- - - - -

LiquidICS v1.62 [unofficial port] - 06/19/13

• Please log in to reply

joeblow789

joeblow789

Androidian

• 301 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:01 PM #21

...I don't have the same problems you have, the only issues for me are FM radio doesn't work (no biggie) ..

Flashing this zip in CWM recovery should get your FM working on a CDMA only D2 running Gingerbread.  It's not perfect, but does mostly work:

http://forum.xda-dev...70#post28061870

• 1 Likes

crunchmatic

crunchmatic

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:56 AM #22

I tried that FM Radio fix, but it didn't work for me.  Thanks though.

• 0 Likes

Sheumais

Sheumais

Average Android

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:06 PM #23

Just put this on my D2.  We'll see how it goes.

Edited by Sheumais, 19 December 2013 - 06:49 PM.

• 0 Likes

mdroid2

mdroid2

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:15 PM #24

I installed this rom on my Droid 2 CDMA (A955), so far everything is running smooth, except FM Radio isn't working as I'm sure its not fixed yet by any dev.

Other than that, my most concern is that my battery life charged from 100% would drop to 80% within 20 mins of usage or standby and drop to 50%, etc....

But when I'm in CM7.2 rom my battery life is fantastic I will charge my phone once or twice a day depending on my usage, sometime I don't have to charged my phone and still leave me at 80% life of battery usage. So my question is, is this liquid ICS rom is stable on battery life or not? I know and can confirm that my battery is not dead or exhausted as I have test 4 batteries that I own for my droid 2. I hope someone can give me some tips or answer my question.

• 0 Likes

DR3W5K1

DR3W5K1

Nexus Addict

• 651 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:57 PM #25

I installed this rom on my Droid 2 CDMA (A955), so far everything is running smooth, except FM Radio isn't working as I'm sure its not fixed yet by any dev.
Other than that, my most concern is that my battery life charged from 100% would drop to 80% within 20 mins of usage or standby and drop to 50%, etc....
But when I'm in CM7.2 rom my battery life is fantastic I will charge my phone once or twice a day depending on my usage, sometime I don't have to charged my phone and still leave me at 80% life of battery usage. So my question is, is this liquid ICS rom is stable on battery life or not? I know and can confirm that my battery is not dead or exhausted as I have test 4 batteries that I own for my droid 2. I hope someone can give me some tips or answer my question.

As far as I can remember that's just how ICS roms are
  • 0 Likes

Izaa99

Izaa99

Average Android

• 5 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:44 PM #26

Two things to try, if you used a computer/USB battery charger then power off the phone, remove the battery, pop it back in, then power it back on.  Use only the A/C USB charger to charge it up and then see if the battery is still draining really fast.  The other thing to try is to remove the auto-brightness setting.  Set it manually and check if the battery is still draining really fast (I remember one of the the ICS ROMs on D2 having the same issues with auto-brightness, even setting it to the highest brightness drains less battery then setting it to auto for whatever reason).  If none of these help, check your battery settings and see if the phone is always staying awake when the screen is off / get a wakelock detector to track down the culprit.

• 0 Likes

canufrank

canufrank

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 08:53 PM #27

Nobody is following this thread. OP hasn't been on RootzWiki in a year. Thought I'd post anyway :emoji_u1f603: . If anybody has suggestions, please let me know. Else, this might prove informational.

Both "Amazon Fire TV Remote App" (published by Amazon Mobile LLC) and Kore (the Kodi remote, published by XBMC Foundation) will break wireless networking if installed...

The device will get a (correctly) assigned IP from the DHCP server (even if static). However, no devices other than the gateway are visible and the internet is inaccessible.

One common permission from both apps is "allow Wi-Fi Multicast reception" and I suspect this is the problem with the ROM.

(Other common permissions like "view Wi-Fi connections", "view network connections" and "full network access" are in use by other apps that are not breaking wireless [like Apps2Fire by Koni], so I assume they are not at fault.)

ps I'd love to know what the chances are of getting KitKat on this ancient little device.

• 0 Likes