers installed - Motorola Drivers 32bit Motorola Drivers 64bit
2. Download the PetesMotorolaRootTools v1.05.zip file and unzip it to your Windows PC.
3. On your phone go into Settings>Applications>Development and check the box for USB Debugging.
4. Plug phone into your computer and select “Charge Only” mode.
5. Navigate to PetesMotorolaRootTools v1.05 folder and run Pete's Motorola Root Tools.exe.
6. Follow the instructions in the command window.
7. Your phone will complete 3 steps, rebooting along the way. When it finishes, you will be rooted.
Instructions to UnRoot:
1. Make sure the Motorola drivers are still installed.
2. Make sure USB Debugging is still selected.
3. Connect your Bionic to your computer.
4. Run the Pete's Motorola Root Tools.exe.
5. Select UnRoot My Phone at the bottom.
6. Your phone will reboot 3-4 times as the program goes through all 4 steps in the process.
For Linux and OSX CAN NOT UNROOT ON LINUX
This has been tested on Linux and OSX(also confirmed on Ubuntu 11.04)
Instructions should be the same as the Windows version above.
1. Download and Fully Unzip 'Droid Easy Root V7D.zip' - Droid Easy Root V7D
2. On your phone: Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging(check box)
3. Plug phone into computer and select "Charge Only" mode
4. Navigate to wherever you extracted it and run the file
5. Now just follow the instructions in the command window and unlock the phone after each reboot.
If you have problems with ADB or are getting errors try this. GUIDE ADB bug/problem FIX
Would like to thank all the People that made this possible
Edited by adroidman, 09 February 2012 - 04:41 PM.