Android OS Forum banner

[ROM] VANIR (v4.2.2.1 [JB 4.2.2][3/19]) (Yeah, it's got a HEMI)

152K views 858 replies 136 participants last post by  Keifla96 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]TeamVanir presents[/background]​
VANIR
Yeah, it's got a HEMI.

Based off of AOSP Jelly Bean 4.2.2, with original modifications, as well as kangs from Linaro, CodeAurora, CyanogenMod, AOKP, EOS, Slim, and our belly buttons.

Our webkit, chromium, and skia are aosp/master merged with codeaurora, with linaro fixes on top.

BY LINARO, I MEAN GLOBAL "-O3 -fstrict-aliasing".... we didn't just switch toolchains. Here at Team Vanir, WE GO HARD.

Features
QUICK TORCH! BEEYAWW
EXTRA VOLUME! BEEYAWW

PIE
Super fast, lean, and optimized
Tablet/phablet modes (Tablet mode has a bit of funk remaining... deal with it) + expanded desktop
Rooted & Busybox
Koush's superuser integrated in settings
Vanirified AK Kernel
Init.d/build.prop/cron/sysctl Tweaks
Beats 5.1 - Not your mother's beats!
CM T9 Dialer
Modified Androcom's Speaker Proximity App (Phone -> Settings -> Speaker Proximity)
Lighter, meaner, Launcherererer
Battery % icon option (Settings -> Display -> Battery Percentage) (and circle and gears)
Extended Reboot Menu (with big ol' nuts)
Tethering enabled
Optimized images + zip aligned
AOKP QuickSettings
AOKP NavBar (including IME keys)
Modified Deskclock with increasing volume from CM
CM Lockscreen mods
CM GNexusParts (color changing interface)
Volume Rocker Wake/Volume Rocker Music Controls
long press back to kill
Statusbar clock customization (bastardized version of CM's)
Statusbar signal text
Quickmessaging
Emoticons
Deskclock flip actions + increasing volume
Themechooser

Most of our settings are tucked inside Display or Sound settings! Also, note the performance and advanced sections.

Vanir config files - type vanir in terminal emulator for a usage guide

Credits
Thanks to Peter Alfonso, CM, the Fruits & Veggies Project, Rascarlo, Pawitp, AOKP, GaryD9, Androcom, Chevycam94, Team EOS, and JakeDay for stocking our CRANE GAME with plush toys.

Gapps - Vanir recommends the latest goo.im gapps

Instructions

First time, be gentle:
1. Make sure that you are on the JB Bootloader
2. If coming from any other ROM, do a factory reset and wipe /system
3. Proceed with "been around the block instructions"

Been around the block:
1, wipe dalvik and cache
2. Flash ROM
3. Flash Gapps
4. Reboot

IRC
You can always join us in IRC at #vanir on freenode - for support or just to chill.

Donations
If you would like to thank us for our hard work, you can do so here, or you can find Donation links for all of us in the About Team Vanir section of Settings in the ROM:
NuclearMistake
Sonicxml
DHO
PrimeDirective

Disclaimer: If you brick your phone, or drop it because it's so buttery, IT'S YOUR FAULT.

Download

Changelog
v4.2.2 Added more zoom zoom... and the kitchen sink.
Many things have moved... explore the Vanir category in settings. It's all somewhere!
v4.2.2.1 Fixed FC in notification light color picker, and fixed rare hot reboots

NIGHTIES ([4.2.2 based])
TOOO SOOOONNNN

See less See more
#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
My change is:

Vanir
Features:

- Toro, toroplus, maguro builds
- Based on AOSP 4.2.1_r1.2 with Code Aura + Linaro optimizations

Status Bar
- Quick Setting including numerous customizations
- Customize clock display and location, customize signal bar
- % displayed in battery + circle mod
- Transparency

Navigation Bar
- Customizable buttons + colors
- Customizable height + width
- Navi Ring
- Transparency

