Which one is better and quicker

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  • 0 Likes

Jnehama

Jnehama

Supporting Member

• 183 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:16 PM #2

If you want to do any kind of theming you need deodexed version. Here's a good explanation :

http://www.droidxfor...lained-how.html

• 1 Likes

OP Franzferdinan51

Franzferdinan51

Android Apprentice

• 52 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:44 PM #3

Perfect exactly what I wanted thanks

• 0 Likes

PatHoge

PatHoge

Supporting Member

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:47 AM #4

Funny little misconception going around, apparently. P3Droid posted this on this twitter about a week ago.

This is going to be a very long post: This is for those who want to learn if not don't read. There is a misconception about odex/deodex and when it is needed. For this post I'm simply going to talke about framework and theming. You DO NOT need to deodex firmware to theme it or to change the framework. You only need to deodex firmware in order to use it across platforms. The obsession with deodex is unhealthy and leads people further from the truth. Themers can theme the entire firmware without needing to deodex the firmware, as the edits are being made in the .apk file. http://Framework-res.apk edits DO NOT need deodexed firmware to work properly. In the only important reason to deodex the X framework at all is so that you can change the services jar. Otherwise all the changes you are getting from themes can be done on an odexed firmware build. There are some more advanced things that can be done more easily on a deodexed build but are not needed at all.

• 0 Likes

zoe

zoe

Supporting Member

• 55 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:44 AM #5

if your looking at installing a well built rom, from reading what p3droid is saying it won't really matter if your odexed or deodexed. my preference is for deodexed, but I myself may have been uninformed... at least it makes the file folders less cluttered
  • 0 Likes