Rate this Topic

- - - - -

DNA - stuck in ClockworkMOD and can't load a rom - no usb access

• Please log in to reply

reidoreilly

reidoreilly

• 47 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:46 PM #21

When he first flashed CWM, he hadn't had a ROM on his SD card that he could flash, thus his recovery screen is all he could boot to.

yeah, I understand that, but ive done the same thing too. I don't know how capable cwm is for adb, but when I did it I was able to flash twrp through fastboot, then go into recovery and push a rom through the adb sideload command. I don't know if you can push a rom through fastboot or not, but using the sideload push command through twrp was easiest for me. I was just wondering why he couldn't do the same

Edited by reidoreilly, 08 January 2013 - 11:46 PM.

• 0 Likes

slvrdrgn123

slvrdrgn123

• 27 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:38 PM #22

His problem was that the computer wasn't reconizing the phone through adb for him to push the rom to.
  • 0 Likes

prestie

prestie

Average Android

• 7 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:31 AM #23

Try flashing an insecure boot image from fastboot then try pushing a rom through adb. Since the DNA is still s-on, you have to flash an insecure boot image before you flash any rom or you end up stuck in your recovery.

Edited by prestie, 11 January 2013 - 09:32 AM.

• 0 Likes

DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Average Android

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:47 PM #24

My phone is stuck in recovery and I am not able to boot into fastboot. I think it is because my battery is dead. If i plug the phone up it goes straight to recovery. Will it charge in recovery if i leave it there? I think if i can get to fastboot i can flash an insecure boot.img and it will load its just a matter of getting there from cwm recover. Any suggestions
  • 0 Likes

skynet11

skynet11

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:55 PM #25

Yes, it'll charge while in recovery, but I don't think that's your problem. Does your PC recognize your phone when connected?
  • 0 Likes

Terminators run on Android... Except the ones I sent to find John Connor... They were running iOS :P
Rootzwiki Rules: troll-resistant and flame-retardant

DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Average Android

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:58 PM #26

yes. If i type "adb devices" it list the device as "FA2B9S500933 recovery"
  • 0 Likes

DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Average Android

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:22 PM #27

Skynet11 any thoughts?

Nevermind I let it charge a while then i was able to boot to fastboot and flash an insecure boot.img Thanks anyhow bro!
  • 1 Likes

izan24

izan24

Android Beginner

• 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:35 PM #28

ok i am having the same issue.  i have adb & fastboot on my computer; however, the phone is recognized in when i search devices but the phone is not recognized in adb.  can someone please provide me a step by step guide to fix this problem & at least get back to stock.  i am in the middle of a snow storm w/no phone.  PLEASE HELP!!!! thanks in advance.

• 0 Likes