Rate this Topic

- - - - -

ROOTING DROID BIONIC 4.1.2

• Please log in to reply

OP naturalstamina

naturalstamina

Android Lover

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:06 PM #1

I am attempting to root a Bionic for a friend and it is becoming more of a headache than anything. I've rooted many phones, learned the manual way with my Gnex, then upon getting a new one, choose to always use toolkits as its easier, and not really necessary to go through all the SDK set up for manual.

Anyways, im looking for a way to root. I've tried petes rootkit, and the one found here ... http://droidbionicro...torola-android/

all give me errors and fail to push the files.

Is root currently unavailable for the 4.1.2 bionic or am i missing something?
  • 0 Likes

mardoon

mardoon

Average Android

• 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:26 PM #2

No root on 4.1.2 yet ;(

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

TwinShadow

TwinShadow

The Shadow within Android

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:02 PM #3

The only way to obtain root is if you had root on ICS 4.0.4. If you had none and went straight to JB OTA, you're out of luck.
  • 0 Likes
Posted Image

H_U_N_T_E_R_3

H_U_N_T_E_R_3

Android Bricker/Fixer

• 135 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:43 AM #4

I do have root on ICS 4.0.4 but can't take the OTA update. I've downloaded it 4 times with no luck. Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? I used voodoo root keeper, defrosted apps, and disabled SU (as far as I know)

• 0 Likes

mardoon

mardoon

Average Android

• 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:59 AM #5

i just FXZ 4.0.4 using SamuriHL's House of Bionic. Thank You SamuriHL! then i took the update.and all is good.
  • 0 Likes

H_U_N_T_E_R_3

H_U_N_T_E_R_3

Android Bricker/Fixer

• 135 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:44 AM #6

So your on rooted jb?

• 0 Likes

Fadtydawg

Fadtydawg

Average Android

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:36 PM #7

:o

Edited by Fadtydawg, 26 April 2013 - 03:45 PM.

• 0 Likes

H_U_N_T_E_R_3

H_U_N_T_E_R_3

Android Bricker/Fixer

• 135 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:13 PM #8

Dang I was really hoping I wouldn't have to fxz this time. I've done this enough times, I should have known better lol
  • 0 Likes

TwinShadow

TwinShadow

The Shadow within Android

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:17 PM #9

http://rootzwiki.com...ost__p__1135553

This is how I managed to keep root after the OTA to JB. I basically started with a stock ICS (had TiBu backups, so not much would of been lost anyway), rooted it, used rootkeeper to make a backup, flashed the OTA update in stock recovery, let it do its thing, then followed the instructions I quoted there from that point. That's how I was able to keep root through the OTA. Of course, if flashing directly with the FXZ of JB, then there is no root exploit currently. At least we hope that'll change in the near future, but we'll see soon enough.
  • 0 Likes
Posted Image

kschang

kschang

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:31 PM #10

There's a mention of a Linux-only root (had something to do with a Linux Samba share) on DroidRzr forum by DJrBliss

http://www.droidrzr....ug-new-exploit/
  • 0 Likes