1. 0
  2. 0
  3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

3 votes

[ROM GUIDE] How to Update/Install Android 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4.2 Builds on the HP TouchPad

• Please log in to reply

nevertells

nevertells

Android Guru

• 4,695 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:14 PM #111

Is anybody having issues side loading apps? Edit: found a work around installed it with es explorer, wouldn't install with stock cm download app

Sent from my skz_tenderloin using RootzWiki

Even with "Allow unknown sources" checked in settings?
  • 0 Likes

Atlasstorm

Atlasstorm

Android Beginner

• 8 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:06 PM #112

Even with "Allow unknown sources" checked in settings?

Yeah wouldn't work for me? The page would pop saying are you sure you want to install but the install button is inactive?

• 0 Likes

nevertells

nevertells

Android Guru

• 4,695 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:16 AM #113

Yeah wouldn't work for me? The page would pop saying are you sure you want to install but the install button is inactive?

Yeah, the stock file browser is just something the CM team threw in. I've never tried it. I like Rom Toolbox Lite for all my file browsing and other functions. Same reason I don't use Trebuchet. It's functional, but does not have all the bell and whistles of the after market launchers.
  • 0 Likes

rickpub

rickpub

Android Beginner

• 19 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:25 PM #114

Installed the SGA cm10.1 over jcsullens 10.0, jb 4.1 and no sound. Strange, otherwise works well. Any ideas? Thanks

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

nevertells

nevertells

Android Guru

• 4,695 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:23 PM #115

Installed the SGA cm10.1 over jcsullens 10.0, jb 4.1 and no sound. Strange, otherwise works well. Any ideas? Thanks

Any time one installs another developer's build over someone else's, there is always the chance of anomalies. Try clean installing SGA's rom and see how it works.
  • 1 Likes

OP RolandDeschain79

RolandDeschain79

Android Adventurer

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:17 PM #116

You might want to try running the WebOS doctor 3.0.5 after you uninstall Android. The A 6 firmware is known to be flaky and it could improve your battery drain during sleep. Please let us know if you are able to resolve this problem.

Also you might want to try Shumash's latest Schizoid Rom, its a newer build and the camera works.

[ROM][ALPHA][CM10.1]<KANG>SCHIZOID 2.00 All-in-One [11Aprl3] By shumash

Edited by RolandDeschain79, 16 April 2013 - 05:17 PM.

• 0 Likes

Gradular

Gradular

Android Master

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:09 AM #117

You might want to try running the WebOS doctor 3.0.5 after you uninstall Android. The A 6 firmware is known to be flaky and it could improve your battery drain during sleep. Please let us know if you are able to resolve this problem.

Also you might want to try Shumash's latest Schizoid Rom, its a newer build and the camera works.

[ROM][ALPHA][CM10.1]SCHIZOID 2.00 All-in-One [11Aprl3] By shumash

Two things I've noticed in this. Can't get Dolphin to load and bmw doesn't get history while sleeping for me.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using RootzWiki

Edited by Gradular, 17 April 2013 - 04:14 AM.

• 0 Likes

Motorola I1, Samsung Transform Ultra(rooted) running 2.3.6 via ff27 forcedROM
Touchpad running cm7 a3.5, cm9 a0, cm9 a0.5, cm9 a0.6 nightly, cm9 a1.0, cm9 a2.0, cm9 nightlies, cm 9 weeklies, cm 10 previews cm10.1 Milaq, cm10.2 Milaq cm11 by invisblek
Samsung Galaxy tab running cm10, cm10.1 experimental, cm10.1 nightlies, cody's cm10.2, cm10.2 nightlies  cm11 by codyf86

All the TouchPad PC files in a few simple clicks. How to change your data, system, and cache sizes

nevertells

nevertells

Android Guru

• 4,695 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:00 AM #118

Two things I've noticed in this. Can't get Dolphin to load and bmw doesn't get history while sleeping for me.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using RootzWiki

Shumash has done a lot of customization in that rom and I wouldn't be surprised you find things that are broke.
  • 0 Likes

rickpub

rickpub

Android Beginner

• 19 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:52 PM #119

[ROM][ALPHA][CM10.1]SCHIZOID 2.00 All-in-One [11Aprl3] By shumash

Thanks, I ended up restoring a baseline nandroid that I made back in December on my first install of cm10. I then installed over that an everything plus sound worked. Just finished restoring my apps and all is well.
  • 0 Likes

nevertells

nevertells

Android Guru

• 4,695 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:59 PM #120

[ROM][ALPHA][CM10.1]<KANG>SCHIZOID 2.00 All-in-One [11Aprl3] By shumash

Do you know if running Web OS Dr really fixes the a6 controller problem? Has anyone else tried it? Still haven't gotten an answer about running the debricking process to fix it. Or should I say a Readers Digest version of the debricking.
  • 0 Likes