Mod Base:: AOSP

Mod Status:: Beta

Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Requires Root:: Yes

Android Version:: 4.2.2 (JB)

Source:: https://github.com/paranoidandroid

ParanoidAndroid 3.60 R1

Current Version: pa_tf201-3.60-11JUN2013-204131

This is ParanoidAndroid 3.60 for the Transformer Prime. The ROM is still work in progress, but most functions are working. The ones that aren't are listed below.

(3/15/2013) Data2SD mod now available.

Installation Instructions:
1.Make sure you have the Jellybean Bootloader and compatible recovery (I recommend TWRP).
2.Reboot to Recovery.
3.Perform a nandroid backup (VERY important. I haven't had any major problems, but that might not be true for everyone).
4.Wipe System, Wipe data/factory reset if coming from another ROM.
5.Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache (Recommended).
6.Flash the ROM. Click Here to download. (Optional) Download Data2SD or OC Kernel here.
7.Flash PA gapps. Other versions might work, but I haven't tested them with version 3.60.
8.Reboot

Known Bugs:
1.The color picker only works in portrait. Unfortunately, I can't fix this since the color picker is part of the PA Prefs app.
2.DPI sliders in PAPrefs interface screen (global settings) don't go past 160 DPI. I've found the problem. The sliders are tied in to the default DPI setting. I've increased it to match the maximum setting (360 DPI). Be advised: if you hit the reset button, the slider will go to 360 DPI as a result.
3.Most of the bugs in CM10.1 are also present, i.e partially functioning dock (fixed), themes break multi-users, etc.

Major Fixes/Improvements/Changes:
(1/21/2013)
Auto Rotation has been fixed properly.
Dock battery now works properly.

(1/26/2013)
Reboot menu is now working.
Dock Battery Level now shows up in the status bar. Works in phone/phablet/tablet mode.

(1/27/2013)
Dock keyboard is now fully functional.

(2/09/2013)
PIE has been added.
ROW I/O Scheduler has been added.
This is a bit embarrassing for me, but the kernel now flashes properly (blue progres bar after reboot shows up). I'm surprised this wasn't a more widespread problem.

(2/11/2013)
Bluetooth now enables/disables properly.

(2/13/2013)
Fixed external storage write issue
Updated to Android 4.2.2

(2/21/2013)
Fixed custom tiles menu.
Added AutoParts to allow switching between CPU performance modes.

(2/27/2013)
Update to PA 3.10

(2/28/2013)
Fixed a SystemUI FC caused by adding certain tiles to the quick settings panel.

(3/7/2013)
Superuser is integrated into the ROM (SuperSU app is no longer needed). Accessed via Settings.
Circle Battery icon from CyanogenMod has been added.
HW Overlays are automatically disabled when PIE is active (fixes transparency and app sizing issues)
Reverted most SystemUI icons back to MDPI. Quick settings icons are still HDPI since the MDPI set is still causing FC's.
Removed 60 FPS cap in performance mode (my fault for accidentally setting it in the first place. Thought it was uncapped until I double checked).

(3/11/2013)
Added Performance Settings from CyanogenMod.
Fixed a string for PIE settings. Two defaults no longer show under trigger area.
Added UK Keyboard layout.

(3/25/2013)
Updated to 3.15
Included _motley's OC kernel (Per _motley's request, here's a link to his thread).
PA Prefs has been updated. Hybrid properties can be accessed from the quick settings menu.
I've added the notification sounds from CyanogenMod. If they don't show up, go to Settings -> Apps -> All and clear the data for settings.

(3/27/2013)
Found a fix for Quick Settings tiles not rearranging properly.
Bluetooth keyboards now work.
Available space for MicroSD card now appears in Settings -> Storage

(4/08/2013)
Ported the "Long press back button to kill app" feature from CyanogenMod.
Fixed Settings FC caused by trying to change the USB connection type.

(5/03/2013)
Added goo.im OTA update support.
Reverted to stock kernel to keep OTA updates simple.

(5/13/2013)
Fixed a few bugs that found their way back into the ROM
Added cLock widget from Cyanogenmod
Enabled read-only NTFS support within the kernel. Download the latest OC Kernel if you want to overclock.

