Mod Type: ROM
Another kang brought to you through the efforts of 1loudsvt, Eiht, and myself. This kang is based off of the Gummy 1.3.0 release made by x13thangelx.
Thanks to Gasai Yuno for the help with GSM signal.
This is a bit different than the other kangs. It has a lot more done to it and a lot more going on.
- Our Kang tweaks both build.prop and init.d(including cron to wipe cache twice daily)
- Latest Gapps are included (Gmail, Play, Maps, Talk)
- Jellybean 4.2 keyboard
- Nexus 4 ringtones/notifications/alarms
- Google Now-Online version - mikeyxda
- bootmenu - Wizard0f0s
- RootBrowser-Free from JRummy16 (full version provided for free)
- RomToolboxLite - JRummy16
- Latest SuperSU - Chainfire
- Nova Launcher
- Latest Seeder app- lambgx02 (to turn on seeder, open the app, pick your options, and hit run at boot)
- NyanCat boot sound removed(no need to muffle)
D2g - http://d-h.st/1pg - 01/30/13
GSM default build.prop line change updater: http://d-h.st/UXV
Buttonlight-Killer script: http://d-h.st/qBX <-set at boot in your choice of scriptmanager(romtoolboxlite has one built in) to disable the keyboard and buttonlight backlights.
Download to sdcard
Verify MD5 Sum
Back up any important apps or app data
Reboot to recovery
Make a nandroid
Install from SD and choose the rom's zip
Once finished reboot and enjoy
- To use bootmenu, hit volume down when the light blinks blue right after the motorola logo.
- SuperSU should default to the primary superuser app. If it doesn't for some reason open superuser and go to update binary. Then open SuperSU and let it update it's binary. This is probably not neccesary though because I've included both's latest binaries.
- All ICS bugs. Get used to them, don't complain about them. Further details on typical ICS bugs below:
- Media: codec issues. (Netflix, some streaming media, some video/audio files) for video/audio files download MX Player and it should play it no problem. Won't be fixed
- Built in tether(will never work, stop asking) download a program for wire tether from google play Won't be fixed
- The setting : "display-automatic backlight-light levels-edit other levels" doesnt work for the d2/g in my experience on any ICS roms. Won't be fixed
- Camera: video is broken for sure. Panorama works here and there and seemingly randomly(so consider it broke too) Won't be fixed
- In GummySettings - Performance - Initd you will force close. This is because it used to tie to an old romtoolbox install. We don't want you messing with the Init.d unless you know what you are doing anyway so it is a non-issue.
- Often on reboot it will reboot to recovery. x13thangelx said it can be avoided by choosing the reboot option even though its already highlight.
- HWA is still being worked on and not as smoothly implemented as I had hoped. It will be fixed in future releases.
The d2g's cpu clock speed is set the same as the d2/dx.
To change this:
When the phone is booting and it flashes the blue light at the M symbol hit the down volume button.
Use volume to go up and down and camera to select.
Select CPU settings
Edit to your hearts content.
If you like it...Tell us, and hit the like button
Fixed init.d script and added sleep mode line to build.prop
Updated SuperSU and binaries.
Built fresh again from each phone's base 1.3.0
Updated all apps
Updated SuperSU and binaries.
Added Google Maps to data/app
updated GMail and Google Play
Edited by Dubbsy, 30 January 2013 - 10:16 AM.