- - - - -

Touchpad will not charge or start up - Need help

• Please log in to reply

OP max3290

max3290

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:48 PM #1

Hoping to get some help. One day after loading a nightly update, my touchpad decided it no longer wanted to charge. It sat for about 4 weeks. I finally decided to charge it again, but still no luck. Pressing the button combinations does not work. Tocuhstone and regular charger do not work, neither does any other charger. I am also not seeing the charging symbol on the screen. When I connect it to a computer and press the power and home button, the computer detects a device, but says windows cannot recognize the device and it has malfunctioned. Anyone have the same issue and know of a fix? I cannot recall the date of the nightly update, but it was sometime around January 2nd or 3rd.

Thanks in advance for any help. Hoping for a miracle!

Max
  • 0 Likes

Salvation27

Salvation27

Super User

• 359 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:24 AM #2

Put it on the barrel charger for a day or three.......Hopefully within that time frame, you'll see it start charging. If you let it sit for about 4 weeks on a dead battery- it'll definitely take more than a few hours or even a day to get back to it's lowest charge setting
(Also- did you have MTP checked off within the settings?)
  • 0 Likes

OP max3290

max3290

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:19 AM #3

I am not sure if I selected MTP checked off. Also, I believe that I am having an issue with my charger where I have to wiggle the connector for it to charge. Using the computer to charge is helpful because it connects to USB and gives me a notification when I know it's connected.
  • 0 Likes

Salvation27

Salvation27

Super User

• 359 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:23 AM #4

Computer wont' charge it my man- it barely supplies enough power whatsoever.
  • 0 Likes

OP max3290

max3290

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:40 AM #5

I read somewhere that the computer put out about 500mA. My intent was to have it sit there for a few days with a known good connection since some people seem to think trickle charging does the trick. I do know that the Touchstone did not work in charging the battery after one plus day of charging so my assumption was that it is not a battery charging problem but something else (e.g. software, hardware).
  • 0 Likes

redrock8

redrock8

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:22 PM #6

Had a completely dead TP, tried every button combination, all chargers, nada.
QHSUSB DLOAD driver error when connected to pc and pressing power+vol dwn+home.

Followed JCSullins TPDebrick v004 instructions to a t. Worked perfecly.
TP alive and well.

http://rootzwiki.com...tpdebrick-v004/
  • 0 Likes

Salvation27

Salvation27

Super User

• 359 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:27 AM #7

No- the USB ports do not put out enough power- it's been discussed elsewhere in this forum as well.

TPDebrick may work for you- however.... I'd suggest the barrel charger first and foremost
  • 0 Likes

Gradular

Gradular

Android Master

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:38 AM #8

Have you tried a new usb cable?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

Motorola I1, Samsung Transform Ultra(rooted) running 2.3.6 via ff27 forcedROM
Touchpad running cm7 a3.5, cm9 a0, cm9 a0.5, cm9 a0.6 nightly, cm9 a1.0, cm9 a2.0, cm9 nightlies, cm 9 weeklies, cm 10 previews cm10.1 Milaq, cm10.2 Milaq cm11 by invisblek
Samsung Galaxy tab running cm10, cm10.1 experimental, cm10.1 nightlies, cody's cm10.2, cm10.2 nightlies  cm11 by codyf86

All the TouchPad PC files in a few simple clicks. How to change your data, system, and cache sizes

sstar

sstar

Android Lover

• 111 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:34 AM #9

Have you tried a new usb cable?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using RootzWiki

Or try to borrow or buy a touchstone charger as it works conductively, the usb connection has been known to fail. I have had one tp replacement because of this.

Sent from my skz_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

OP max3290

max3290

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:05 PM #10

Thanks again for the feedback everyone.

In order, here are the chargers I have tried using:
  • Barrel Charger with multiple USB cables, including brand new cables which were never used and works to charge other devices.
  • Touchstone
  • Two other phone chargers (1A and one 700mA)
  • Computer
I am starting to think that it is not a charging problem. When I connect it to the computer, the computer detects a device. Unfortunately, the computer says that the device is either a Palm, QHSUSB DLOAD, unrecognized USB device, or a malfunction. If the device were not charged, would it get detected?
  • 0 Likes