(6/11/2013)
updated to version 3.60.
HALO
dock battery icon styles.

Credits:

The ParanoidAndroid Team for the ROM
The Cyanogenmod Team for a few necessary files.
Namidairo over at XDA for the device tree, kernel, and vendor files.
I've also set up a device repo for ParanoidAndroid. Its namidairo's with a couple of things removed to get PA working. Link
Source for OC kernel.

Note: I'm not a developer, just a builder. However, if anyone has questions/problems, I'll support this as best I can.

Note2: I have managed to make a slight modification to the Theme Engine in this ROM. It should allow you to apply any CM10 theme from the Google Play store, regardless of screen size. I've only tested dustinb's cobalt themes, but others should work. FYI, themes break the multi-user feature.

Edited by Voyager2k, 11 June 2013 - 09:38 PM.

• 4 Likes

Ickkii

Ickkii

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:28 PM #2

Flashed it, looks pretty good so far. I found a problem within system rom settings, for some reason when I go to change the color for my navbar, only a color selector appears.
So I pick a color and there's no apply button or anything. I may try flashing different rom settings, think it may help?

EDIT: NVM, it works in portrait, just not in landscape. For some reason ARGB doesn't work though, it will list it as FF000000 and if I change it to 00000000 it will just appear black or whatever comes after the alpha layer.

By the way, thank you for being one of the last active rom producers for this device. Can't tell you how long I've been waiting for PA as a themer. Sorry if it's a deadzone around these parts, it kind of goes that way when most of the devs abandon tf201 for the next bleeding edge device. If I'd have known it would have become this quiet I'd have kept my TF101, surprises me that their community is still active as ever.

Edited by Ickkii, 13 January 2013 - 05:49 PM.

• 2 Likes

OP Voyager2k

Voyager2k

• 31 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:29 PM #3

For some reason ARGB doesn't work though, it will list it as FF000000 and if I change it to 00000000 it will just appear black or whatever comes after the alpha layer.

What mode are you running the ROM in, tablet or phablet workspace?

Edited by Voyager2k, 14 January 2013 - 10:31 PM.

• 0 Likes

Ickkii

Ickkii

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:17 AM #4

What mode are you running the ROM in, tablet or phablet workspace?

Tablet for all - 160dpi
  • 0 Likes

OP Voyager2k

Voyager2k

• 31 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:33 PM #5

I don't think navbar transparency was properly added to the ROM when I built this. I know it doesn't work in phablet mode, except for the status bar.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes

Ickkii

Ickkii

Average Android

• 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:02 PM #6

I don't think navbar transparency was properly added to the ROM when I built this. I know it doesn't work in phablet mode, except for the status bar.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using RootzWiki

I've never seen transparent navbar work work for very long so its no surprise. Maybe the new aokp build that was released for nexus has taken care of this.
  • 0 Likes

fredgar

fredgar

Flashaholic

• 175 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:02 PM #7

Ah sweet something new to play with. Thank you.

Sent from my EVO using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
  • 0 Likes

Vitalero

Vitalero

Unstable

• 28 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:21 AM #8

does the latest update includes PIE in it?[im asking due to the 21 jan date while pie was added on 18jan to phones]
  • 0 Likes

andrewjt19

andrewjt19

Android Freak!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:45 AM #9

Awesome. Great to see some more development happening.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using RootzWiki
  • 0 Likes
Andrewjt19
"Rule Your Phone" not just the air. :D
Current Devices: Samsung Galaxy Note II, Asus Transformer Prime
Retired Devices: Droid X, HTC Incredible, Droid Charge, Galaxy Nexus (still in operation by my wife:cool:)...
Check out my website: http://www.ProjectIn...on.Blogspot.com

OP Voyager2k

Voyager2k

• 31 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:55 PM #10

does the latest update includes PIE in it?[im asking due to the 21 jan date while pie was added on 18jan to phones]

No. As far as I know, the ParanoidAndroid Team haven't posted the code on github.
Edit: I've posted an experimental build that has it, but it doesn't have proper support for the dock yet.

Edited by Voyager2k, 30 January 2013 - 09:24 PM.

• 1 Likes