Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Cobalt S1000 Tablet - Help

• Please log in to reply

OP hak2301

hak2301

• 38 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:47 AM #1

Hi. I know this isn't the right place for this post, but I'm just hoping someone can help. My friend bought her daughter a Cobalt S1000 tablet from e-bay for Christmas. it's running 4.0. I've never heard of Cobalt and can't find much info online. It's been stuck in a bootloop since they took it out of the box. It has never booted up, not even once. She's tried contacting the seller with no luck. She tried to do a hard reset by holding down the volume rocker and powering it on and the attached is all that happens. Tapping the volume buttons does not bring up a menu or anything. I would be grateful for any suggestions.
Tab.jpg
  • 0 Likes

justinwk91

justinwk91

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:11 PM #2

Good news for you. I just recently bought this tablet and I know some info about it now. I have extensively played around with it. You CAN restore it to working order but you WILL need some advanced technical knowledge. The rom you need to download to restore it is located at http://download.gocl...103_120824x.zip You will also need a program called LiveSuit. You will need to have the tablet completely off. Hold the Volume Down key (the one further from power button) and plug in the USB. After the cable is plugged, keep holding vol down and press power 6 times. Your computer will find a new device. This is where LiveSuit comes in. I will try to help you find the link to a tutorial of this process if you're interested.

Edited by justinwk91, 14 March 2013 - 10:13 PM.

• 0 Likes

user7777

user7777

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:38 AM #3

Hi justinwk91, I am also looking to root my cobalt s1000. Could you post the link to the tutorial you mentioned above. Greately appreciated.
  • 0 Likes

justinwk91

justinwk91

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:05 PM #4

If you want to fully root this tablet follow this tutorial (use "Normal Mode"):
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1886460

It's not too hard. I assume you actually meant you want to root it. If you have an issue with the tablet and need to get it working again use the ROM in the link I posted above with LiveSuit from GoClever's website.
  • 0 Likes

pthurman48

pthurman48

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:26 AM #5

Hello all,
I have cobalt s1000 and I have flashed it with the rom in the post at start of thread. The flashing woked fine and so does the tablet. It is in root, but there is no pl2303.ko driver in the firmware. I have found one, but I don't think it works. The bu-353s4 is not found when I connect it to the s1000. Where and how do you/I find the firmware for s1000 tablet? what all works? Why did you pick the firmware from GoClever?

thanks for your help
  • 0 Likes

pyoung215

pyoung215

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:47 AM #6

Good news for you. I just recently bought this tablet and I know some info about it now. I have extensively played around with it. You CAN restore it to working order but you WILL need some advanced technical knowledge. The rom you need to download to restore it is located at http://download.gocl...103_120824x.zip You will also need a program called LiveSuit. You will need to have the tablet completely off. Hold the Volume Down key (the one further from power button) and plug in the USB. After the cable is plugged, keep holding vol down and press power 6 times. Your computer will find a new device. This is where LiveSuit comes in. I will try to help you find the link to a tutorial of this process if you're interested.

Hello, I also own a Cobalt S1000. My problem is basically the same. I went to through all of the steps up until this point! WHAT DO I DO AFTER THE COMPUTER FINDS THE DEVICE?????? THIS IS WHERE LIVESUIT COME IN! i NEED A TUTORIAL OF SOME SORT TO HELP ME FROM THIS PART. PLEASE!!!! I NEED HELP DESPERATELY, PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hi. I know this isn't the right place for this post, but I'm just hoping someone can help. My friend bought her daughter a Cobalt S1000 tablet from e-bay for Christmas. it's running 4.0. I've never heard of Cobalt and can't find much info online. It's been stuck in a bootloop since they took it out of the box. It has never booted up, not even once. She's tried contacting the seller with no luck. She tried to do a hard reset by holding down the volume rocker and powering it on and the attached is all that happens. Tapping the volume buttons does not bring up a menu or anything. I would be grateful for any suggestions.
Tab.jpg

I also own a Cobalt S1000. I am having a problem to what to do after the computer recognize the device. Please Assist!!!!
  • 0 Likes

nesuha

nesuha

Average Android

• 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:39 AM #7

Hello to everyone in this group!!!

Ffirst time I use these groups for help...(Cobalt S1000 10 inches) very HAPPY over All....my problem is with "widgets" can not open any widgets this tablet ,does not have the function ...only wallpapers ane HD video shows on open menu.....Please don't know nothing about android tablets.....Is any boby can Help me here...Thank U in advance.....Nes*BTW...my email is nesuha@myway.com just in case
  • 0 Likes