Rate this Topic

- - - - -

GummyKang v.2.1 -D2G -1/30/13

• Please log in to reply

OP Dubbsy

Dubbsy

My posts are made of bacon

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:54 AM #21

New link up. Only added back the simtoolkit. I got used to taking it out because I primarily work on the d2 which doesnt have one and therefore doesnt need the app. I'm not sure if it will fix gsm. But that was the only network related difference between gummy-1.3.0 and gummykang.
  • 0 Likes
Currently working on Google Edition for VZW gs4 & BluKuban for VZW gs4
LiquiKang for DX/D2/D2g

bebilakner

bebilakner

• 58 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:49 AM #22

Nope. gsm still not working. android.phone keeps fc'ing when I try to set to gsm.
Thank you.
  • 0 Likes

OP Dubbsy

Dubbsy

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:15 AM #23

Just went through it again comparing it to the standard gummy 1.3.0. The only thing that might cause it would be that I have the dns settings defaulting to google's. Can anyone verify that google's dns causes issues for the gsm network? I'm not going to keep stabbing in the dark at possible fixes.

delete these lines in the build.prop, save, set permissions as rw- r-- r--, and reboot:
net.dns1=8.8.8.8
net.dns2=8.8.4.4
net.ppp0.dns2=8.8.4.4
net.ppp0.dns2=8.8.4.4

• 1 Likes
LiquiKang for DX/D2/D2g

Dark Cricket

Dark Cricket

Creepy Droid

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:43 AM #24

Just went through it again comparing it to the standard gummy 1.3.0. The only thing that might cause it would be that I have the dns settings defaulting to google's. Can anyone verify that google's dns causes issues for the gsm network? I'm not going to keep stabbing in the dark at possible fixes.

delete these lines in the build.prop, save, set permissions as rw- r-- r--, and reboot:

net.dns1=8.8.8.8
net.dns2=8.8.4.4
net.ppp0.dns2=8.8.4.4
net.ppp0.dns2=8.8.4.4

Are you using the original build.prop? Excuse that I could not try Gummy 1.3, but I've been busy, I hope this weekend to help with GSM.

For android.phone keeps fc'ing, change this line in build.prop to: ro.telephony.default_network = 3, so that when you start, use the GSM network, option 7 (LTE) does not work.

Edited by Dark Cricket, 23 January 2013 - 05:45 AM.

• 1 Likes

OP Dubbsy

Dubbsy

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:33 AM #25

I'm using the majority of the stock build.prop. Many of the kang tweaks 1loud and I use are init.d scripts, some are hardware lib files, and there is about 20+ lines in the build.prop we add to or change. We don't change the line ro.telephony.default_network= . In gummy 1.3.0 it is set to 7. And in the kang it is also set to 7.

Someone with it installed try changing it to 3 in the build.prop and rebooting. If it works I'll make a seperate build for GSM users. Changing it to 3 I would imagine will make cdma users go crazy.
  • 0 Likes
LiquiKang for DX/D2/D2g

OP Dubbsy

Dubbsy

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:44 AM #26

Actually:
This updater should work.
http://d-h.st/nuj

If a GSM user download and flash in recovery. It should make a backup of your currect build.prop before editing it. No need to wipe data. I would suggest wiping dalvik and cache prior to reboot.

If it works, I will update the first post with the GSM updater.

Edited by Dubbsy, 23 January 2013 - 06:45 AM.

• 0 Likes
LiquiKang for DX/D2/D2g

binary_edge

binary_edge

• 12 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:17 AM #27

This build feels sluggish overall on the current install I did. Could be something I fiddled up. I tried toggling HWA but didn't seem to make a difference. I did notice that the max speed on this build is 1000 instead of the normal D2G 1200 for the processor. On the up side my phone only gets warm when running games instead of really hot. I think I'ma sbf and see if I get the same results.
  • 0 Likes

bebilakner

bebilakner

• 58 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:43 PM #28

I'm using the majority of the stock build.prop. Many of the kang tweaks 1loud and I use are init.d scripts, some are hardware lib files, and there is about 20+ lines in the build.prop we add to or change. We don't change the line ro.telephony.default_network= . In gummy 1.3.0 it is set to 7. And in the kang it is also set to 7.

