- - - - -

[Touchdroid Official Thread - Will get updated]

• This topic is locked

OP rhcp011235

rhcp011235

Account Disabled

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:03 PM #1

Hello Rootzwiki and All fans and Supporters:

Touchdroid is glad to bring you the first and only working FULL TOUCHSCREEN SUPPORT! SPECIAL THANKS GO TO FLEMMARD ON THE TEAM! FOR LONG HARD WORK!

This has turned into a large group effort over at irc.freenode.net #touchdroid and our private members. I am very glad to see things going well. And, I want to thank everyone involved.

-1st rule is no ETA's!
There is no ETA. There never will be. So, do not ask. Why? Because we have no idea ourselves.*

-Will we give status updates?
No. We have no plans to give public status updates until something is wroth saying and/or showing. If we do it will be on via RootzWiki. I may also give occasional updates via twitter @rhcp011235 and @HPTouchDroid

-What doesn't work?
Everything except basic booting + working touchscreen which was #1 and we got full 10 finger touchscreen.

Please keep this thread clean. It will be moderated and dealt with accordingly.

NEW CLEAR VIDEO: Thanks to fnj

VIDEO:*http://team-touchdroid.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZwhbJiad8Y

Special Thanks and Credits: fnj00 for hosting and his amazing video talent and editing :) , Flemmard for his amazing touchscreen work,
  • 9 Likes
[ If you like my work feel free to donate ]

OP rhcp011235

rhcp011235

Account Disabled

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:04 PM #2

Reserved
  • 0 Likes
[ If you like my work feel free to donate ]

altimax98

altimax98

Android Junkie

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:10 PM #3

sweet! Now don't take the as an eta question, but what are the next obstacles, like whats working and what's not at this time?
  • 0 Likes

piiman

piiman

Android Lover

• 232 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:18 PM #4

I can hardly wait to do a 10 finger gesture ;-)
  • 0 Likes

cbishop

cbishop

Android Beginner

• 4 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:21 PM #5

altimax98- see above, copied here

"-What doesn't work?
Everything except basic booting + working touchscreen which was #1 and we got full 10 finger touchscreen.

Please keep this thread clean. It will be moderated and dealt with accordingly.

NEW CLEAR VIDEO: Thanks to fnj"
  • 0 Likes

lmbebo

lmbebo

Android Beginner

• 14 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:25 PM #6

Hi

I'm sure you guys have this internally, but I'm wondering if someone created a wiki page or something where you guys mapped out milestones. First was multi boot, second was multi-touch on the screen, next will be the wifi driver, etc.

I believe the idroid project has something similar and it'll give people an idea of whats being worked on, whats working, etc.

Just a thought.

Love the work. Good luck!
  • 0 Likes

dalingrin

dalingrin

Developer

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:26 PM #7

Why is there no mention of the original writers of this code? Jonpry and Green from the CM team deserve credit.
  • 15 Likes

The_Truth

The_Truth

Android Beginner

• 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:26 PM #8

Not wanting to put a dampener on things, but there should be considerable credit given also to green-- and jonpry, for their work at CyanogenMod in getting the touchscreen working for single touches.

What is unfortunately omitted from this was that their work was essential to this development by Flemmard.

Credit where credit is due :)
  • 0 Likes

fattire

fattire

Developer

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:37 PM #9

hey rhcp--

I'm sure you forgot to mention that original code from the CM team (green-- and jonpry) was um, discovered in pastebin and used to make this demo.

Please correct asap.

ft
  • 4 Likes

x.v_

x.v_

Android Apprentice

• 120 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:01 PM #10

Why is there no mention of the original writers of this code? Jonpry and Green from the CM team deserve credit.

[snip]

CM team rocks.

Mod Edit: That was unnecessary

Edited by Jaxidian, 06 September 2011 - 03:14 PM.
Removing an unnecessary part of the comment

• 0 Likes