Lockscreen
- Fully customizable targets/rotation/widgets/ and more
- Transparency

General Tweaks
- Ad blocking
- Long press back to kill (in developer options)
- Extended Power menu
- DPI/LCD changer + force tablet mode
- Theme Chooser: Including inverted theme
- Galaxy Nexus Parts
- ADB over network
- A-GPS. - Kang PrimeDirective -> Credit happily1986
- Bravia Engine

Performance Manager- Processor governor + speed
- Voltage control
- I/o Scheduler
- Disable boot animation
- Enhance recent menu

Sound
- Beats Audo
- Quiet Hours
- DSP Manager included (Credit CM)
- Volume wake / rocker music controld
- Rewritten Speaker proximity designed for Commotio/Vanir

Debloated
- 137MB -> 60 MB of Bloat removed
- Fully featured LatinIME Keyboard, but only 2.2 MB (normally 16-20 MB), removed tracking/logging
- And soo much more

Butter
- GCC 4.7 w/ -O3 -fstrict-aliasing AKA highly optimized compiling for better results (like Linaro)
- Vanir.cfg - Set your CPU frequencies, colors, ZRAM, and much more. Set and once and forget; it stays on your SD card
- Go-faster scripts
- Vanirice - makes everything just a bit smooth
- For every 1 user settings there are 5 power saving + performance tweaks tweaks

Gapps
- Selectable Gtalk
- Phone: noise reduction, advanced settings, speaker proximity
- Sound Recorder
- Camera: Enhanced settings (credit CM)

#13 ·
Anyone have trouble logging into Amazon market where nothing happens after pressing the sign in button? This when using the latest Amazon market apk

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#15 ·
Ugh confirmed. I think related to browser tweaks? as the timeline fits, I noticed it yesterday (Saturday) AM, but didn;t think much of it at the time. Worked on Friday. Ipso facto something commit on Friday. Logcat is being pretty useless right now

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
Not to be a dick here. Just wondering out of curiosity. Whats the difference of vanir. Jb hybrid vanir. Two ROMs of dho commotion/vanir then hybrid, atom. All the same developers on each i think? Know this one has some linaaro I've seen. Pretty snappy rom. Just wondering y u guys have so many threads. Curious

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#26 ·
Here too amazon app problem. And volume has a bug: flashed ROM, attached aux. When press volume buttons or slide volume panel, Force close. Solution is TO play volume without plug anything so somethings... Unlock.. And everythings work OK, volume buttons and volume slide.

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus con Tapatalk 2

#35 · (Edited by Moderator)
I've been having a little bug lately. Right now I'm on 4.0 with latest goo gapps, popcorn kernel, and i cant seem to get Facebook to work properly. I had this issue on the latest nightly before this with a different kernel and now I have the same problem still. I downloaded four different apps and none of them work properly. I even went into dolphin browser and stock browser and nothing. In stock browser i got this error from the java console. ("https://fbstatic-a.akamaihd.net/rsrc.php/v2/yq/r/kJykrs0hJbC.js:6") here's some screenshots and let me know what else i can do to help figure this out. Font Screenshot Software Multimedia Web page

Azure Font Screenshot Gadget Technology

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Attachments

#50 ·
Does this new thread mean Sonic joined the MIA list again? Just wondering if there's any news on updates to Popcorn?
And what do you want me to give you (just a last_kmsg?) if i get some more sod's. I've gotten 2 today running 4.001 with popcorn 1036max/230min 700 screen off with Pegasusq. I've since switched to interactivex to see if they stop.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

#51 ·
This is my first time running Vanir, though I have ran Steel Droid and ATOM. Out of all of the 4.2.1 ROMs I have tried this one is by far the best so far. That is after running about 10 - 12 versions of others. I am currently using the included popcorn kernel with no issues on the default settings (other than changing the colors to morphic). Thanks for the good work fellas (especially for the LTE toggle, which many 4.2.1 ROMs seem to lack for some reason).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.