Someone with it installed try changing it to 3 in the build.prop and rebooting. If it works I'll make a seperate build for GSM users. Changing it to 3 I would imagine will make cdma users go crazy.

I have changed it to 3 with same result- android phone fc. If set to cdma doesn't fc, but when I go to settings in mobile network settings, the only choice is to set the cdma mode-home or automatic. I will try to delete those lines and report back later.
Thank you very much.
PS- Would logcat from OS Monitor tell what' s wrong ?
LE: Tried with the updater too and it doesn't work. I'm thinking of copying phone.apk from cm9 to this build (overwriting).Could this work?
LLE: Strange, when I select in system settings - data usage the phone hangs on black screen
and no matter what I do, when I go thorough *#*#4636#*#* - phone information and I select GSM only, when I go out from that and back in, it jumps to default wich is GSM/CDMA Auto (PRL)

Edited by bebilakner, 23 January 2013 - 01:24 PM.

• 0 Likes

OP Dubbsy

Dubbsy

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:20 PM #29

This build feels sluggish overall on the current install I did. Could be something I fiddled up. I tried toggling HWA but didn't seem to make a difference. I did notice that the max speed on this build is 1000 instead of the normal D2G 1200 for the processor. On the up side my phone only gets warm when running games instead of really hot. I think I'ma sbf and see if I get the same results.

Yeah, I don't have the d2g's cpu clock settings(if someone posts them, I'll put that into the next update). So those are the d2's clock settings. You can change them in the bootmenu to whatever you want.

Also, the HWA settings isn't fully working yet. It was a quick attempt to help with the compatibility but when I removed the CPU's ability to render things it kind of put an end to the option of turning it off. What I mean is the hardware source file for the CPU rendering is not there. I'm still working on the HWA implementation and the settings implementation also. Hopefully shortly.

Until the next update, if any games or anything are running sluggish I found turning sound off on the games made them work fine. Beyond that, the rom has been great for me so far. No reboot in 4 days and still runs fine for me. Played hill climb racing, subway surfer, and angry birds space wars in that time. In those 4 days I've used :facebook, google+, GNow, browser, draw something, groupme, mms, quickpic, gmail, and my hockey updates from the hershey bears and washington capitals.

I have changed it to 3 with same result- android phone fc. If set to cdma doesn't fc, but when I go to settings in mobile network settings, the only choice is to set the cdma mode-home or automatic. I will try to delete those lines and report back later.
Thank you very much.
PS- Would logcat from OS Monitor tell what' s wrong ?
LE: Tried with the updater too and it doesn't work. I'm thinking of copying phone.apk from cm9 to this build (overwriting).Could this work?

The phone.apk shouldn't help. But you can try it if you want. Worse case is it force closes again. Did the updater do as it should have though? Did it write telephony to 3?

You can post a logcat if you want too. I'll try to help as much I can. I've just never worked on a gsm network. Been on verizon for about 9 years.
  • 0 Likes
LiquiKang for DX/D2/D2g

bebilakner

bebilakner

• 58 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:05 PM #30

The phone.apk shouldn't help. But you can try it if you want. Worse case is it force closes again. Did the updater do as it should have though? Did it write telephony to 3?

You can post a logcat if you want too. I'll try to help as much I can. I've just never worked on a gsm network. Been on verizon for about 9 years.

Sorry, can't post logcat since no logcat apps are working and I don't know why. All apps that record logs don't work. Your updater changed telephony to 3, I've done this by hand, but still no gsm voice or data. Anyway I can't verify data since I don't have a data plan. I will continue to play with this tommorow. For me it's late and lucky me I have a job. :)
  • 0 Likes