• Please log in to reply

dontblink

dontblink

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:44 AM #1071

Hi all,

I thought I'd enter a new data point.

I have the same problem as most of you that weren't able to successfully debrick the touchpad (keep getting the openmulti error, cannot write tz.ebm aborted, etc...).   So I cracked open the Touchpad.

The first thing I did was replace the battery with a full charged one.  Did not work.  I was hoping at least the battery pull would get the thing out of QDL mode (in which it seems to be permanently stuck).  So another data point that simply replacing the battery may not fix your issue.

I'm currently running loopit.sh that is continually trying to execute tpdeprick.sh.  Its been about 50 tries so far and no luck.  Will post if anything else works.  Currently it looks like the motherboard would have to be replaced if this doesn't work (this seems a bit pricey tbh).

Well I couldn't revive mine.  I ended up purchasing a new motherboard (~$60) to fix this issue.

• 0 Likes

kcer

kcer

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:37 PM #1072

Hi all,

I need help!

I got same issue to debrick my 64Go WiFi touchpad. My touchpad was runing with WebOS3.05 and Android CM. Iwas reinstalling all and prior to go on I removed from WebOS trace of android (I did run ACMuninstaller), run a full erase from with WebOS and webdoctored it. By reinstalling all my profile the Touchpad became unresponsive connected to PC with a message I could not have time to read.

After unplug/plug to USb port QHUSB_DLOAD, no blink on home buton... nothing then I tried to go through TPdebrick-v004

The process stops at "Cannot write file appsboot-moboot.mbn" then aborted. I reinstalled ubuntu 12.04 / 12.10 / 13.04 from Wubi either on XP ou Win7 professinoal. I cloned my hard drives, installed the 3 versions of ubuntu. I tried 11.04 from pendrive and ISO.

It still aborts at same stage. I have been through many forums related to TP debrick and "Cannot write file appsboot-moboot.mbn".

I looked at tpnobootie64.cfg that mentions appsboot-moboot refering to "HP Touchpad 32GB Wifi Bootloader": could it be the cause?

I can attach typescript.txt here the end of it

Response: ACK 0x10001800 (outstanding: 0)
Writing 1024 bytes to 0x10001c00; 70776 bytes left.
Response: ACK 0x10001c00 (outstanding: 0)
Writing 1024 bytes to 0x10002000; 69752 bytes left.
Invalid Response: 0e 57 72 69 74 65 20 75 6e 73 75 63 63 65 73 73 66 75 6c 0a
Cannot write file appsboot-moboot.mbn
Aborted.

Regards

• 0 Likes

AndroidLover

AndroidLover

Android Lover

• 114 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:27 AM #1073

Just want to say a big thanks to jcsullins  :grin:  Followed the instructions and now my Touchpad switches on and goes to the moboot screen. 

But, now i can't boot to WebOS (goes to a HP logo and freezes) and Android (Gets stuck on the Cyanogen splash screen) :gocry:  If i pick ClockworkMod it boots up but has lots of error messages about mounting, I think it can't see partitions. Can anyone help me what i can do please?

Could you have run a tpdebrick instance with the wrong memory size? I.e. tpdebrick 32 when you have a 16GB Touchpad? AFAIR we have had that one or two times where people have not been sure about their memory size and run the script with the wrong parameter. Running it again with the correct memory size fixed this problem of not booting up correctly...

• 0 Likes

p2user

p2user

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:18 PM #1074

Could you have run a tpdebrick instance with the wrong memory size? I.e. tpdebrick 32 when you have a 16GB Touchpad? AFAIR we have had that one or two times where people have not been sure about their memory size and run the script with the wrong parameter. Running it again with the correct memory size fixed this problem of not booting up correctly...

Just ran again even though it says not to run if you can get the big USB symbol on the screen via the buttons key press. Ran tpdebrick 32 as originally i did have a 16GB TP but must of been sent back a 32GB TP from HP when it was sent in for warranty repairs. 

I'm so happy now and my daughter can use the tablet again !!!!!

• 0 Likes

p2user

p2user

Average Android

• 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:36 AM #1075

I thought we couldn't run the tpdebrick process again. I'm sure i had a 16GB but when i sent it for repairs i didn't check if it was 16GB or 32GB as i thought when using android why i had more memory than before. I will run tpdebrick 32 this time and see what happens, fingers crossed!!!!

• 0 Likes

touchedpad

touchedpad

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:54 AM #1076

Hey guys. I'm trying to run tpdebrick to save my 32GB WiFI touchpad. Its dead as in paperweight but the computer shows "QHSUSB_DLOAD" when the power + vol down + home combo is held down. 

I'm running it in 32bit Ubuntu 12.04 on a live USB. I'm encountering an issue:

Waiting for fastboot mode...
fastboot mode not found
Aborted.

I've tried resetting the Touchpad when this occurs but it doesn't work.

Any suggestions? I'm desperate to save this thing. 

• 0 Likes

jerszone

jerszone

Average Android

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:32 AM #1077

would this work for a bricked hp pre 3?
  • 0 Likes

topher67

topher67

Android Beginner

• 60 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:01 AM #1078

would this work for a bricked hp pre 3?

No, def not.
  • 0 Likes

touchedpad

touchedpad

Average Android

• 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:48 PM #1079

I've also tried these steps:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot

Still getting same error:

Writing 512 bytes to 0x00000000; 0 bytes left.
Response: ACK 0x00000000 (outstanding: 0)
Sending CloseFlush...
Done writing files.
Reseting device...
Requesting Reset...
fastboot mode not found
Aborted.

Any ideas? 

Also, here's my typescript file.

Attached File  typescript.txt   237.81KB   75 downloads

I notice I'm getting the following error. Is it relevant?

Sending MAGIC...
MSG: Qfprom Fuse List: Blowing FAILED    
MSG: Failed Fuse addr:  
MSG: 0x00000000 
MSG:    Error Status:  

Edited by touchedpad, 08 November 2013 - 10:10 PM.

• 0 Likes

guard0g

guard0g

• 22 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:10 AM #1080

I've also tried these steps:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot

Still getting same error:

Writing 512 bytes to 0x00000000; 0 bytes left.
Response: ACK 0x00000000 (outstanding: 0)
Sending CloseFlush...
Done writing files.
Reseting device...
Requesting Reset...
fastboot mode not found
Aborted.

Any ideas? 

Also, here's my typescript file.

attachicon.giftypescript.txt

I notice I'm getting the following error. Is it relevant?

Sending MAGIC...
MSG: Qfprom Fuse List: Blowing FAILED    
MSG: Failed Fuse addr:  
MSG:    Error Status:  

I encountered this error before. I kept running the tpdebrick script and after 8 fastboot errors it made it through. 

Edited by guard0g, 09 November 2013 - 06:21 AM.

• 0 Likes