Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Exhausted my resources

• Please log in to reply

OP stephatx05

stephatx05

Average Android

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:00 AM #1

So I bought my unlocked Galaxy Nexus last year in July and never had any problems until the last month. I have been experiencing dropped calls like crazy. I have unrooted my phone and even put it back to stock completely hoping this would resolve the issue but unfortunately it has not. I have master reset the phone twice and did not download any apps and still no go. When I had it rooted I swapped out 3 different roms and no go. I am having dropped calls everywhere, not just where I live or work. I have switched to 2g and still dropped calls. Since I bought the phone through google play store, would I have to go through Samsung or is there anything tmobile can do for me even though they dont sell the phone? I doubt it but its worth a shot maybe? My baseband is I9250XXLJ1 if that helps any and running Android 4.2.2.

Any help would be appreciated guys!
  • 0 Likes

Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

Android Guru

• 1,548 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:51 PM #2

Have you contacted T-Mobile to see if there is anything they can do on there end as far as updating the network/cell towers or soemthing? I doubt they will do anything for you as far as replacement goes so if there is nothing they can do to better the actual service, than I would contact Google about getting a replacement. Sounds hardware related to me.

Get a replacement, than sell it and upgrade to an N4.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using RootzWiki

Edited by Art Vandelay, 22 May 2013 - 01:52 PM.

• 0 Likes

DR3W5K1

DR3W5K1

Nexus Addict

• 651 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:38 PM #3

So I bought my unlocked Galaxy Nexus last year in July and never had any problems until the last month. I have been experiencing dropped calls like crazy. I have unrooted my phone and even put it back to stock completely hoping this would resolve the issue but unfortunately it has not. I have master reset the phone twice and did not download any apps and still no go. When I had it rooted I swapped out 3 different roms and no go. I am having dropped calls everywhere, not just where I live or work. I have switched to 2g and still dropped calls. Since I bought the phone through google play store, would I have to go through Samsung or is there anything tmobile can do for me even though they dont sell the phone? I doubt it but its worth a shot maybe? My baseband is I9250XXLJ1 if that helps any and running Android 4.2.2.

Any help would be appreciated guys!

I suggest trying some different radio packages. Otherwise sounds like your radio might be bad. Your phone is still under factory warranty so if it is hardware you need to contact Samsung. Could be Sim card related as well T-Mobile can help with that.

Edited by DR3W5K1, 22 May 2013 - 11:41 PM.

• 0 Likes

OP stephatx05

stephatx05

Average Android

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:33 AM #4

I have replaced the SIM card already hoping that would fix the issue. I called tmobile yesterday and only chatted online and from what they could tell me no issues with towers by work or home which is only a 5 miles radius. I'll try as a last resort changing my radio and if that doesn't work then I'll have to mail it back to Samsung :( the only problem with that is they do not send replacements only troubleshoot and fix the phone. I dont even know if thats worth my time or if I should just sell the phone. At a max, I'm looking at getting 150. I really didnt want to drop money on another phone until the nexus 5 came out or whatever its going to be. this sucks!
  • 0 Likes