Rate this Topic

- - - - -

maguro/toro/toroplus nightly discussion

• Please log in to reply

OP dg4prez

dg4prez

Team Liquid

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:51 AM #1

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. The team is composed of former members of Team Liquid who have forked the code in an attempt to bring greater speed, better coding, and full authorship to code. We are in no way affiliated with Liquid0624. The rom was forked at Liquid beta 3.2.1 and has since undergone major code changes and modifications. Please note that on some devices the kernel is not yet linaro compiled.

We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Screenshots:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Carbon Updates:

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users!

Download Carbon:

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features can be found on our goo.im page.

http://goo.im/devs/carbon

Who is Team Carbon?

andros11

BigShotRob

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

ToxicThunder

winner00

Our next goal is to put together a build machine, and we need your help. Why do we need a server? Well, a few reasons. The first is the most obvious - we'd like to build more frequently and need the hardware to support it. That means drive space and speed. The more of each we have, the more we can say "hey let's crank out a build," and throw it up on goo so you see an update in goomanager. Right now, building is a pretty intensive all-day process. The second reason is stability. Building from a development machine means that the environment itself is less stable. This translates into, again, fewer builds and more work to make them. Faster building means we can build for more devices, too. All this free time means we can do more cool stuff. We've got a lot of great ideas coming, and every bit of time we can get to work on them means a better rom for you. If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

Posted Image

• 0 Likes
Derek - Team Carbon

Follow us on Facebook, Google+, and Twitter for all things Carbon! | #teamcarbon in irc.freenode.net

Nickamina

Nickamina

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:07 AM #2

Maguro nightlies don't flash at all. Haven't worked since day 1.

"Error 6" cited while flashing causing it to fail immediately.
Reported multiple times in the XDA thread but builds are still being generated with it and we haven't heard anything from Carbon on the subject.

See:
http://forum.xda-dev...2136851&page=63

Thanks
  • 0 Likes

nocoast

nocoast

Android Guru

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:27 AM #3

You have heard (or should i say, the word has been put out) things from carbon on the subject as i posted over at xda that ive been working on fixing this issue...that said this one is pretty mysterious, we just found a redundant listing in one of our makefiles that may be causing the odd behaviour...a test build is going to run and be uploaded shortly from our newest jenkins node in the next hr or two...hoefully it will solve our issues.
  • 0 Likes

manguszen

manguszen

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:43 AM #4

This is my take on this..quoting myself from XDA:
That's interesting indeed... so, I took the last working updater-script (1.5beta) and compare it with the last one (14mar).
Only 3 lines were added:

symlink("/system/xbin/su", "/system/bin/su");
ui_print("Fixing fs_size in crypto footer...");
assert(samsung.fs_size_fix());

they all seems correct to me...

then I edited the working script with that, adding the lines
just in case I converted again the script to linux EOL format with dos2unix ( I use linux as my main OS)
I put my script in the archive ,resigned the zip and flash..still error 6...I'm clueless now
If nocoast will show up here maybe can explain better what's goin' on

EDIT SOLVED:

got it working using updater script from toro zip (!) , that doesn't contain this lines btw
EDIT 2:

adding those lines to the toro working script, breaks the zip , so the problem is almost probably there...

Edited by manguszen, 14 March 2013 - 08:06 AM.

• 0 Likes

fhblake04

fhblake04

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:54 AM #5

3-14 toro nightly working well for me.
  • 1 Likes

clearyt1

clearyt1

• 51 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:11 AM #6

+1. Working great! Like the Graphite mode--blacked out Messaging and menu styling is pretty cool.
  • 1 Likes

nocoast

nocoast

Android Guru

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:56 AM #7

This is my take on this..quoting myself from XDA:
That's interesting indeed... so, I took the last working updater-script (1.5beta) and compare it with the last one (14mar).
Only 3 lines were added:

symlink("/system/xbin/su", "/system/bin/su");

they all seems correct to me...

then I edited the working script with that, adding the lines
just in case I converted again the script to linux EOL format with dos2unix ( I use linux as my main OS)
I put my script in the archive ,resigned the zip and flash..still error 6...I'm clueless now
If nocoast will show up here maybe can explain better what's goin' on

EDIT SOLVED:

got it working using updater script from toro zip (!) , that doesn't contain this lines btw
EDIT 2:

adding those lines to the toro working script, breaks the zip , so the problem is almost probably there...

This is where im at at the moment with it...Toro script used to work and now it doesnt :/ Ive got a loander maguro with me and this is baffling me with how much of a pain this is becoming :/
  • 0 Likes

cjkacz

cjkacz

Super User

• 292 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:10 AM #8

Mine works great as well!
  • 1 Likes

manguszen

manguszen

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:15 AM #9

This is where im at at the moment with it...Toro script used to work and now it doesnt :/ Ive got a loander maguro with me and this is baffling me with how much of a pain this is becoming :/

I used toro script of 12 march and it worked, dunno the latest..

sent from Vega gnex
  • 0 Likes

scotttr

scotttr

• 45 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:07 PM #10

toro - 3/14 nightly

The menu layout and graphite mode look great

Here's a few bugs I've noticed, anyone else get these?(I assume you want to verify the bugs before posting in the bug tracker forum or should I post there?)

-Whenever I toggle the expanded desktop pie stops working - all I have to do to get it working again is go into settings and open the pie menu.
-F-Charge not working for me(statusbar toggle, indicator works if I toggle it with an app).
-If I set a lockscreen wallpaper or color the bottom part of the screen(where the nav bar is) shows my desktop.
-Navbar toggle under carbon actions is not working
-I can't see calander events on my lockscreen the weather shows.(I know I can see it if it is maximized, but I want it to look lke your screenshots)

Is there a changelog somewhere for the nightlys? It'd be easier to give feedback if we knew what was changed. Maybe a list of known issues too.
Are you taking feature requests?
A toggle (shortcut) for the torch(something I can set in the navmenu or as a lockscreen target).
A toggle (shortcut) for expanded desktop (secure settings does this, but baked in would be better).
A kill all button for the recents screen.(nvm found it, any chance of putting it on the left? or an option?)
An option to return to last app after a call instead of the call log

Edited by scotttr, 14 March 2013 - 08:02 PM.

• 0 Likes