- - - - -

Audio output via USB?

• Please log in to reply

OP Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

Android Guru

• 1,548 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:21 AM #1

Is it possible to have audio output via the USB? If so what do I need?

I am looking to buy a dock and the dock will block the Aux jack, so I need to get audio to play via the USB. Its for my car stereo and I have aux inputs or audio inputs (the red and white cables) as options.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

DanBa

DanBa

Average Android

• 6 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:12 AM #2

Apparently, USB OTG can be enabled on Nexus 4.
http://www.head-fi.o...00#post_9340559

You can test such a USB-OTG enabled Nexus 4 with or without the USB Audio Recorder PRO available on Google Play Store.
  • 0 Likes

legendnexus

legendnexus

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:45 PM #3

Is it possible to have audio output via the USB? If so what do I need?

I am looking to buy a dock and the dock will block the Aux jack, so I need to get audio to play via the USB. Its for my car stereo and I have aux inputs or audio inputs (the red and white cables) as options.

Any improvements?
  • 0 Likes

OP Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

Android Guru

• 1,548 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:46 AM #4

Well I bought all the components, but haven't been able to test it out. Will probably do it this weekend.

I bought a slim port to get an HDMI signal from the USB of the N4. I also have an HDMI 2 AV convertor which will connect the slim port to the back of my head unit.

If it works, I should be able to get video and audio from my cars head unit. Which is nice since I can have Google maps display on the stereo and I dont have to worry about a dock for the phone.

• 0 Likes

yutsoku

yutsoku

Android Beginner

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:27 AM #5

Why didn't you just get something like thus...? http://www.amazon.co...d_M3PVub0CFHEGJ
  • 0 Likes