Android OS Forum banner

[Rom][AOKP/VANIR]AK47 7-21 (Final release)

156K views 1K replies 155 participants last post by  masully84 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Mod Type:: ROM

Difficulty:: Very Easy

Mod Status:: Kang

Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Requires Root:: Yes

Source::
Description
Enjoy the speed of Vanir but want all of AOKP's great features? Give this a try. I built AOKP on top of Vanir's excellent Linaro system. All credit to those teams, I simply did the leg work to make everything play nice. I will update this frequently but not committing to "nightlies". Please keep the thread positive and leave out the drama. Feel free to ask anything, I simply ask that you take a minute and look for your answer first.

Features
- anything merged in AOKP
- uses Team Baked's Mms.apk

Instructions
- Download rom and preferred Gapps
- Reboot recovery
- Backup
- If coming from another rom - factory reset
- Flash rom and Gapps
- Reboot

Changelog
7-21
Updated with AOKP Milestone 2

6-15
Bug fixes

6-1
Updated Gapps
DarkAK47 2.0 (bug fixes mostly, requires new gapps)
Lean Kernel 6.7
Glowpad Torch (longpress unlock to activate torch)
Autohide Systembar (TabUI)
Reduce observers (may help with memory issues)
Auto-brightness updates

5-24
Fix statusbar

5-23
Updated Gapps
Built with GCC-4.8
Revamped theme chooser (credit BAMF via Team Baked)
Slight updates for MMS recipient chooser (WIP)
Lean Kernel 6.6
Dark AK47 AOSP keyboard
Ribbon overhaul
Lockscreen transparency

5-13
Updated DarkAK47
New Gapps package - same as stock but adds Slims invertable apps and retains rom Camera
More Ribbon tweaks and features (toggles, app window)
Probably other stuff I forgot

5-6
Dark AK47 toggle (for best results I suggest Slimroms Gapps package)
Fix possible memory leak
Ribbons app window
Normal bug fixes

5-2
LeanKernel 6.5
CellBroadcastReceiver.apk (allows weather alerts)
.75 animation option
Phone blacklist options
Adjust vm.heapgrowthlimit to 64m

Older Changelogs
Here

Rom Download
AK47 7-21

Credits
Team Kang (AOKP)
Team Vanir
Team Baked
Slim Rom
Imoseyon
Anarkia
CM
Jaekar99
If you feel anyone is missing let me know

See less See more
#12 ·
Damn you akellar... I was so happy just plugging along on ATOM, minding my own business. Crack flashing was something that I was going to stop doing so much... then I see this. Vanir, along with my love of AOKP's stuff? Well, there goes my evening... Thanks man, srsly though.

#13 ·
I'll give this a go tomorrow when I can test a bit more thoroughly.

Thank you for your efforts.

Anyone using SwiftKey Flow? Normal AOKP releases are fine where PUB builds caused issues with the flow animations and would cause slow downs over time. Curious if whatever about PUB that was causing this issue is also present here.

Thanks!

#16 ·
So strange, whatever causes this. Especially if someone's PUB build apparently doesn't have the issue, lol.

I'll still try it, perhaps the previous PUB slowdown I tied to the SwiftKey issue was not really related (figured it was since using another keyboard avoided the issue but using SwiftKey on a ROM without the issue was fine).

I'll miss the flow line, though.

#22 ·
Thanks for this, it's the best of both worlds and is running great so far. 1 question though, when I was setting it up I noticed that the defaultmax screen off is set to 180. is that what it was meant to be? I've never run that low for max screen off and I know everything is different by phone but is there a chance of me not getting notifications or my alarm going off at that level?

Thanks again looking forward to running this this week!

#24 ·
Thanks for this, it's the best of both worlds and is running great so far. 1 question though, when I was setting it up I noticed that the defaultmax screen off is set to 180. is that what it was meant to be? I've never run that low for max screen off and I know everything is different by phone but is there a chance of me not getting notifications or my alarm going off at that level?
Diffrent ROMs / Kernels but i have set the max to 180 before and never had an issue. I ended up bumping up to the next level 3xx because i did not notice any diffrence, and what i have read seems that it may be better for battery life (spliting hairs really).

99% of the time the phone was in deep sleep anyways, but if there was a background download or something it would bump up accordingly.

#25 ·
On the 180 setting topic - I personally have never had any issues but I agree some could. I will probably switch back to Imoseyon's LK for future releases just for stability purposes as it is generally sturdy on all phones. I still highly recommend AK kernel though.

#33 ·
Roman is working on adding back a version of the ics style toggles. Looks like he's getting close to finishing it up. Not sure what you're referring to as far as the home screen dimming though? Link to the commit possibly? I'm happy to look into adding in anything people are interested in but I don't want to stray too far from AOKP.

#37 ·
This might be the sweetest rom I have ever tried! Vanir is usually my dd because of its speed and I would crack flash aokp every time a new build came out just to see what's new but the stability, speed, and battery life aren't the best. Now I have the best of both worlds! Speedy and feature rich! I highly recommend everyone to try this rom and thanks to the OP for compiling it :)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.