Mod Type: ROM
OA-VXLR Version 2.2.0 (Open Android - Vortex/Liberty Reloaded)
Please read this post all the way through before installing. This will minimize /facepalm redundancies.
In short, I've picked up where SlothyDX left off on Vortex-Liberty-Reloaded ROM and finished the incomplete parts, as well as adding my own components to it.
Using the Aroma Installer, I've been able to really offer some customization options pre-install and post-install for the end user. Things like 8pt MultiTouch, Disabling Key Lights and more. I've also added an option in the installer to center, left or right-align the statusbar clock. Its a little bit buggy, and may require a couple reboots for changes to usually stick, but its functioning.
And again, with Aroma, comes the ability to change those options when you want! Don't like the centered clock after installing the patch? Just load up the installer again through CWM, and instead of choosing the ROM installation, choose "Optional Components" and change it! Same goes for any other installed optional components.
In the future I will be adding more options to the components section of the installer, like 1click Custom OC/UV settings, Custom App install, etc...
Heres a video of the installer(Installer filmed was an early beta,, actual installer is much more comprehensive):
I've also fixed up this ROM's Customization Menu. The only issue I had was with the Pulldown Text code. It keeps blacking out the statusbar when you change the text (icons come back once you get a notification) and it doesn't stick on reboot, so for now it will remain disabled. I've put the full date in its place (Think this looks nicer).
I removed all the fluff from the install (the nvitems update, logo, kernel, recovery, cdt, cdrom, devtree), so this ROM just installs the system image and the relevant userdata for vortex to run. This also allows you to install this ROM on ANY SBF. Just make sure you pay attention to the wifi fix option in the installer (depending on what SBF you're on) and you're good to go.
Please read Post #3 "Known Bugs/Issues" before reporting issues to this thread!
When posting an issue, please provide the following:
- SBF version
- Your issue
- Steps to replicate the issue
With all that said, here you go.
- -Stock, de-Blurred-based, so everything works & amazing battery life!
- -Aroma Installer with Ability to Flash ROM and Optional Components, OR just flash optional components.
- -More Optional components added periodically (clock alignment, battery icon options, init.d scripts, etc...).
- -Fixed Liberty Customization Menu.
- -Universal carrier bits added (Able to install on multiple carriers with Minimal data issues)
- -Universal SBF Install (doesn't matter what SBF version you're on)
- -Wizards Hijack BootMenu
- -Updated Gapps preloaded
- -Updated Apk's
- -Updated UI
- -CM7 Generic Mms.apk (for universal carrier aspect)
- -A Few system tweaks
- -Lightflow Integration (LED Control)
- -New Boot Animation
- Everything.... except pulldown text.
- Pulldown Text in Customization Menu is disabled (Current date is taken up in that space).
- Find something that doesnt work then PM me, and Good For You!!
The usual.. I claim ZERO responsibility for bricked Devices. If you can't follow instructions or are not sure of how to install a custom ROM, Don't Do It!
- -Boot to CWM
- -Run Installer
- -Choose formatting options (if you are upgrading from VXL-OA 2.1.2 you must choose COMPLETE FORMAT, or you may encounter google account issues amongst other issues.)
- -Choose options in installer.
- -Theres a Wifi Fix for all users NOT on a 621 / 604 Kernel built into the installer. Failure to flash this fix on non-621/604 kernels will result in broken wifi.
MD5 = 3b1904eb9234b4e74e7ded9503f23e05
Much Thanks to the Liberty Team and DeVortex for creating a great build, and SlothyDX for keeping the Mod tight! And anyone else who dipped their fingers into this build: Thanks!
Edited by Spz0, 06 May 2013 - 04:42 PM.