- - - - -

[KERNEL MODULE] CM 10.1 Easycap Module

• Please log in to reply

Rage2

Rage2

• 24 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:30 PM #471

Hi!  Good news!

No more need at modules or kernel support easycap device! No root!

Now! Needs Only APK!
https://play.google.....easycap.viewer

ONLY for EasyCap versions with chips: utv007 and stk1160

• 0 Likes

MetalMan

MetalMan

Android Lover

• 223 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:10 PM #472

Hi!  Good news!

No more need at modules or kernel support easycap device! No root!

Now! Needs Only APK!
https://play.google.....easycap.viewer

ONLY for EasyCap versions with chips: utv007 and stk1160

I asked this same question in our conversation but others may also be interested in the answer: if we are using a kernel which was compiled with the STK1160 driver, should we switch to the kernel without this driver? Or is it okay to use the STK1160 kernel with your EasyCap Viewer app?

• 0 Likes

Rage2

Rage2

• 24 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 08:08 AM #473

I asked this same question in our conversation but others may also be interested in the answer: if we are using a kernel which was compiled with the STK1160 driver, should we switch to the kernel without this driver? Or is it okay to use the STK1160 kernel with your EasyCap Viewer app?

I recommend removing old modules(maybe turn off in /etc/init.d/your_script) and uninstall application(carcam)

reboot

and install new Easycap Viewer.

Edited by Rage2, 28 February 2015 - 08:09 AM.

• 0 Likes

MetalMan

MetalMan

Android Lover

• 223 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:14 PM #474

Easycap Viewer was just updated 2 days ago, and since then it has been working VERY well for me.

For the first time ever I have a reliable backup camera setup!

It opens every time, and doesn't "phantom" open from false camera signals.

• 0 Likes

yayitspawn

yayitspawn

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 12:39 AM #475

Easycap Viewer was just updated 2 days ago, and since then it has been working VERY well for me.

For the first time ever I have a reliable backup camera setup!

It opens every time, and doesn't "phantom" open from false camera signals.

I'm also trying to make the switch from the buggy CarCam to the EasyCap Viewer. Did you ever switch kernels or just uninstall CarCam and used the same STK1160? My EasyCap Viewer has not be detecting any devices even though my CarCam did.

• 0 Likes

yayitspawn

yayitspawn

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 12:39 AM #476

I recommend removing old modules(maybe turn off in /etc/init.d/your_script) and uninstall application(carcam)

reboot

and install new Easycap Viewer.

How do I remove old modules? I'm not sure how to get to /etc/init.d/your_script.

• 0 Likes

MetalMan

MetalMan

Android Lover

• 223 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 05:46 AM #477

I'm also trying to make the switch from the buggy CarCam to the EasyCap Viewer. Did you ever switch kernels or just uninstall CarCam and used the same STK1160? My EasyCap Viewer has not be detecting any devices even though my CarCam did.

My ROM is USB ROM, and while I used CarCam I used the kernel that somebody made which included a built-in STK1160 driver/module.

So when I switched to EasyCap Viewer, I extracted the original USB ROM kernel from the USB ROM install file, then flashed back the original USB ROM kernel.

I don't this EasyCap Viewer will work well or at all while using a kernel with built-in STK1160 driver.

• 0 Likes

yayitspawn

yayitspawn

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 01:57 PM #478

My ROM is USB ROM, and while I used CarCam I used the kernel that somebody made which included a built-in STK1160 driver/module.

So when I switched to EasyCap Viewer, I extracted the original USB ROM kernel from the USB ROM install file, then flashed back the original USB ROM kernel.

I don't this EasyCap Viewer will work well or at all while using a kernel with built-in STK1160 driver.

Good call. Just flashed the USB Rom kernel and the EasyCap Viewer immediately detected my STK1160. It's working great now thanks!

Are you also getting delays when signal is detected/loss?

• 0 Likes

MetalMan

MetalMan

Android Lover

• 223 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:24 AM #479

Good call. Just flashed the USB Rom kernel and the EasyCap Viewer immediately detected my STK1160. It's working great now thanks!

Are you also getting delays when signal is detected/loss?

Very cool, it's nice when the fix is simple.

There's about a 2 second delay before EasyCap Viewer opens after engaging my reverse gear, and roughly the same after disengaging reverse. To me this is "good enough".

• 0 Likes

mihalace

mihalace

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:16 AM #480

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with my Nexus 7 v 2012 3g version for car.I have Timur and I have a problem with my easycap UTV007 A192363.1-2 1552L 1BK1.

If I reset ta tablet to factory reset is working until the first reset ,after that is not working anymore

If I go to USB host I can see usbtv007 fushicai but in easycap app doesn't detect.

I have kernel version 3.1.10-g25ab3af Timur-USBhost-Fl-2013-08-17@hexa #1 

Can you please guys help me?

Thanks,

• 0 Likes