3. 0/5

Rate this Topic

- - - - -

Temple Run 2 Lag - Is yours the same?

• Please log in to reply

OP 13bgarli

13bgarli

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:56 PM #1

Downloaded Temple Run 2 today and it is quite fun; but I noticed that it isn't smooth when I run it on the "Best" graphical setting, I know its kinda stupid but I just thought I'd ask if anyone else was this problem. I get some frame rate issues when I run at "Best", like shuttering and just in general slow-feeling. My friend has a Galaxy S II and it runs absolutely buttery smooth on it on the "Best" setting. I was just wondering if anyone else was having this problem, as I am running CM 10.1 currently.

Thanks everyone :P
  • 0 Likes

Sandman007

Sandman007

Deadly_Hamsters

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:04 PM #2

What do you have you clock speed and governor set to?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

VZW Galaxy S3
Recovery: TWRP
ROM: ChaOS

OP 13bgarli

13bgarli

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:11 PM #3

Just default settings (1.2Ghz, and I assume the on-demand governor) that come with CM 10.1. I'm gonna try updating to the latest nightly and see if that makes any difference now.

EDIT:
Yea its doing the same thing still, I'm gonna try a custom kernel here in a second...

EDIT:
So to get it to run with minimal slowdowns I have to Overclock the Graphics to 512Mhz...
Haha there goes my battery life...

Edited by 13bgarli, 24 January 2013 - 03:42 PM.

• 0 Likes

dillanshives

dillanshives

Android Lover

• 175 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:47 PM #4

Just default settings (1.2Ghz, and I assume the on-demand governor) that come with CM 10.1. I'm gonna try updating to the latest nightly and see if that makes any difference now.

EDIT:
Yea its doing the same thing still, I'm gonna try a custom kernel here in a second...

EDIT:
So to get it to run with minimal slowdowns I have to Overclock the Graphics to 512Mhz...
Haha there goes my battery life...

I am running CM10 with stock kernel at 1.2 GHZ no OC on graphics.. No stutter on any setting.
  • 0 Likes

OP 13bgarli

13bgarli

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:27 PM #5

CM 10? Or CM 10.1? I'm wondering if 4.2.1 is causing problems...
  • 0 Likes

yarly

yarly

Just a noob that doesn't know what he's talking about

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:57 PM #6

Runs fine for me. I'm just using my own stock build of 4.2.1. Google's kernel and interactive. Also, interactive is the default on CM's kernel, not on demand. If you want to avoid unforseen bugs with CM, use their monthly milestones (typically labeled as experimental in the updater) and not the nightlies.
  • 0 Likes

OP 13bgarli

13bgarli

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:58 PM #7

Runs fine for me. I'm just using my own stock build of 4.2.1. Google's kernel and interactive. Also, interactive is the default on CM's kernel, not on demand. If you want to avoid unforseen bugs with CM, use their monthly milestones (typically labeled as experimental in the updater) and not the nightlies.

Yea I just installed the Experimental build and it seems to run the same as the others. I'd downgrade to CM 10, but I'm worried it'll mess up my SD card again, so I'm just gonna live with it. :P its only a game after all.
Thanks for all the replies!
  • 0 Likes

Sandman007

Sandman007

Deadly_Hamsters

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:43 PM #8

Yea I just installed the Experimental build and it seems to run the same as the others. I'd downgrade to CM 10, but I'm worried it'll mess up my SD card again, so I'm just gonna live with it. :P its only a game after all.
Thanks for all the replies!

you should be fine with downgrading as long as you have the latest version of your recovery.

• 0 Likes

VZW Galaxy S3
Recovery: TWRP
ROM: ChaOS

RCantw3ll

RCantw3ll

Super User

• 269 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:08 PM #9

I just thought I would add in that I have no issues with the game. Runs smooth for me. My kernel runs at 1200mhz max CPU, and 384mhz GPU.

Edited by RCantw3ll, 25 January 2013 - 02:11 PM.

• 0 Likes

Phone: VZW LG G2 VS980 (CDMA)
ROM: Malladus 1.2.1 (4.2.2) w/ Nova Launcher
Kernel: Included Kernel (4.2.2)
Radios: 11A
Tablet: Nexus 7 16gb w/ SlimKat (4.4)

nivag

nivag

• 92 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:26 PM #10

Mine seems to run fine with no lag and I'm very perceptive to lag/low framerates. I'm running eclipse 3.1 build 4 with luna kernel only thing I've changed is switching the governor to deadline. I highly recommend trying eclipse is the only rom I truly love.

• 0 Likes