Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Optional:: Custom Settings

Requires Root:: Yes

Android Version:: 4.0.4 (ICS)

Source::

Version 1.62

Rom Features

• Extremely responsive, slim, resource friendly UI
  • Backup/Restore Liquid Control configurations so you can reflash and retain your personal UI/ROM customizations (note this does not apply to any of the settings under the goodies section) -- Not working right now
  • Liquid Control,allows for manipulation, customization, and optimization of nearly every area of this ROM.
  • Full screen mode (upper left of power menu birdie!)
  • More Incremental Navbar Heights to tweak the size just to your liking!
  • 5 Lockscreen targets w custom / ICS system icon support
  • Customizable Navbarbackground color,button glow speed.
  • Center clock mod/customizable Color
  • Lockscreen / Weather feature
  • Calendar / Lockscreen customization
  • Customizable battery icons
  • PropModder, a new convient way to edit your build.prop with the flick of a finger!
  • Theme Engine support!
  • SQLite Defrag
  • Dynamic (built into ROM) changelog!
  • Uniform ICS theme throughout the rom...
  • And Much much more!

===================================================================================

It is with great pleasure that we are here to announce the arrival of Liquid - Ice Cream Sandwhich (toro / maguro) V 1.5. V1.5 is without a doubt a Milestone release for us. It brings to the table unmatched customization & user- control, while providing excellent battery life, rock strength stability, & speed only a Liquid Smooth Rom could deliver. It truly marks a step towards the goal of our project *to bring slim & flawless firmware to the toro / maguro & to get the utmost out of your "phone!" A very big thank you to our beta testers & IRC channel community members / Liquid Smooth family, as well as all of you here at Rootzwiki! The entire Team is stoked about this release & we are certain that you'll love it, to! Please, enjoy! Also, stay tuned, as 1.X is in the works as I type...

Also, if you guys have a concern that we cannot adress here in the Rootzwiki thread, or youd like to contribute a great new idea for improving our project, we welcome you to join us @ IRC.FREENODE.NET; #LIQUIDS.

===================================================================================

It is with great pleasure that we are here to announce the arrival of Liquid - Ice Cream Sandwhich (toro / maguro) V 1.5. V1.5 is without a doubt a Milestone release for us. It brings to the table unmatched customization & user- control, while providing excellent battery life, rock strength stability, & speed only a Liquid Smooth Rom could deliver. It truly marks a step towards the goal of our project *to bring slim & flawless firmware to the toro / maguro & to get the utmost out of your "phone!" A very big thank you to our beta testers & IRC channel community members / Liquid Smooth family, as well as all of you here at Rootzwiki! The entire Team is stoked about this release & we are certain that you'll love it, to! Please, enjoy! Also, stay tuned, as 1.X is in the works as I type...

Also, if you guys have a concern that we cannot adress here in the Rootzwiki thread, or youd like to contribute a great new idea for improving our project, we welcome you to join us @ IRC.FREENODE.NET; #LIQUIDS.

Version 1.62

- "B" key should be fixed! (let me know, as I can't test it)

- Ability to set Hostname like in CM9 (Settings -> Developer Options -> Set Hostname)

YOU DO NOT NEED TO FLASH GAPPS WITH THIS ROM, THEY ARE INCLUDED.

===========================================

Liquid ICS v1.62 ( Motorola Droid 2 )

MD5: 4fbd85d176047f2cd048a2a1216b0d72

liquid_droid2-ics-v1.62.zip

Version 1.6

- Full HWA

- Replaced Music app with Apollo app

- Replaced Superuser with SuperSU

- Multiple .png updates

- various build.prop and init.d updates

- latest CM9 repo updates

YOU DO NOT NEED TO FLASH GAPPS WITH THIS ROM, THEY ARE INCLUDED.

Liquid ICS v1.6 ( Motorola Droid 2 )

MD5: 558d281c419eee5d609fa0f6940b158c

liquid_droid2-ics-v1.6.zip

Installation

• Ensure that you are on a Gingerbread kernel
  • Make sure you are rooted and have Droid 2 Bootstrapper installed (or recovery via Rom Manager)
  • Download zip and verify md5sum
  • Boot into ClockworkMod recovery
  • Wipe data/factory reset
  • Install zip from sdcard (install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard -> liquid_droid2-ics-v1.6.zip)
  • Reboot and enjoy!

Thanks

• The entire liquid team for the rom (and the top half of the OP)
  • Bikedude880 for the initial device trees
  • Jonman409 for picking up cm9 and doing sooooo much work to it. Without it ICS roms for this device would not be where they are.
  • x13thangelx for originally porting this and integrating HWA
  • Everyone who tested and provided feedback

Notes

• Because this is not an official port do not report issue's to the Liquid team, report them in this thread please.
  • This will NOT be updated to JB.
  • I have not tested every single aspect of this rom so if you notice a problem please bring it to my attention, preferably accompanied by a logcat
  • Source: http://github.com/liquid-moto

Edited by roeblatt3, 19 June 2013 - 10:10 AM.

• 5 Likes

joeblow789

joeblow789

Androidian

• 301 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:24 AM #2

Nice to have another D2 kang, thanks! For the ignorant and/or lazy, what're the differences between yours & Dubbsy's LiquiKang?
  • 0 Likes

Dubbsy

Dubbsy

My posts are made of bacon

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:38 PM #3

Nice to have another D2 kang, thanks! For the ignorant and/or lazy, what're the differences between yours & Dubbsy's LiquiKang?

Mine is kanged off of this directly. He sent me links and I verified their successful boot before I started my latest kang.

The major differences are the apps that are included and all the settings are tweaked.

Sent from my liquikanged droid x
  • 1 Likes
Currently working on Google Edition for VZW gs4 & BluKuban for VZW gs4
LiquiKang for DX/D2/D2g

mightysween

mightysween

Android Beginner

• 9 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:13 AM #4

Very nice, only issue is that the pesky b-key prob from earlier ics builds is back. No b on the hardware keyboard.

Edited by mightysween, 01 April 2013 - 06:15 AM.

• 0 Likes

longpaw

longpaw

Average Android

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:56 PM #5

everything works very well except for one little thing. the b key on the physical keyboard is not working.
  • 0 Likes

mkoyskip

mkoyskip

Average Android

• 6 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:55 PM #6

Does anyone else have this issue: every time I reboot it goes to recovery - reboot after that and it is back to android.

I browsed through the 1.5 thread but didn't see anything there either.
  • 0 Likes
Been out of android for a while

Thanks for ANY insight, Peace

bebilakner

bebilakner

• 58 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:29 AM #7

Does anyone else have this issue: every time I reboot it goes to recovery - reboot after that and it is back to android.

I browsed through the 1.5 thread but didn't see anything there either.

It has been discussed. Even if it shows marked option as reboot, the active option is recovery, so all you have to do is select recovery-reboot-ok and it works
  • 1 Likes

elvin1500

elvin1500

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:00 PM #8

Hello, im new to this. the rom is great. i had a question on the physical keyboard. it doesnt work properly, wondering if anybody else was having that problem. is there a way to fix it. ?

• 0 Likes

OP roeblatt3

roeblatt3

Android Tweaker

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:34 AM #9

I had been working on the next update, but I just moved and haven't been able to hook my build box back up yet. It'll only be minor stuff ("B" key fix and a couple other things), but I wanted to let everyone know since I've been MIA for the past week or two.
  • 4 Likes

OP roeblatt3

roeblatt3

Android Tweaker

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:11 AM #10

OP updated with new build.
  • 3 Likes