Mod Status:: Kang

Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Carrier:: Verizon

Optional:: Custom Settings

Requires Root:: Yes

Optional:: Custom Settings

Source::
GummyKang v2.1

Another kang brought to you through the efforts of 1loudsvt, Eiht, and myself. This kang is based off of the Gummy 1.3.0 release made by x13thangelx.

Thanks to Gasai Yuno for the help with GSM signal.

This is a bit different than the other kangs. It has a lot more done to it and a lot more going on.
  • Our Kang tweaks both build.prop and init.d(including cron to wipe cache twice daily)
  • Latest Gapps are included (Gmail, Play, Maps, Talk)
  • Jellybean 4.2 keyboard
  • Nexus 4 ringtones/notifications/alarms
  • Google Now-Online version - mikeyxda
  • bootmenu - Wizard0f0s
  • RootBrowser-Free from JRummy16 (full version provided for free)
  • RomToolboxLite - JRummy16
  • Latest SuperSU - Chainfire
  • RomManager
  • Nova Launcher
  • Latest Seeder app- lambgx02 (to turn on seeder, open the app, pick your options, and hit run at boot)
  • NyanCat boot sound removed(no need to muffle)
Because of everything added and taken away some of the less essential apps were moved to /data/app instead of /system/app. This shouldn't effect the operation of anything. But you need to know this in case you decide it would be a good idea to "wipe data/factory reset" then wonder where xx app went.

Download Links:
D2g - http://d-h.st/1pg - 01/30/13
GSM default build.prop line change updater: http://d-h.st/UXV
Buttonlight-Killer script: http://d-h.st/qBX <-set at boot in your choice of scriptmanager(romtoolboxlite has one built in) to disable the keyboard and buttonlight backlights.

Instructions:
Download to sdcard
Verify MD5 Sum
Back up any important apps or app data
Reboot to recovery
Make a nandroid
Install from SD and choose the rom's zip
Once finished reboot and enjoy
  • To use bootmenu, hit volume down when the light blinks blue right after the motorola logo.
  • SuperSU should default to the primary superuser app. If it doesn't for some reason open superuser and go to update binary. Then open SuperSU and let it update it's binary. This is probably not neccesary though because I've included both's latest binaries.
Bugs:
  • All ICS bugs. Get used to them, don't complain about them. Further details on typical ICS bugs below:
  • Media: codec issues. (Netflix, some streaming media, some video/audio files) for video/audio files download MX Player and it should play it no problem. Won't be fixed
  • Built in tether(will never work, stop asking) download a program for wire tether from google play Won't be fixed
  • The setting : "display-automatic backlight-light levels-edit other levels" doesnt work for the d2/g in my experience on any ICS roms. Won't be fixed
  • Camera: video is broken for sure. Panorama works here and there and seemingly randomly(so consider it broke too) Won't be fixed
  • In GummySettings - Performance - Initd you will force close. This is because it used to tie to an old romtoolbox install. We don't want you messing with the Init.d unless you know what you are doing anyway so it is a non-issue.
  • Often on reboot it will reboot to recovery. x13thangelx said it can be avoided by choosing the reboot option even though its already highlight.
  • HWA is still being worked on and not as smoothly implemented as I had hoped. It will be fixed in future releases.
NOTE:
The d2g's cpu clock speed is set the same as the d2/dx.
To change this:
When the phone is booting and it flashes the blue light at the M symbol hit the down volume button.
Use volume to go up and down and camera to select.
Select CPU settings
Edit to your hearts content.

If you like it...Tell us, and hit the like button ;)

Changelog2.1:
Fixed init.d script and added sleep mode line to build.prop
Updated SuperSU and binaries.
Changelog2.0:
Built fresh again from each phone's base 1.3.0
Updated all apps
Updated SuperSU and binaries.
Updated RomManager
Updated RomToolboxLite
Added Google Maps to data/app
updated GMail and Google Play

Edited by Dubbsy, 30 January 2013 - 10:16 AM.

• 3 Likes
Currently working on Google Edition for VZW gs4 & BluKuban for VZW gs4
LiquiKang for DX/D2/D2g

OP Dubbsy

Dubbsy

My posts are made of bacon

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:34 PM #2

Links back up, d2g done and added.

-fixed lockscreen and home button
  • 0 Likes
LiquiKang for DX/D2/D2g

x13thangelx

x13thangelx

Developer

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:23 PM #3

Trying to figure out why but can't get service. Not recognizing baseband or anything. Since I don't have your source I can't be sure what you've changed but from what I remember using either hashcode's or cm9-d2g's system/core branch fixed that when initially getting it working.

Also can't seem to get bootmenu to go to CWR or RZR, just sits on a black screen after clicking on it.
  • 0 Likes
Unofficial CM9 builds for: DX, D2, D2G

OP Dubbsy

Dubbsy

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:56 PM #4

Ill have to look at it tomorrow. I tried to rush through the d2g one before leaving. I must've missed something.

And its not built from source. Just taken from your 1.3.0 and tweaked via init.d/build.prop

The network issue is probably because I copied the d2's network tweaks when I copied the other tweaks over.

Sent from my DROID2 using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes
LiquiKang for DX/D2/D2g

nanerasingh

nanerasingh

Android Lover

• 116 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:16 AM #5

in this 3g gsm data working
  • 0 Likes

OP Dubbsy

Dubbsy

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:49 AM #6

Is that a question or a statement?
  • 0 Likes
LiquiKang for DX/D2/D2g

OP Dubbsy

Dubbsy

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:09 PM #7

New build up. Started over on it. Built on the original 1.3 gummy. Only added the hw build.prop tweaks and vm. Left the network stuff alone. Built the d2 and dx at the same time as the d2g verifying each step. The d2 boots and runs great.

Let me know if there are any other issues(besides the ones that are typical ICS issues)
  • 0 Likes
LiquiKang for DX/D2/D2g

kingskell

kingskell

Average Android

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:10 AM #8

is gsm working in this rom?
  • 0 Likes

nanerasingh

nanerasingh

Android Lover

• 116 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:25 AM #9

IT IS QUESTION I HAVENT CHECKED JUST ASKING TO YOU ABOUT GSM SERVICES
  • 0 Likes

OP Dubbsy

Dubbsy

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:35 AM #10

No idea. I have no way to check gsm services and have no way to fix them if they don't work. If they worked in gummy 1.3 they will work in this. If they didn't in gummy 1.3 they won't here either.

posted from my r2d2 on something kanged
  • 0 Likes
LiquiKang for DX/D2/D2g